Duora Z Strike... Hard to Use?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Mangoooo12, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Mangoooo12

Mangoooo12 Regular Member

Hi

I currently use a Nanoray Z speed with 65 Ti at around 27 and also a Li Ning N99 with BG 80 at 25. I am looking to buy the z strike and was wondering how much stiffer is this racket compared to the two I have now and overall how much harder it is to use. Also any owner thoughts or reviews on this racket would be great.

Thanks BC!!!

2. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
  3. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Z-Strike is stiffer than the Z-Speed. Can't remember if it's also stiffer than N99, but I think they were pretty equal.

4. Stever7425

Stever7425 Regular Member

Can't compare with z speed and n99,, but compared to zf2, li-ning n9ii and arcsaber 11 the z-strike for me was very difficult to use consistently, good technique in everyshot is a must with that racket..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Mangoooo12

Would you mind telling me which string and tension u have? And current rackets ? Thanks

6. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I use DZS and zf2, both 3U. Id say that dzs is very stiff, and nowhere near as head heavy as the chart suggests. The zf2 is actually easier to use because of the thinner shaft and heavier head.

7. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    cant use anyother racket after dzs. it sucks, because dzs is so much different and compact head makes it even more different. now i cant wield my 80etune.
    i have to use my thruster as a backup(large size head)

8. Stever7425

I am using bg80P at the moment, on my li-ning n9ii 25 mains 27 crosses.. my arc11 just bg80 26lbs straight.. I no longer own the zf2 or the dzs..

9. Mangoooo12

So you're saying after playing with the dzs you can't go back to any other racket?

10. Pedro Moio Patrício

Does anybody knows how stiff duora 88 is?

11. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

It's just not the same.. DZS is tough to get used to for a lot of people, but when you get the timing right it's just so nice, precise and plenty powerful.

12. Stever7425

Not sure if you're replying to me with your post,? "Its just not the same" as?? Beautiful racket the dzs and very precise, I just didn't enjoy it as much as my arc11, and found the zf2 more powerful, personal preference..

13. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    its difficult. i have a 2u zstrike. the only problems i have encountered are mishits in other rackets. it takes time for me to go to another racket, makes it difficult when i have to shift over to my auxillary tk8000

14. Nikeroshe

Nikeroshe Regular Member

That's interesting. I had the complete opposite experience found the arc11 horrible haha, I just couldn't click with it at all. I found the zf2 only exceeds the dzs in overhead power department, everything else like drives, defense, lifts, angle the dzs is better for me

15. jctai

jctai Regular Member

I have all three rackets (but different setup than yours) and I switch among them often because I jive with them well. DZS is the stiffest (9/10) among this 3 rackets while ZSP(7/10) is equal with N99(7/10). When I first started playing with DZS, it was very difficult to generate any sort of meaningful power from it. As I play more with it and with a lower tension (24lbs with Aerobite), it keeps getting better and better. Now it has replaced D7 as my favorite Duora. I think while there is definitely a learning curve, it is not overly difficult compared to the likes of MX80, AT900P, ZF1 etc. If you would like to avoid over stiffness of DZS, you could wait for the D8XP with the same sized frame and more flexible shaft. Btw, I'm using N99 with Kizuna z63 and it was really comfortable compared to my previous BG80 setup.

Mangoooo12 likes this.
  16. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

Same, the arc11 was way too whippy for me, and I couldn't easily powersmash with it. The zf2 is too slow for me. I don't hit off the sweet spot a lot, then the power is great, accuracy is amazing.
    I am now on GTone5 at 29lbs.

17. Stever7425

Yes I was speaking about overhead power.. I found the same with the arc11 better in every other department except power over head.. funny how everyone is different. Makes the game that much more interesting haha

18. Mangoooo12

I was planning to use 65ti. Any suggestion on what tension I should try it at so it would be easier getting used to? I strung the z speed on 65ti at 27 and probably dropped to around a steady 25 right now. Thanks for ur effort in ur reply !