Duora z strike vs Arc saber 11

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by engrjoey, Aug 20, 2017.

1. engrjoey

engrjoey New Member

I play mostly doubles, currently using a 3u voltric 70etune without the etune grommets strung with bg66um at 27lbs and it has been serving me well except when i'm defending fast smashes. I feel that a stiffer racquet would help for my swing "responsiveness". I have narrowed it down to these two: duora z strike or arc saber 11, i know these two are labeled as balanced racquets but reading threads in this website implies they have a slight lean towards being HH and that is what i prefer coming from a voltric. I have held an AS11 but haven't played with it, feels alright but max tension of 24 makes me consider others. Haven't held a z strike yet. would rate my level as high intermediate. style of play is more on tactical offensive.
    Please help me choose and please explain why should i choose one over the other.

TIA

#1 engrjoey, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  2. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Z Strike is a really nice racquet for singles but I didn't find it that good at doubles albeit better than my zfii 3u although you could technically use whatever you wish in doubles if you wanted. Just a stiffer racket wouldn't necessarily mean that you'd be defending smashes left right and centre. What you want is a faster and more aerodynamic frame. Victor Jetspeed 10 and Li Ning N9ii come to mind. Don't know why 11 has a written limit of 24 since loads of people use them at 30 and higher with zero issues. Axelsen had his at 34 and Taufik Hidayat went as high as 36 on it. 27 should be no problem as long as the stringer isn't the issue.

engrjoey likes this.
  3. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    also maybe consider DUO-10 if the ARC-11 isn't head heavy or stiff enough

for what it's worth i run 28 lbs on both of those with no issues.

engrjoey likes this.
  4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Some people have incredible illusion on the strength of some rackets. They also think "Hey, Viktor run it at 34, so it must be a tank." That pros go through 8 rackets within less than year happen furtive. You see them just 1 hour on court during an event with rare breakage. The main breakage happen during training or on machines. Their racket lifetime is as long as the lifetime of a stringing job with BG65 at 22lbs. So please take any numbers of pros not as an indicator for the strength of a frame.

I can tell you that I have seen 6 broken Arc11 at a tournament from a danish MD player at one day this year. All gone at the same spot. I agree that you can string an Arc11 at 27lbs for a long time, but the tension of pros is just something for people who don't give a f*** to spend 200$ on rackets several times in a year like buying an H&M shirt.

dave010 and engrjoey like this.
  5. engrjoey

engrjoey New Member

cant find victor and lining racquets over here. what worries me about the max tension of the arc saber 11 is that about 2 months ago I was using an arc saber fd(used it for 6 months) and broke it by smashing, i hit the shuttle with the frame :( u could clearly see the pain through the photo.
    It was strung with bg66um too at 27lbs. it's maximum tension is also 24 lbs. mishits happen. it would suck real bad if i buy an as11 and break it but if i buy a z strike I'll kinda have that peace of mind since it can take higher tensions. dont have a lot of money to buy racquets but if im going to buy one should be worth it.

Attached Files:

6. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

I didn't feel like the AS11 was head heavy enough, and a little more flexible than my taste (still semi stiff). The DZS is very stiff and sliiightly head heavier than the AS11, just enough for me. The DZS is stiff and pretty hard to wield, though, need a very fast swing and impeccible timing, definitely not recommended for everyone. I came from a VIctor SW35 (also hard to wield, very stiff and medium head heavy). I guess I'm somewhat of a sadist to myself.

If defense is your problem, the AS11 will do nicely as its a little faster than the VT70, I think. And it's a lot more accessible to play than the DZS. But in the end the best way to improve is to train more on those areas, no racket is going to be a magic bullet.

Also, cool pic! I never had that happen to any of my rackets, and I also use 27/28 lbs (12.5 kg in proper science-units). It might be because lighter rackets (FD is 5u) have quite a bit less material and thus won't be as strong. Most rackets I used are fine up to 28 lbs. (even my 4u's)

Good luck!

