Djarum Indonesia Open Super Series Premier 2013 - Day 6: Semifinal (15th June)

Discussion in 'Thailand / Indonesia / Singapore Open 2013' started by miksss, Jun 14, 2013.

1. miksss

miksss Regular Member

2. miksss

miksss Regular Member

yes.. only 1 court for SF. so "the crowd" can focus on "the match" :D:D

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    The real competition starts at 2.30pm not 12.00noon
    Before that, everyone can have a good lunch.

4. dmadheswaran

dmadheswaran Regular Member

all the Chinese are up against each other in SF. quite surprised as it hardly ever happens. they usually play off only in finals and manage to avoid each other up until then.

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    So CHN is guaranteed of a finalist in XD while the organizers can present the trophy for WD to CHN tomorrow.

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    So funny that they put the KOR vs KOR MD last.
    They should instead put a INA representative for the last match to keep the crowd from leaving early.

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Will LCW or MZ prevent an all INA final in MS?
    I think there will be at least non-INA representative.

8. fd16n

fd16n Regular Member

I think you forget LYD factor there + the last match wont be televised by trans 7 who gets match 3-7

9. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    I definetely sure that the spectator will sit until the last match especially all the girls just to watch and scream at LYD alone :p
    Beside the the fans who attend at the arena also love to watch foreign shuttlers, they've paid for it. I remember in last year edition final, INA representatives played in the last two match but many of the spectators already there in the arena since the beginning match between 2 CHN WD and they all cherre for them. On this one I think INA spectators are better than any others baddy major asian countries (CHN, MAS, KOR).

10. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Dionysius Hayom Rambuka and Tommy Sugiarto were all fired up by the vociferous Indonesian crowd to land their first semi-final appearance in a premiere super series tournament.

Du Pengyu seeded 3 was just blown away in the rubber where he played like a novice. With his loss, the Chinese will have no representation in the men’s singles in the semis which is rare.

The Chinese MD pair of CY/FHF (S5) were also easily beaten by MA/HS who will next play against the unseeded Russians VI/IS who dispatched off MB/CM (S1) in the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] round.

#10 skchen, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  11. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Am I right that bw.tv skips the WD and then shows the other 8 machtes?! (before the schedule on ts was available bw.tv got their schedule since Thursday)
    Will be a interesting day ;) Good to see all matches live or in replay (expect the all CHN WD, who cares :pp)

12. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

yep all CHN WD SF are so boring :p

13. sen

sen Regular Member

Will any of the 8 players withdrawing ? To help Zhao Yunlei

Du PY lost all 3 matches against Hayom. I wonder why he could not learn from his past experience to beat Hayom.

14. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

the only ideal department : no doubt for XD FANTASTIC FOUR :D :D

15. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Sometimes if someone's gameplay just outclass you or doesn't suit you, you cannot utilize anything you've learned from the past... I think if I play Lin Dan 10 times, I will lose 0-10 and I won't be able to do better in the 7th match compared to my 3rd match against Lin Dan... :p

16. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    INA Open organizers made a deal with BWF that INA can show all INA matches for INA TV live-broadcast (usually 4 to 5 matches), but then keep the camera crew going for another few matches. The total shall be 8 matches covered per day. And yes, for today's SF purposes, we shall skip the 2 WD SF by the 4 Chinese pairs........ :p They probably have figured out the best way to match-fix this 'favorable' situation... hehehehe... They still need some 'good seedings' for the 2013 World Championships.

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yup, over here Astro only start broadcasting the 3rd match and should end after the 8th match.

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MS SF
    Lee Chong Wei
    [1] vs Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka - seriously, Hayom performs well this well and this is his first major SF. I hope he can continue his good performance in the next tourney and we shall see if he can stretch LCW.

Marc Zweibler vs Tommy Sugiarto - Tommy also shows encouraging performance and he has the chance to make it to his first SS Final. The last time they met in the Korea SSP 2013, Tommy lost in 3-sets. So, time for another revenge.

MD SF
    Vladimir Ivanov/Ivan Sozonov vs Hendra Setiawan/Mohd Ahsan - Hendra/Ahsan need to be very careful today to avoid getting smashed out of the match by the lanky Russians. I hope they can win another SS title this week.

XD SF
    Joachim Fischer-Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen [4] vs Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir [2] - the match of the day and both Owi and Butet need to be very sharp to beat the Danes. Again, the last time they met in the Korea SSP, Owi/Butet lost in 2 tight-sets. I hope Owi/Butet can add the INA SSP title to the SS titles they have so far (AE, India, and Singapore).

19. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Yup, that's right. It's hilarious. Let's get the practice matches out of the way before the real action begins :D

20. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

For XD JF/CP vs TA/LN, I feel JF/CP has an edge over the Indo. The last 2 time they met, JF/CP won in 2 straight sets. However, if the Indo do overcome the Dens, then I suspect the other SF winner (played at a later time) "may" be won by ZN/ZYL who has a better record against the Indo lately. ;)