Dongguan/Guangzhou/Hong Kong area...

Discussion in 'China / Hong Kong' started by Stallion, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Stallion

Stallion New Member

Hey guys I live in Dongguan, I've been living here for over 6 years now. I used to play international tournaments independently (I had my own coach and sponsorship and I lived in China so joining my national team wasn't really an option but I was and still am that level of player). I am looking for a training partner in Dongguan, I have a training partner here but we've been training together for years and I'd like to meet some new people.

As for Guangzhou and Hong Kong I am more interested in individual tournaments (I play singles) of any professional level. I will be moving back to my home country soon, I would like to get some local matches in before I move back home. Sometimes my Chinese friends sign me up for tournaments but it's always team events where we lose 2-1 or 2-3. Good players come, I played a Malaysian national team players and a Guangzhou team player, but it's usually in a team setting, I'm sure Guangzhou has local events I just can't find them.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    In HK, most tournaments for individuals to enter are organised by the HK badminton association or the LCSD (leisure and cultural services department... Or something like that) . These two receive government money for community competitions and thus a competitor needs to be registered with HKBA using a HK Identity Card.

Other independently organised competitions for individuals to enter are much rarer. It is more common to to have team events.

3. J DHARANIRAJAN

J DHARANIRAJAN New Member

4. J DHARANIRAJAN

J DHARANIRAJAN New Member

Hi, Can you please guide me with a professional coaching academy in China, this is for my Son who is 17 years and
    been training for 5 year in India. I am trying to put on an International Session to raise his playing skills.
    Please assist if you can.