Ebay Yonex Bag 9624 (Fake ?)

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by Gungirl526, Mar 21, 2012.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

A good clue is usually what else they sell, aside from the red and black colour listed for this bag never officially existing to my knowledge (seen a few more colours listed on chinese auctions websites).

And judging by their Li-Ning apparel it probably is fake ... model no. is incorrect as well I now notice. 2 zippers should be 9624 ...

2. Gungirl526

Gungirl526 Regular Member

hi demolidor!I think it's actually 9624 but I guess it's fake :p too bad I bought it already just waiting for the package to arrive :pThanks !!

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Let us know, it's is quite interesting in any case. Just bumped into this as well: http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2000028/all

Quite "odd" he just has new stock for such an old model. But I was intrigued by these colours in the past as well so would be nice if they are actually legit :D.

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Looking at some more pics from the lowyat forum the tag does actually say 9620 on the black one and listed colour = blue :D. And I discovered a traditional flaw in fakes: wrong font (on the straps and probably top of the bag).
    Other than that it looks pretty good, but silver mesh not quite right as well.

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Re: silver mesh, probably camera smear on the black, looks better on the blue but still not as clean as an original. Also the zipper pulls say "Yonex" instead of "YY" symbol ...

6. Gungirl526

I'll look at those specs when the bag arrives ! The bag might look different from the pictures who knows ! If it's $40 on eBay do you think the will be selling a authentic one ? I've seen reviews of the shop selling the bag and nobody really said it's fake or so:$ Thanks !

7. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Looking at the link and the guy only had about 300 hits (that's kinda low I would think). Did you try looking at Tad's Sporting Goods on W.70th Ave and Granville St? They have a lot of bags to choose from. And they could get a specific bag for you if you ask them. I got a blue Victor 209 bag for my friend for $60 (tax included).

Hope your bag is real. Sucks if it was a fake.

8. Gungirl526

Hope the bag is real! I've fell in love with this bag when users have post pictures of this bag ! I was hoping to find this bag but it was discontinued since it was from 2007 :p!

9. Gungirl526

I've just noticed that the Yonex on the straps are so high up compared to other pictures !

10. CanucksDynasty

Post pics when you get it. And if it does turn out to be fake...I doubt anybody off the street would know the difference anyways. Just take it as a lesson learned.

11. Gungirl526

alright ! post some pictures up when the bag arrives :p thanks for your help !

12. Gungirl526

hey guys :)!
    this is an update to the Yonex Bag from Ebay !
    I was pretty excited when I saw the package at my door and i really really pleased with the bag!
    Here are some pictures of it ! IMG_2094.jpg IMG_2095.jpg

13. CanucksDynasty

Nice. Like the neon green/yellow.

14. lora-china

lora-china Regular Member

a little worry....

15. Gungirl526

a ltitle worry about its fake ?
    Im really pleased with the bag :)

16. Stealthking

Stealthking Regular Member

Not that I am an advocate of fake stuff, but in this instance with a carry bag, does it really matter if its fake or real..? Looking at the pics, it looks like a nice bag, well made, functional and maybe only slightly different aesthetically from the genuine Yonex bag.

At the end of the day, I dont think that a genuine bag will hold rackets better than a counterfeit bag so if it still looks good and does the job at half the price then its up to the buyer I suppose. Some people worry what other people might think but others just dont care..... so up to the buyers I guess

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

If you are fine with supporting organized crime then, sure why not :D

Unless of course you are under the impression Santa's elves have a little thing on the side going on. No reason for buying counterfeit, perhaps they should consider leaving out all the logo's next time so you can actually have a decent bag at low price. But I'm sure you can get a genuine bag at similar prices, especially those Sunrise models or other brands and at clearance sale.

#18 demolidor, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  18. Stealthking

Stealthking Regular Member

LOL... don't you think its a little bit harsh suggesting that as supporting Organised Crime..? :D

I prefer to look at it as being an informed victim of internet counterfeiting.... and yes quite a few instances, there's a bit of Santa's little helpers giving themselves a helping hand through the back door....LOL