DRAW of ALL ENGLAND SS Premier 2012

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012' started by CLELY, Feb 21, 2012.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Oops miss your:D So what is your prediction, if any;)

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

It's a tough ask but I would love to see Rat come out of this quarter. Lots of tough, physical matches here so whoever comes out will be a little beaten up.

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Still thinking. Trying to go into the (master)mind of LYB :D

4. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Nevertheless, for Chinese XD pairs, i am not sure they are mentally strong enough to focus and play consistently in big events . It's 50-50 match for this tie because British pair can play well in one match and later screw up in the following. I don't expect them to win the title anyway but upset-wise they can pull one or two stunts if luck favours them

They might screw up like this He Hanbin. Whoever partners him wont do very well in big events.

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

We've seen that Adcock/Bankier can pull it off in a one-off situation. You're right, they don't have the consistency yet to plough through a whole tournament. Throw in an early round match when the CHN pair are still adjusting to the conditions and things become a little more favourable for the GB pair.

Re HHB, so you're saying it's the end of the line for cutie Bao Yixin? :crying:

6. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Bao Yixin should partner Chai Biao for Mixed Doubles ! He Hanbin, along with Xie Zhongbo were the harbinger of doom for China's XD.

None of them had achieved anything big since 2004. Took ZN/ZYL to reclaim the dominance for China but only just.

All England we will see a lot of orchestrated walkovers so bear in mind, the main priority for China to ensure Chen Jin gets more points than Peter Gade and other Chinese players to maintain their ranking position, and then focus on the winning the titles.

I mean Peter Gade should just give up and let Chen Jin grab that spot. His ongoing battle with Chen Jin is driving him on the edge of collapsing due to fatigue if he carries on like this. Chen Jin has all it takes to play as many matches as possible so he wont mind if he needs to play in three SS tournaments weeks in a row.

I would love to see WX win the AE to complete the "Wang" set like Wang yihan did in Malaysia last month though if she won it means she wont win the AE....the curse is too strong/disturbing to be ignored..:(

Maybe Saina Nehwal will win this time...damn she always had a comfortable/easy draw in every SSP

7. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Sorry typo - WX wont win the OG if she wins the AE T.T

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    CHN XD not mentally strong? They are in a class of their own, just their internal competition to represent CHN in XD is tougher than facing their opponents. They have to be mentally tough to survive and to beat their teammates, one setback and they are done, with another pair(s) waiting to replace them.

9. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    The top half is more beaten up. If WYH wins the AE12, she may have to face TB (no easy task) plus 3 of her teammates who train with her and know her playing style very well. Except for the first round, WYH path thereafter is the toughest of all, she has to prepare mentally and physically for each opponent who has the ability to knock her out.

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Play 3 of her teammates... tough? Ever heard of LYB? :cool:

11. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    I think everyone has completely kept Saina Nehwal out of contention...:confused:....She would have a hard quarterfinal against Li Xuerui which would be tough as she has a bad record against her...but if she wins it would be interesting semifinal with Xin Wang as both have 2-2 record in 2011...May be Saina Nehwal in contention :D

12. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Bao YX partnering Chai Biao--very very interesting choice!! I like it. Chai Biao is much better than He HB. But if Chai B were to partner with Bao, who will partner with Guo ZD?

Actually, I think Chai B with Tian Q would also be worth thinking about. TianQ did well with whoever she partnered with.

13. olympic

olympic Regular Member

#33 olympic, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  14. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Dude, if WYH meets WSX/JYJ and then WX, it would be SF and F respectively, that would be no fixing:cool:

15. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I heard Hau-ge said someone from top management in BAC have told LYB not to over do the 'match fixing' already.....??? :D :D :D

16. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

I would love to see any Indonesians make breakthru in this AE...but looking at the draw that's nonsense..

Yes ZN/ZYL might wish they can eluded 1rd nightmare vs Adcock/Bankier....

17. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

I wouldnt hope on that... LYB is master at it and he'll do over and over again...big time

18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    As far as I can remember, LYB's boss, Liu Fengyan, was elected to BWF Council as Vice President - Asia a few months ago.

Liu said there will not be any match fixing from now on. But I don't know whether he said the above before or after his election.

19. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Alright, let's look at your original quote:

"The top half is more beaten up. If WYH wins the AE12, she may have to face TB (no easy task) plus 3 of her teammates who train with her and know her playing style very well. Except for the first round, WYH path thereafter is the toughest of all, she has to prepare mentally and physically for each opponent who has the ability to knock her out."

WYH:
    R1 - v Pai (TPE) - yawn!
    R2 - v Liu Xin - someone's gonna roll over, guess who? :cool:
    QF - v Tine - the only "tough" match
    SF - v the Shrieker or JYJ - please... :cool:
    F - v WX (if WX gets there)

So tell me how do you know there will be no match fixing. Are you LYB? ;)

WX on the other hand:
    R1 - v SJH (KOR)
    R2 - v Rat (THA)
    QF - v Schenk /BYJ
    SF v Saina
    F v WYH

WX has no protection and has to fight off all the alligators in her half. Tell me who's gonna be more beat up by the final.

20. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    If this is a WC, AG or OLY, of course LYB will fix it if he has the option to do it. That is a dumb question, of course none of us is LYB, I am not, are you;)
    For AE WS, I don't think he will do it since the 3 Wangs are qualified for OLY. For MS, because CJ needs the points, that is a different story.
    I said all the above players in either halves are very good players. WX plays well against non CHN players. But still, I say the players in the top half that WYH probably meets are tougher and can beat her.
    We just have to wait till AE starts to find out;)