Entry list for Malaysia GP Gold

Discussion in 'Malaysia GP Gold / Philippines Open 2009' started by huangkwokhau, May 23, 2009.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I don't understand why Kido/Hendra are in the MD list, while Rian/Yoke and Bona/Ahsan are not, when in fact these are the tournaments that will suit them in terms of winning a title.

Likewise for WD and XD, when we can throw in Nitya/Grace or Mel/Shendy as well as Devin/Lita :cool:

2. gerrard778

gerrard778 Regular Member

student
    why debby/pia are not in the list of WD??? It's strange because they won last tournament in vietnam...

3. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Thanks for the Info.

Cheng Shu was dumped to make room for the old ladies. Fans get to see GL/WYL and YW/ZJW for one more time.

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    At first, I wanted to say: maybe because the PBSI management thought 3 tournaments in a row is too tasking for Rian-Yoke, Bona-Ahsan, Greysia-Nintya, and Mel-Shendy... since they all will appear in the Philippine Open [one week after MAS GP Gold]. But then, I saw the names of Fran-Pia, Rijal-Debby, and Tantowi-Richie... all these XD will play INA Open, MAS GP Gold, and PHI GP Gold... :confused: 3 in a row... So, I really see no consistent logical pattern here... :confused:

Good question! Especially since Debby-Pia will appear in Philippine Open, the week after MAS GP Gold... :confused:

5. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Thanks Sandy for the M&Q report. As has been known, Cheng Shu is not playing in Malaysia Grand Prix, I know the reason why Cheng Shu is not playing in this tournament :D But it is quite P&C, so I cannot tell the reason :p For the WS squad, I feel pity for ZL. Why the coach does not send her to Singapore Open and Indonesia Open? Instead, the coach sends her to a grand prix tournament :( It seems like she really has been neglected :( For MS, I am looking forward to watch CL again :D For XD, there are many new pairs from China, but I don't think they can go very far :D I am more concern with Zheng Bo/Ma Jin and Xu Chen/Zhao Yunlei :D

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Honestly, I still think that PB Djarum is still far better than Pelatnas in terms of tournament planning for the players.

I think these are the only players that should be sent to SS tourneys:
    1. Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    2. Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan
    3. Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir
    -- all have won multiple SS events before, therefore, justify these selections. In fact, these players SHOULD NOT be sent to any GP Gold events, unless it's deemed necessary for their fitness (after a long injury).

Players that should be sent to GP Golds and some SS tourneys:
    1. Simon Santoso -- won 1 GP Gold event but needs to win more.
    2. Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita -- ditto
    3. Meiliana Jauhari/Shendy Puspa Irawati -- having won GP tourney, target is to win a GP Gold.
    4. Andre Kurniawan Tedjono (of PB Djarum) -- ditto.

Players that should be sent to GP Golds and some GP tourneys as well:
    1. Adriyanti Firdasari
    2. Maria Kristin Yulianti -- unfortunately, both WS players have yet to win anything significant, except for Maria's solitary bronze in the Beijing Olympics 2008. A title in a GP tourney will boost their confidence!
    3. Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan
    4. Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki -- both MD pairs need to win something this year....at least a GP (and hopefully GP Gold) tourney!
    5. Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii -- need to win something significant first!
    6. Akhmad Tantowi/Richi Puspita Dili -- target is a GP title at least. I am sure with Tantowi's experience, this target should be achievable!
    7. Pia Bernadet Zebadiah/Debby Susanto

Players that should be sent GP AND International Challenge tourneys:
    1. Fran Kurniawan/Pia Bernadet Zebadiah
    2. Mohd Rijal/Debby Susanto
    3. Fernando Kurniawan/Lingga Lie
    4. Wifqi Windarto/Afiat Yuris Wirawan
    5. All MS and WS players in Pelatnas
    6. All the remaining WD players in Pelatnas

7. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

How are these Djarum's players ?

Maria Febe, have won GP tournament
    Febby Angguni, Maria Elfira, Rosaria Pungkasari have won Int. Challenge or GP Finalist

They should be sent to GP Gold tournaments like in Malaysia or Philippine

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I agree, esp Febby Angguni. I guess PB Djarum is sending Febby and Pipin to the Auckland International Series and hopefully July's GP events in Australia and New Zealand.

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member