Entry List Philippines GP Gold 2009

Discussion in 'Malaysia GP Gold / Philippines Open 2009' started by Sandy, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Here is the file but any confusing in XD list (Pia & Minarti were written twice)

Attached Files:

2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Wow...long time no see....YKB and Breyno Wong....

What surprise me is....YKB partnering Yogendra in MD........

3. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Chandra Wijaya on MD list (who paired with Farhad) is not the famous Candra Wijaya, he comes from Surabaya

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Wow, so correct me if I am wrong:
    KKK-TBH, Fuzzy pair, and Hafiz will compete in 4 successive tournaments?
    SIN Open SS
    INA Open SS
    MAS Gold GP
    PHI Gold GP
    Not burnt out or tired after 4 weeks? :eek:

5. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    very weak entry...hm..now I ma thinking should I go or not...

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Only KKK/TBH will compete in 4 tourneys one after another & KKK in 2 depts for 3 tourneys.:eek: Rexy said he send them for many tourney cos lack of high quality sparring, the other pairs quite a gap from KKK/TBH standard. + as preparation & seeding in WC.
    ++ I think KKK/TBH are defending champs of Philipines Open, need to go to defend title.

Fuzzy(as a pair) & Hafiz will compete in 3, they're not in Spore SS.
    Half of Fuzzy pair- Fairuz is in Spore, played XD with WPT but they're out already.

I've looked at the list again : uncles CTF/LWW, CCM/CCE, GanTC/TBS, Lydia Cheah, LTS, Sairul Ayob also will compete in 4 tourneys in a row

#6 eaglehelang, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  7. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Thanks for the info.
    Is this the complete list?
    No representatives from Korea?

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Better not go.. :). But then gals in Manila is waiting for you.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

No top MS players..

..none of the 4 MS players will come to the Philippines Open this yr..But you should consider going and supporting the event, anyway..:)

10. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Hi. I just wanna ask what could be the reason for not having top players?

Whose fault is it?

Is it because the Philippine Badminton Association lack convincing powers to invite popular badminton players? Is it because the pot money is not lucrative enough? Is it because of low ranking points? What?

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Asking moi??..^^

..asking moi what do i think could be the reason(s) for the absence of the top players??..:p

Well, IMO, a bit of all of those questions posed by you..
    But the bottom line, it comes down to the prize money offered and prestige (how one perceives a certain tourney's prestige). Personally, if you ask me, if the prize money of the Philippines Open were to be jacked up to say, $200k, i'm sure a lot of the top players would come.
    As for prestige only event, the only events which i envision a lot of the top players would come is if the Philippine Badminton Association were to pitch in to host for the World Championships or one of the team events (Sudirman or Thomas & Uber Cups). Of course, the All-England tourney ain't leaving UK and the Olympics will be a hard sell to the Philippines.
    So, the only shot for Philippines to host and have the top players participating is to get-on-up the prize money, make it a SS level, or apply to host the World Championships or one of the team championship events.

Can the Philippine Badminton Association take up that challenge??..
    :cool:

#11 ctjcad, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

INA also registered main WD pair, Shendy/Mel and Nitya/Greysia beside the upcoming players. Few entries in this discipline, Chinese pairs will be tough opponent for them.

13. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yes, money should be the biggest motivator for the top players to go to the Philippines. No need to make it a SS level (I don't think BWF will want to give it to the Philippines anyway)... Just make the prize money US$150,000 or US$ 175,000, then way more top players will come.

However, in my humble opinion, for the sake of badminton development in the Philippine, it is more economical and logical to just maintain this GP Gold prize money as it is now (US$ 120,000) and then add one Philippine Challenge (Prize money: US$15,000)... in this level tournament, the top Filipino players can actually win and bring real glory to the Filipino fans. When the fans and players can feel glorious, badminton will create more buzz in the country... More people will start dreaming of becoming an international badminton champion... :cool:

14. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

I think the timing is wrong. The top players will be going to Aviva Singapore Super Series, Djarum Indonesia Super Series, then Malaysia Gold. After the 3 events here comes the Philippine Open. The top players will also have to prepare for the World Championship.

They should have kept the original schedule for Philippine open which was June 2 to 7. It could have been a good warm up before the 2 super series events.

15. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I have posted that Phillippine Open should follow before or after Thai Open then many top players will come...there is no way top players will play 4 tournaments in a row....actually by doing that will give players to warm up for WC...now with Thai Open alone and many players are afraid about the stability of recent incidents so Thai Open can be missed but if Phillipine Open is paired with Thai...I believe more players will come.......

16. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    You both make sense... :cool:

17. Koi^^

Koi^^ Regular Member

Chef
    I'll go and support the event just to be able to see the great Gao Ling playing with Wei Yili and of course the other pair that I so love Zhang JieWen and Yang Wei

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..timing could be a factor, but holding it from June 2-7 will also mean there will be 4 straight tourneys. What's the difference, except the order which the Philippines Open will be held?
    If they were to hold the Philippines Open on a different date, then IMO they should've done it in April when there were basically no GP or GP Gold tourneys. But then again, all the top teams were preparing for the Sudirman Cup.
    ..that's another option, but i don't think top players, esp. the top Singles players will come for those 2 tournaments with abt 1 month to go esp. before the WC. Usually there's more than 1 month off before any big/major tourneys (WC, SC, TC & UC, Olympics).

If it's not the team championships events, WC & Olympics, it'll come down to the prize money offered in a tourney, if one expects to see the top players participating.

19. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Philippine Open has been moved. Suppose to be held on Early June or late April. Local organisers have no choice but to have it this time around. Anyway its good for the new upcoming players. Top Ranked players is there more for warmups only.

20. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Oh yes! I'm also a big fan of her. I thought after her retirement, I wouldn't be able to see her play anymore. But "behold"! The great Gao Ling will be here. I hope she makes it to the semifinals and finals. I only have tickets for the mentioned 2 events. The first few rounds, I couldn't watch because I have things to do in the office.

As for increasing the prize money, it's just so dissapointing because the champion's take-home cash is nothing compared to that of tennis. :(