England Singles players - where?

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Cheung, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Smautf

Smautf Regular Member

...well he certainly will be now after his effort in this week's Nantes International Challenge event against Roman Youinou (France):

https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...F55B2D12-FBD1-4493-81E0-1483E0C749ED&match=51

21 - 0, 21 - 0. Is this a BWF first?

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
  3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I saw one IG post showing a developing player at around 12 years old training doubles. Is that common in England ? Is time split equally on singles and doubles?

I ask because over in HK, kids have very little training in doubles starting off - here a lot of time is put on courtwork movement training. I know there have been a number of recent immigrants from the Hk into England who have done very well in the county tournaments. One of them hasn’t lost a match in about six county tournaments this half year and another girl has gone to the top of the rankings despite her not selected for elite training in HK.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Anaemic representation at the World Championships. One mens singles, one mens doubles, two mixed doubles.

Edit - Lauren Smith needs a hip operation so that really puts her women’s and mixed doubles back in their preparation.

#24 Cheung, Aug 21, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  5. Smautf

Smautf Regular Member

Well at least it looks like Morten Frost is not shrinking from the task he's taken on...

https://www.badmintonengland.co.uk/performance-director-morten-frosts-review-of-2022/

Cheung likes this.
  6. Battista Donati

Battista Donati New Member

I realize, of course, that this is bbc, but what does "report will not be published to preserve anonymity" mean? Do we have to take our word for it?