Dutch Open participants

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / German Open 2004' started by demolidor, Sep 20, 2004.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i found out the reason.

on the 28th, there is an exhibition match between the Chinese Olympics winners and a few famous players, notably, Camilla, Mia and Ra. Chinese players who will be present are:

it will be played in Shenzhen.

2. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Yes, now that you say so, I remember! :)

It's probably also the reason why these players won't be at Denmark Open just after either (except for Camilla of course).

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    just found this:

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Go Eva!

how come you are playing with a Canadian player for mixed?

5. Eva

Eva Regular Member

Hai guys!

I had only entered the tournament in doubles because I'm just playing it for fun this year.. I took a break from the national team because I'm doing some research at the university for my studies. That means I can't train twice a day at the national training center. However, the plan is to go back there and train full-time after I finished my work and get my bachelors degree in January. If I'm allowed to come back anyway :)...

When I applied my entry-form the people of the organisation asked me if I wanted to play mixed aswell..So I said yes..and that's why am playing
    with the canadian guy who I really don't know..

6. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Well, good luck then! Enjoy playing with no pleasure! :)
    And good luck for your studies too, what are you studying?

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Well I was there today, sitting in the players section even though most of the foreign players seemed to not know there was one, but there wasn't much to get exited about in terms of play. A couple of nice shots here n there, but not too many close matches. This player I thought was pretty good: AYOB Sairul Amar, but still have to see him against better opposition. Daniel DAMGAARD-PEDERSEN looked very much at ease in his match so might be interesting to watch his progress.

On the women's side, I didn't see too many matches but from the ones I saw Ragna INGOLFSDOTTIR was better than expected, well than one would expect from Iceland, but she was good. Also Amalie ORSTED played solid and now she gets to play Pi.
    Then miss Bott:will have to work a lot harder to go to Beijing 2008 or competition is so low in germany they will send just about anybody ;) Just kidding they didn't send anyone this year did they? :D I read somewhere in a german article that's she no kournikova because she's already won some tournaments: big deal :rolleyes: what tournaments where those. From what I saw today it's exactly like with Kournikova in the end
    Anyways she does have potential but it's totally weird when she get's on court, officials moving seats (off-duty offcourse) :D ridiculous, etc. u can fill in the rest. Wonder how she can feel comfortable on court when all attention is on her but not for her play :confused: (yes u can pm me carola if u have a comment)

Well leaving at 0730h. tomorrow morning to watch my friends play a double at 1130 or something and if they win we'll have to wait 5 or 6 hours for the next round

8. Zax

Zax Regular Member

badminton promotor :)
    Who are those friends? Are you a Dutch player too?
    Do I know you then perhaps??

Grtz Mark Scheffer.

9. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Hard luck Eva!

Losing 9-15 15-8 17-15 to Scots Yuan Wemyss and Michelle Douglas when you were leading all along the third set... :(

Not bad anyway for someone who is not training in the national centre anymore! :D