Do APACS fakes exist?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by gumpy_999, Oct 29, 2008.

1. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Say for every 1 fake yonex that is bought 100 fake apacs are bought then the profit margin for apacs will be higher. However, i doubt this is the case.

2. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

profit of course .....

take Indonesia market as example ...
    APACS just came on July this year and got sole distributor around October 2008. When my friend did penetrating on APACS, many people recommended it simply because the price is really damn cheap and can take high tension and the quality is good as well.
    So many ppl start to make a fake of APACS and sold it just a bit lower then original APACS .....

the production cost for racquet is very cheap, just that brand owner set the standard price as compensation for they expenses e.g. sponsoring tournament, etc., so selling price is very high.

3. klc28

klc28 Regular Member

I can make 1000 Yonex and sell for GBP22 or 1000 Apacs and sell for GBP22. They all cost me GBP1 to make. Obviously, the profit is the same.
    The question is, which brand can I sell most quickly to the widest customer base. I would say Yonex....

Therefore, all things being equal, why would you make a fake Apacs?

Even if I did, why I would make a fake Apacs but not Ashaway, Sotx, Head etc?

4. markache@hotmai

markache@hotmai Regular Member

Fiber glass ?

Are this material really used in rackets products ? I will ask my source.

No office to anyone or any brand ...just curious..

5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    People who sell fakes would tend to put the price higher than other fake rackets.

6. klc28

klc28 Regular Member

I am not sure I understand your line of thought, or that of maa2003, or am I losing the plot (a distinct possibility!) :p

The GBP22 is an example of a real delivered, Buy-it-now price on Ebay which I saw when I wrote my earlier post.

If you mean that fakers would tend to sell the same fake NS7700 at GBP80 (so as not to be too obvious) then fine. Thats is why there are so many Yonex Nano, Arc, Arm, fakes. The largest margins are there.

No fake Yonex ISO23 though, because it makes no economic sense to paint the same bare racket with the colour scheme of a lower range racket thus limiting your margins. Remember, it all costs the same to make the Apacs or the Yonex fake (or as near as damnit).

Now looking at APACS, they don't even have a genuine racket which sells for GBP80. So why would someone, as the dealers would have us believe, make a fake Apacs when. just as easily, they could make a fake Yonex. A fake Yonex which would be easier to sell than a clone brand, and have a larger margin.

I can only think of one reason......cue X files music...

7. markache@hotmai

Got the answer now ,for rackets ,the fiber glass are not as good as carbon.

8. surge

surge Regular Member

the last time i was in guang zhou, past by a shop that does stickers. there is a set of yonex hologram stickers on display and they claimed to be able to make anykind of hologram stickers. pt is, these stickers arent foolproof as well

9. markache@hotmai

I think hologram sticker can not be faked, or else it should not be called hologram graphics.
    The problem is that most of us are not patient enough to study the sticker carefully ,because the size is very small.

10. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    The hologram sticker can be copied quite easily so eventually fakers will copy it.

11. markache@hotmai

unless you got the original picture before making hologram sticker ...

12. klc28

klc28 Regular Member

A hologram was one of the first things to be faked after they were introduced on credit cards years ago. It's just a matter of cost (a few cents/pence more) as to how much detail is replicated. If someone can make something, someone else will be able to fake it.

Chinese industry has proven that it is very adept at faking almost anything from the funny (raw eggs) to the despicable (milk powder), to the deadly (medicine).

As a kid, I used to laugh when my Dad said there were such things as fake Po Chai pills, or soya sauce. I don't laugh anymore.

13. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    It's unfair to blame China for all fakes.

It's true that China is the base for a lot of physical fakery.
    And the West has proven itself to be ahead in electronic fakery.

So, which is worse? :rolleyes:
    Spurious goods or e-scams?

Cheating and counterfeiting are global phenomena.
    It's just that some areas are better at checking it :)

14. klc28

klc28 Regular Member

Oh, I do not disagree with you.

15. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    The only reason why fake rackets are mostly made in China is that it's cheaper to produce them there because of cheap labour

16. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    wanted to revive this thread again...

racquet_sports on eBay malaysia seems to be able to come out with these 'deals'. you can get a Impact Woods N90 with an Apacs Nano 900 Power/Nano9900/Edgesaber 10 for only USD 66! Thats only USD 6 more than if you just get the N90 alone.

Anyone have an idea whether these deals are too good to be true? Could the rackets be fake?

17. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    You'll notice that the seller you're talking about has an awful lot of rackets on eBay. As such, I think we can deduce that he buys in bulk and as such, gets a healthy discount when he purchases stock. I would imagine this means he can just squeeze a profit out of selling those package deals. I don't there's any need to worry about getting a fake racket from him.

18. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    the thing is, his prices are so much cheaper than freelance sellers as well as retailers in Malaysia which makes it very very suspicious. anybody bought this 2 racket combo from him before?

19. Mysteryimpt

Mysteryimpt Regular Member

Student/Part-time Engineer
    Yeah I am looking at his items as well and I am waiting a confirmation from you so I can go ahead and buy 2. But then I would rather hear a yes from you experts before I go ahead invest my money. How is the Ebay badmintonbay seller:confused:?

I am also looking for a very light apacs racket...anyone has any suggestion please:D?

20. nickspeed9900

nickspeed9900 Regular Member

RJCAF
    I've seen Apacs Edgesabre Z (spark or slayer i can't remember), buy one free one... The price is about $140.00. It's 100% fake. Think... If Apacs is so good in badminton racket, there is absolute no need to do the cloning (including the paint job).