Dubai & Sharjah - United Arab Emirates

Discussion in 'Middle East & South Asia' started by rpgazder, Jul 28, 2004.

1. abie88

abie88 Regular Member

2. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    UAE badminton tournament will be the biggest ever, hosts say

All ages and special needs children invited to compete this year
    • By K.R. Nayar, Senior Reporter
    • Published: 00:00 May 18, 2010
    • [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Bharat Chachara, General Manager India Club, Sunil Singh, Chairman India Club, Raman Nair of Western Union and AK Prakashan, Director of Sports of India Club, announce the staging of the UAE Open Badminton tournament.
    • Image Credit: Supplied
    Dubai: A record number of players are expected to compete in the India Club-Western Union UAE Open Badminton tournament which starts May 31 at the India Club badminton courts.
    India Club chairman Sunil Singh said: "We had 360 entries last year and a record 336 matches were held".
    "This year we may cross the 400 entries mark as we have added two more categories," he said.
    This badminton tournament is also one of the oldest in the UAE, having been held nearly every year since the early 80s.
    "In recent years we included some professionals to play in this tournament but we found that it turned out to be a discouragement for the players here to perform," Singh said.
    "The purpose of this tournament is to promote badminton in UAE and so we have restricted the event to UAE resident players only."
    The prize money of Dh50,000 has been earmarked for the tournament.
    Twenty-four categories for ages ranging from under 10 years to over 55 will be held with the final scheduled for June 18.
    The categories for girls and boys aged 10 to 12 have been very popular over the years, and was designed to encourage young competitors, he said.
    "As part of India Club's drive towards corporate social responsibility, we are planning to conduct matches under a separate pool for the special needs children and individuals," Singh said.
    "The categories will be based on the number of entries received. Invitations have been sent to various special needs institutes in Dubai.
    "We have got confirmations from SNF and Dubai Autism Centre. Last year we even hosted exhibition matches for this category," he said.
    All the matches will be played in the 21-point format in line with World Badminton Confederation rules, he said.
    Entry forms are available at the India Club Reception and also on the India Club website www.indiaclubdubai.com. Entries must be in by May 26.

3. pheanelofie

pheanelofie New Member

General Accountant
    Badminton court in sharjah or dubai

I am a filipina living in sharjah looking for a badminton court where i can play after work..and also playmates girls only for my past times and exercise also...please send me message through this email pheanelofienicholaine_101683@yahoo.com..:):):)

4. BadeeBuddy

BadeeBuddy New Member

Site Inspector
    Badminton Enthusiast

Calling all Badminton Enthusiast, if ur level A or B and interested to play on weekends in Dubai.
    Well I'm inviting u to join our group and have some fun.
    Call - 050-7090361
    (for KABAYANS only)

5. icoles

icoles New Member

IT Consultant
    Just bringing this thread back to life. I've just moved to Dubai and am looking to find a club or some players to play with regularly. I came from Vienna and was used to training & playing there 3 times a week. Now I'm losing the fight against the flab! Please help save me :D.

Please call on 050 541 6219 if you fancy a game and know somewhere to play.

I called those old numbers for JJ & Shiva at the English Speaking School but they no longer connect so it looks like that club may be dead which is a shame.

6. chie00

chie00 New Member

QA/QC Manager
    hi to everyone!

We have badminton court in Rashidiya near Metro.If you are living in Mirdiff,Deira,DSO and International City 15 minutes drive you can reach to the court.Usually we are playing Wednesday or Thursday. Any interested drop me a call to this number 0566800715.

7. choufesz

choufesz New Member

badminton coach
    there is professional player or no??
    any coach there??

8. rey138

rey138 Regular Member

busienssman
    im professional player have moved to dubai,, rega, anyone intrested to play plz call me,, still dont know how to travel... 0504409427-nuwan

9. ABDULRAFEEKKA

ABDULRAFEEKKA Regular Member

INVESTOR
    Shuttle Badminton Courts (4-courts) are available in Sharjah, Near National Paint R/A, Evening 7-10pm, please contact 050-5453776, 055-7209970.

10. ABDULRAFEEKKA

ABDULRAFEEKKA Regular Member

INVESTOR
    Shuttle Badminton Courts (4-courts) are available in Sharjah, Near National Paint R/A, Evening 7-10pm, please contact 050-5453776, 055-7209970.

11. EESS_safapark

EESS_safapark Regular Member

Service
    indoor badminton court

Hello RPG

Not sure if you have already managaed on .Since not logged in for a while into this site.We have indoor courts in Emirates english speaking club with a one time member shipment fee of AED 1500/- and monthly AED 275/- from 6.00pm to 9.00pm all days except Thursday .unlimited feather shuttle will be provided by the club.
    Get back if you need any assistance .

12. masam85

masam85 New Member

Consultant
    I am new in Dubai, looking for a court and some partners to play with. I consider myself of meduim skill. Would appreciate some guidance. masam85@yahoo.com

13. masam85

masam85 New Member

Consultant
  14. masam85

masam85 New Member

Consultant
    I am new in Dubai, looking for a court and some partners to play with. I consider myself of medium skill. Would appreciate some guidance. masam85@yahoo.com

15. ahmed786000

ahmed786000 New Member

Hi, I am interested in playing badminton near Mirdif. I am an amateur but use to play with friends regularly. Any clubs in the area?

16. A.MIR

A.MIR New Member

Engineering
    Contact Details for EESS

Hi There, I am keen in joining the club and will appreciate if someone could forward the contact details (email and/ or phone number) of the club organiser. Thanks, A.Mir

17. ahmed786000

ahmed786000 New Member

Club at Emirates English Speaking School

Hi, can you please send contact details as I would like to join...

Kind regards

Rehan

18. jaeson2002

jaeson2002 Regular Member

engineer
    Shuttlecocks, badminton Racket, Stringing Services, Badminton shoes, Apparels, Badminton accessories, training and equipment.

Description
    We are the first Victor sole distributor in GCC base in KSA Riyadh. We distribute all badminton related equipment to all GCC country.

Facebook Pages:
    https://www.facebook.com/victorsport.KSA

Expat Web Pages:
    http://www.expatriates.com/cls/21430629.html

You are always welcome to partnership with us as distributor in your region or we accept end user order with amazing low reasonable price.

Please email to wiibo.sports@gmail.com for more details.

19. hctan38

hctan38 Regular Member

Freelance
    In view of the limited sport facilities for certain sports, we would like to know whether badminton, tennis and basketball are all time favorite sports, please kindly complete a simple survey below:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CSLSHL2

Your completed survey will help us design what kind of sport halls to be built soon.
    Thank you

20. alex thomas

alex thomas New Member

Hi,

I am Alex interested to start playing it again. i live near karama, any one know if there is any courts nearby? i would love to start playing badminton and table tennis.