Entry List Philippines GP Gold 2009

Discussion in 'Malaysia GP Gold / Philippines Open 2009' started by Sandy, Jun 9, 2009.

1. hellopanda3

hellopanda3 Regular Member

TRAIN!
    I knew with the schedule change (Jun to July), actual scheduling of top players, prize money, etc., the entry list would not be all that great.
    I was debating whether or not to attend this tournament during my visit to the Philippines.
    But, the entries of KKK-TBH and the Fuzzy Team swiftly threw away any thoughts that I was not going to attend.
    And usually, not to offend women players, I tend to overlook the women's draw for WHATEVER reason.
    But then again, just to prove that I should at least glance at all the draws, I read the name GAO LING in this thread.
    I thought I would never be able to watch her play considering that I got into badminton right around the time when she was getting out.
    I'm pretty excited about the tournament now. Haha.
    Is there like an autograph session or like picture session for this tournament?
    This is my first "upper division" (For the lack of a better word) tournament and I don't know how it's usually run.
    Anyways, enough ranting.

See you all at the tournament and I hope I'll be able to play plenty of badminton during my July stay.

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    See you in Manila then....

3. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    I also don't know how it goes as it would be my first time to watch an international badminton competition. But from what I see on TV, after the game, the players pass by to sign autographs.

If you want, you could join us play badminton on July 4 after watching the semis. Me and my baddy buddies are regular Saturday badminton players. We also have queueings on weekdays. Just PM me. See you. :)

4. hellopanda3

hellopanda3 Regular Member

TRAIN!
    Yeah, that sounds great.
    What does PM mean?

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    PM means Private Message

6. wierdngifted

wierdngifted Regular Member

artist

Wow!Is this for real???Or are they just fillers to entice the fans to come and then later on they just can't make it???Hope this is for real....

7. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Oh man!

I didn't think of it that way. I hope not; otherwise, the Philippine Badminton Association would not be credible anymore.

8. donvito

donvito Regular Member

lawyer
    I'm looking forward to seeing GAO LING and WEI YILI, and the former olympics champs ZHANG and WEI! Can't wait to have photos with them! See you at the PHILIPPINE OPEN!