#6 thyrif, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    ucantseeme likes this.
  7. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    FD is a lower mid range racket however and way too light for those tensions so 24 is actually a decent creep limit for it. I wouldn't say you compare that and 11 with each other. 27 should be no problem at all.

Z Strike on the other hand while not being my most preferred racket of choice for doubles, eats high tension for breakfast. Mine has been mostly on 31/32 and sometimes even 34 once for 4 month+ now with not a problem in sight. Obviously don't use such high tensions on a racket (34 or higher) unless you want to be replacing them rather frequently as ucantseeme rightfully warned.

#7 swsh, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    saeed-87 likes this.
  8. engrjoey

engrjoey New Member

34lbs!?must have a very satisfying sound when u smash.

9. Parth Nayak

Parth Nayak Regular Member

34lbs? @swsh do you ever play with nylon shuttles ? It must be rock hard to throw or even feel nylon on that tension .

10. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Not really you get used to it. I play with Mavis 2000 often. Let's stay on topic tho no need for anyone to discuss tensions in the OP's thread of which racket he should buy :).

11. Parth Nayak

Parth Nayak Regular Member

Well sure thanks . I have also been playing with z strike both in singles and doubles and find it really nice in quick exchanges and hard smashes . Haven't played with arcsaber 11 but I did play with arcsaber 10 if that's of any help and would prefer zs anytime . You do need to give time to racket but it's worthwhile to stick with it . Personally I have never felt only marginal difference between both side of ZS so now, I don't even care about it.

12. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I strung several Arcsaber FD and these rackets are light and fragile. Would never trust more than 24lbs. It's natural that a racket which has 10g less weight, which is more than 10% less graphite, is more fragile. Also a previous light clash, hitting the floor or the net can damage such light rackets.

13. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Normally most frames get weaken after 1 year, so please don't say that a racket eat something for breakfast. Even at 30lbs over to long time, without changing string and grommets frequently, issues will come 100%. Not always in the first few month, but they will come. I promise.

dave010 likes this.
  14. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    People keep a racket for more than a year? :D

15. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Weird.. Although I think the N90s are gonna be with me for a while. Even now I can't stop eyeing up the odd racket here and there.

swsh likes this.
  16. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Some people sand down light rackets too make them lighter and go next time for a sledgehammer. :rolleyes: Some people jump after 9-10 month with one racket in their bag to the next one in their bag. And some people who are more focused on training and competitive play get 3-5 rackets of the same model which they like and hope to get a few years out of it. Some people like me hate to jump to a different model or buy and try new rackets. I'm always happy with the things which I have instead of searching for more happiness which eat my time to enjoy the current happiness.

dave010 likes this.
  17. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I mean the sticker peeled off and it made me curious what would happens if I removed it all? Next thing I know the racket doesn't have paint anymore. :rolleyes:

It seems you've found Inner Peace. *Kung Fu Panda theme song plays*

Uhh tell me about it. After seeing OP's thread again my hand slipped and I had N9II in my cart at e78. :oops:

@OP you could import the racket if you really wanted to even if you can't find them in your home country.

18. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

Well, it really depends on the racquet and how much it gets used. If a player never uses it, it's not going to break by itself.

#18 dave010, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  19. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    String a racket at 34lbs and put it away. You will also get wear and tear at these tension if you let it alone. It will break one day in the bag. Also buying old models (older than 5 years) is a bad thing. They are not as strong as a new racket. A racket get also weaker when it age in a shop as a shelf warmer.

20. engrjoey

engrjoey New Member

so, i went for the duora z strike and what an awesome racquet this is. i admit that the first few matches were a struggle because of timing issues and the compact head but once i’ve got thru the “new racket feeling”, the thing felt like my arm. my favorite thing about the racquet is that when I hit the shuttle I can feel the impact more making me more in to the game. that sounds vague but that is the best way I can describe it. thanks for the inputs guys!

swsh and thyrif like this.