Does Fransisca Haris have potential to be the next Susi Susanti?

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2005' started by apontoh, May 16, 2005.

1. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    Me too.

If they are sent to the 'Grand Slam', maybe they will be defeated in the first round, or maybe in qualication round. Mentality, it si not good for them.
    But if they are defeated in QF, SF or may FN in satelite or 2-3 star tournements, their self confidence will grouw up.
    In satelite or 2-3 stars, at least they get a chance to go to the further round.

2. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

I didn't see any progress in INA WS since Hendrawan took it. One winning only Fransisca bt Camilla Sorensen 3-11 11-8 11-2, but who Sorensen ? and she played under pressure, DEN left 0-2. I thaught Tine Rasmussen could win easily if she played.

Others results lost to Wang Chen (8-11 3-11), Xie Xing Fang (5-11 0-11) and the worst Firdasari lost 7-11 11-6 11-13 to SWE WS.

I prefer to see Fransisca in 2003 when she lost to Dai Yun in QF Asian Badminton Championships. And that time Silvi beat Jun Jae Youn also Maria & Firda played well too. I'm agree that Maria Performance in Sudirman 2003 much better than Fransisca done in Beijing. She beat Julia Mann maybe in 11-9 11-4 and lost to Zhou Mi 8-11 8-11 but too much WS coach replacement in PBSI and the coach has decision whose player to be choosen not with competition selection like in 2003.

3. satriani

satriani New Member

agree

I really agree with them. Nana is a great player, has a good spirit and willingness.I believe that not so long she will be one of the best player in the world

4. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Not likely

I would say it is almost impossible for her to become the next Susi. If you watch
    games like Susi - Li Lingwei in 89, Susi - Huang Hua in 90, you will find that even at
    the age of 18, she already has top skills ( her cross-court net drop is amazing! ) and
    decent power. Also, Susi's leg/waist powers are amazing. She can recover from very
    tough shots easily and without loss of balance. IMHO, Zhang Ning and Xie Xingfang
    are not as powerful as young Ye Zhaoying yet and I believe Susi can beat them if
    she is 10 years younger.

My prediction: if Haris work really hard, she can reach top 10. But nowhere near the
    levels of Susi, or Audina.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    sorry to be down on INA new crop but F. Hari still weak in some basics to be even being close to susi s. or other great WS. My view is that F. Hari is TWO level below the current top ten and as high as 2.5 level below the legends.

6. BTC2004

BTC2004 Regular Member

Fransisca will get an "A" for determination and probably a "B" for skill level currently. She is young and will improve, maybe get to the top 10.

The crowd and the BIAS cheering is actually quite intimidating for any young player, but I guess this is normal. I was one of the crowd watching the game, actually right beside the China organized cheering section. Besides, playing the chinese girls is never easy and they also have quite a hight advantage over Fransisca.
    Having been there during the actual play, I take my hat off to Fransisca. With great coaching, and her determination, she will excel. Good luck to her.

7. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Finally got the Sudriman Cup DVD from Han and able to watch Hari play. Susi is famous on her footwork. Her movement was so smooth and effortless. Hari has a long way to catch her up. I also watch the 17 years old Susi played the legend Li Ling Wei in an AE final. They both lost to the #1 player in the world. But in the AE final, Susi was able to create shots that surprised Li from time to time and showed potential that she was capable of beating Li. But Hari was on the defense most of the time against Zhang Ning and Xie XF. I don't see any chance she can beat Zhang and Xie.

8. barbara

barbara Regular Member

just asking....my friend tell me francisca is Taufik's sister...is it true??

9. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

well well well...

francisca.... way to go.. lack of skills, championship mentality, SC.

according to the present result, i think PBSI has done the rite thing in improving the WS quality... further they also done a great thing with do some qualification in indonesia. the search till the roots of indonesia, watch every single head in every town... organize more local competition, and hard training for the present WS in training centre.

but waiting 2 or 3 years is not easy.... should we see china domination till the olimpyc?
    i'm personaly would like to see any destroyer of the great wall.... :D it's not important where they from and how old is she... just make this world unpredictable is much better to see..hehhehehe....