DJARUM INDONESIA SUPER SERIES 2010 - Finals - June 27

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open / Thailand Open 2010' started by kuwichert, Jun 26, 2010.

1. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Both the players played for 3 days. The fifth set lasted for 2 days. See this

http://www.ndchronicle.com/news/Longest_tennis_match_in_Wimbledon_history_1277642374/

Talking about a tennis player fitness and mental strength, check this out:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/te...match-turns-into-shortest-for-John-Isner.html

turned out that John Isner played the shortest match in the second round. "Wow", what stamina and mental fitness a tennis player has as claimed by some "expert" who obviously know what's the difference between competitive badminton and tennis. Perhaps he should start playing tournaments(in both tennis and badminton) before he chipped in his naive opinion so that he won't act like an idiot next time.

#201 lcleing, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Wow lcleing, I didnt know you're also tennis fan(obviously I'm not), I just saw in the news about the 11 hr thingy.

Anyway, congrats to all INA SS winners. I was supporting the underdogs but they lost(Hendra/Anastasia).
    Next up, Msia GP Gold

3. MelvIndonesia

MelvIndonesia Regular Member

Student
    I saw the FINAL MATCH LIVE in Istora
    And the 1st set of Taufik vs Lee match was very very amazing!
    What a world class match!
    And the INDONESIAN SUPPORTERS WERE VERY CROWDED!!!!!!!VERY LOVE IT!
    Because it's my first time watching badminton matches LIVE!

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Correct, naistav! :) The organizers of the sport in tennis are just better at making tennis a much more popular worldwide sport than badminton (for now...) In INA, badminton is waaayyyy more popular than tennis... :) By farrrrr.....

5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Please keep going to badminton matches..... This sport needs many more loyal fans! :D

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yes.. a world class match. This event has improved leaps and bounds. Organizing Committee and the Sponsors did a great Job in making this event a success.

7. MelvIndonesia

Student
    Of course!
    Next year i'll come again in 2011 PREMIERE SUPER SERIES...haha...

8. Madi Muktiyono

Madi Muktiyono New Member

student
    bad result in indonesia open 2010

9. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

I know...success in event organizer....but no success in winner lists.......T_T

10. MelvIndonesia

Student
    Bad result for INA,
    but very very very very BAD for INA's Pelatnas...

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    if compare last year with this year?

12. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

It get worst and worst.....without Chn....their chance should've been higher....

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..really??..then i think you need to do a bit more research on those tourneys..:cool:
    ..Saina's biggest hurdle during the S'pore Open was against Lu Lan..I think she really prepared well for these 3 tourneys after the UC ended & she did take advantage of the absence of a few top WS players (yes, most from CHN)..

How did Taufik play like a "possessed man" in the Semis where he needed over 1 hr (one of the longest matches) and 3 games to win??..

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Chong Wei overcomes Taufik and linesmen to retain title

By RAJES PAUL

PETALING JAYA: World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei overcame two enemies – the linesmen and a charged up old-timer Taufik Hidayat in the first game – to emerge as the Indonesian Open badminton champion for a third time.
    He survived a strong onslaught from Taufik in the opening game before bulldozing the spent force Indonesian 21-19, 21-8 in a 37-minute final at the Istora Senayan in Jakarta.
    Chong Wei had to step up a gear half way through the first game when Taufik staged a strong comeback from 10-15. The Indonesian managed to level at 19-19 but a faster and more determined Chong Wei lived up to his top billing to pull through.
    Chong Wei also had to deal with appalling line call and he was robbed of points twice. He kept his composure and went on to claim the title to make a quick redemption after losing to Sony Dwi Kuncoro in the quarter-finals of the Singapore Open last week.
    En route to the title, Chong Wei defeated past, present and future stars of the Indonesian team in a single tournament.
    Chong Wei prevented Taufik from winning a record seventh home title and to avenge a defeat he suffered last year in the final. He also outclassed Sony in the semi-final and knocked out youngster Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka in the first round.
    The All-England champion was happy to make a tournament-winning comeback, especially after his demoralizing defeat by China’s Lin Dan in a Thomas Cup semi-final tie in Bukit Jalil last month.
    “That defeat took a lot out of me. It was not easy to come back to top again after a defeat like that. On top of that, I was nursing a foot injury,” said Chong Wei in a telephone interview from Jakarta.
    “I was not in the best form when I competed in the Singapore Open. I was struggling in every match and eventually lost to Sony.
    “But here, I found my touches and confidence again. I am happy to regain the confidence of my fans too.”
    “I knew that it would not be easy against Taufik on his home ground. I wanted to retain the title so badly and I am pleased that I have accomplished my job.”
    Chong Wei’s next assignment is the Malaysian Grand Prix Gold in Johor Baru from July 6-11 but he is unsure of his participation.
    “I am in a catch 22 situation. I want to take part because it is a home tournament and I want to give my home fans a treat. But at the same time, I am also taking a risk by competing in too many tournaments,” he said.
    ”I have three more major tournaments – world championships (Paris, August), Commonwealth Games (New Delhi, October) and Asian Games (Guangzhou, November). They are my priorities. I will discuss it with my coach (Misbun Sidek).”
    In the women’s singles, India’s Saina Nehwal continued to make waves on the international circuit. She beat Japan’s Sayaka Sato 21-19, 13-21, 21-11 to win a third consecutive Open title in three week after the successes in her home tournament and in Singapore.

15. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    No such thing ..... Taufik only needed 2 games and practically owned NTM. I blame NTM for not showing enough initiative, he was more like waiting for Taufik's first move.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

:p..i got mixed up with Krisna mentioning abt Taufik playing like a "possessed man" (in the QF Rd. vs. Simon)..NTM vs. TH, imo, is gonna be 40-60 or 45-55 for TH. Last time both played each other (TC Asia preliminary) , Taufik steamrolled NTM..