early predictions+ draw for Indo open

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Open / Hong Kong Open / Indonesia O' started by aiyuuw, Dec 9, 2004.

1. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c

HAHA you are most probably right here based on recent records! :D

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmm, what is their current/recent head to head record??..i thought taufik had a 1-1 record vs. BCL prior to him losing to BCL 2-1 in the recent China Open with a very bad foot injury(no excuse but you have to take that into consideration, a less than 100% Taufik)??..And if goes as planned, remember BCL will have to face Chen Hong, Lee Chong Wei and Sony Kuncoro(to name a few) *if* he is going to advance to the Final...
    Rememeber also Taufik is playing in his home country with his old coach behind him, whilst BCL, Lin Dan already played at his home country..

3. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    i can get your point,ws and wd for china, and xd and md for indonesia, and these 2 countries will battle for ms title

4. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    i read in www.badminton-indonesia.com that sony is injured in his right thigh which he got since china open, and that its still sore,even tho he doesnt whitdraw.with that i think indonesia's chance to get ms title is lessen, and the hope is now alll on taufik's shoulders, and malaysia and china will have bigger chance to get the title even tho sony was never really a big threat for anybody, but still

5. Johansen

Johansen Regular Member

There will only be to danish players in this tournament. Anders Boesen and Niels Christian Kaldau - both in MS.

The reason is that Denmark normally only send the whole team when they can do two tournament on the same journey - and Hong Kong is cancelled..

Johansen
    www.badminton-nyt.dk

6. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Interesting, China send most of the top players except WS. Does Li want to make sure the Golden Couple will shine again. ;)

7. *GaDe~CaMiLlA*

*GaDe~CaMiLlA* Regular Member

Student, Multimedia Designer
    Why Denmark normally only send the whole team when they can do two tournament on the same journey????? :confused: :rolleyes:

8. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

I think this is Gong, zhang and zhoun who didn't wanted to participate at the IO 2004 not Li who didn't sent them.
    MS : Wish Bao will win but i think Lin Dan will show us that he's now the master lol
    WS : GO GO GO HONGYYYYYYAAAAAAN !!!! LoL
    MD : in front of their homecrowd Candra/sigit
    WD : Yang/zhang
    Wxd : new pair Widianto/natsir

9. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Based on current form, I would say Lee Chong Wei has a great chance. I think if he manages to conserve his energy during matches and not overkill his opponent in the first set (like what happened against Kenneth in Singapore), he will be too strong even for Taufik.

This guy has some resemblance to Zhao Jian Hua the magician. When he leapts up, no one knows where he is going to send the shuttle. IMHO, I have not seen anyone of Zhao's style or magic since he retired, he was supreme during those few years when he was at his best. He was like the Micheal Jordan of badminton :)

10. Fook90

Fook90 Regular Member

Student
    Anyone noticed that Sigit Pamugkas is in the qualifying draw ? Is he the Indo MD coach or just another person with the same name ?

Bambang Suprianto also would be playing XD. He used to be one of my favourite player. I hope he can win the Thai second seeds Sudket and Saralee. Marleve Mainaky is also pairing up with his brother Karel to play MD.
    I am awaiting to see how they fare tomorrow.

11. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

hmmm.. you don't seem to have any confidence in the chinese team lol! :D

but sure, it'll be nice to see a different outcome in MS and WS after the 'golden pair' winning 3 titles in a row. personally, i'd like BCL to bag the MS title. in WS, pi hongyan; WD the no.1 pair. MD- no preference. XD - Zhang/gao of course!

12. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

hope the Golden Couple Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang will be the champion again !!

13. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

fantastic observation....u are absolutely right...havent seen any msian player so skillful as lcw..good future...needs to be tougher when the goings get rough..:cool: :cool: :cool:

14. Fook90

Fook90 Regular Member

Student
    Another M'sian player who stands a chance to win IO is Hafiz Hashim.

15. Johansen

Johansen Regular Member

Only one dane left. Anders Boesen is injured and will not go.

I thing the reason that Denmark only send the whole team for two tournament is a question af money...

Johansen
    www.badminton-nyt.dk

16. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    It seems boesen is getting little injuries quite frequently these days.

It is a shame if money is the problem. We did think that it wuold be difficult to arrange to stay/train for these set of tournaments when the HK open was cancelled. I guess this is part of the reason too?