Djarum Indonesia Open Super Series Premier 2013 - Day 4: Round 16 (13th June)

Discussion in 'Thailand / Indonesia / Singapore Open 2013' started by miksss, Jun 12, 2013.

1. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Chen Long is a he not a she.

2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

It is now or never time for Tommy to rise up and win a SS title and it is a premier one and it is in home country. Be a mad man, take no prisoner, excuse attitude and play all-out against LCW in the final.

3. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

I guess rahuldarga mean WYH with his post. CL is not OG silver medallist.

4. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

Tommy, prok prok prok.
    Tommy, prok prok prok.

I was so surprised that he can beat Chen Long( one of the players who can beat LCW quite consistently).

5. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT

Well its just food for thought you know... to spice things up ;) I feel Jackie's reasoning is sound but it doesn't mean that it has to be true, which is why I explicitly used the word speculation. We will never find if it was in fact true coz as no player or association will accept to indulging in something like this let alone the Chinese.
    Coming to CBA bosses' brain joke, it was an intended sarcastic pun as everyone here in BC thinks of him as someone with godly powers :D For me, he is just an highly overrated whimsical old man who happens to be badminton's best tactician. I could care less for him other than acknowledging his tactical prowess.

#265 rahuldarga, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  6. rahuldarga

IT
    But the question is would he be able to sustain? Look at Simon, he won the previous edition but has since faded away. In the current crop of players I dont see anyone whose equivalent to the big 4 (TH, LD, LCW and PG). They come and go. I wish and hope that he proves me wrong though.

#266 rahuldarga, Jun 13, 2013
  7. rahuldarga

IT
    True that!

Thanks for clarifying on my behalf @bad's fan

#267 rahuldarga, Jun 13, 2013
  8. ting_ht

ting_ht Regular Member

Chinese team is preparing for the WC in August and I believe the similar situation happened in 2012 just before the London Olympics. We may recall that LD lost to someone very low ranking (played badly) in Thailand open in June 2012 but what we now know it is totally different story in London less than two months later. China only cares about the big titles like OG/AG/WC/AE/TC/UC/SC. I bet we will see the other faces of CL and LXL/QZH in GuangZhou this year. I am sure that LCW and other players will feel the same.

As for this SS, they have to avoid paying fines and keep the players need to be away (hiding their forms) from the competitors but in a way that do not upset the host nation and BWF. That is why we still see DPY, LXR , FHF/CY, and some WD and XD pairs playing to 90% of their abilities.

Also, they need to bring up the younger generation players like WZM and CB/HW. They will play in Singapore open as well.

9. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

I love it to see 8 different countries of WS player in QF!! just like AE :D :D

hope this is also happen in WC.. though its hard coz I feel China team would show their true face x_X

10. rahuldarga

IT
    Good for them!
    Let them bring their A game. Coz I want to see other countries beating them when they are fully prepared.

11. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I am certain the CHN squad prepared carefully for the sudirman cup, which is as important as the WC in the team's eyes. And indeed we have seen how well CL performed there. That was not long ago... So CL's form at this IND SS.
    I do not see any reason why CL would have receive instruction not to perform.
    For me this is just normal for a player to mis-perform from time to time, specially after the emotions of the Sudirman cup where CL played all MS and did very well for the country. Only LCW had the strange habit of never unperformed before this year!

12. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Do you know that in a lot of sports like golf, tennis they specifically train to peak at different events through the year because the schedule is so full they can't possibly peak every time. China association are clever they will for sure be doing this technique.
    You talk about LCW and how he never underperform that is true but that left him open to not peak at the correct events hence no majors.

13. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    For those who play "They lost because they wanted to hide their 100% form until WC" card, d'ya think other countries' athletes & coaches are too stup-, er, naive not to realize that?

14. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    Lin Dan might not care but You mean to say a CL, WSX or WYH doesnt care about losing to YPY? They dont care if its not Team Cup, OG or WC? may be China Open but then in CHN open too how do you explain their loss?
    I see it as an absurd logic when they lose an AE and somebody says hey you know what they lost because they didnt considered it important.... And how about a Lin Dan losing in Olympics against an unheard player Ronald Susilo? even when he was the Top player from bwf chart err he over prepared or was nervous???
    Come'On running away from the hard facts by giving pale excuses is the first line of defense for many....
    You know what I drank a big glass of water hence couldnt play well :)

15. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    i dont think any player wants to miss/lose this tournament, coz
    Indonesia open is the second tournament who has a big prize after Korea Open ($1.000.000), the total is $700.000, and also The WC has become a reguler tournament :), less prestige than the old WC :)

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Still more prestigious than the INA Open ;) China sure seems to deem all WC events very important (including the team events)...much more so than any other tournament, except the OG of course :)

Anyhow, personally I don't think any Chinese players had team orders to lose. I think they're just not in top form atm, but surely they'll be at their fittest for the WC.

17. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    totally wrong. Even in Korea open that you mentioned above, CL, WYH and LXR retired in the 1st round.
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...788D62-ABA6-4150-B826-14398518D729&d=20130109

WC still more prestigious than any other SSP

#277 Fortune, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  18. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    In my mind , this makes LCW even more impressive. Okay, so he's not the big event player that LD is, but his support for Badminton as a whole and the Super Series is unwavering. He plays his heart out in every tournament, and is not a propaganda pawn for anyone.

Much love for LCW.

19. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Wrt badminton sport I believe it's more a matter of priorities and objectives... every one or every party may set his or its own differently... :D

And please don't ignore the lucrative money prizes for the champs! It's factual that LCW is well rewarded in his life :D

Btw the pawn is found in the other mind sports: chess or similar tactical games (in Chinese chess or xiangqi as well); the pawn won't be found in this sport! Meanwhile the propaganda can be found in daily political realm, incl. in the daily news we are fed through the printed & online newspapers and in the news TV stations!

Hint: if one checks carefully, he or she will notice that the news that appears in many newspapers or TV networks is sourced/distributed/disseminated mostly from just few names only, the same sources over and over, and these overwhelmingly dominant giant corporate news agencies are shaping the public opinion and painting the many 'realities' through the daily intake :p don't be misled, they're the true propaganda in real life!

#279 kelana, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  20. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    George Orwell called. He wants to write a book about you.