Djarum Indonesia Open Super Series Premier 2013 - Day 2: Round 32 (11th June)

Discussion in 'Thailand / Indonesia / Singapore Open 2013' started by miksss, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well said, rahuldarga, I share your sentiment.

@Anatta , no worries. Your news/info on any of the Thai players, not just Intanon, is always appreciated. It's up to the readers to take it, what to make of it,whether to give the benefit of the doubt,nothing personal about it though it reflects on the readers attitudes and standpoints based on their views and responses.

I, for one, fully accept and respect her decision to take a break after the SCG Thai Open, whether due to injuries (if any) or simply tiredness. I'm sure she and her coach know and do what is best for her as a professional player representing her country. Lucky thing she's not Lin Dan or she would be jumped on by those petty,hypocritical,prejudiced,narrow-minded critics who are ever so quick to avail themselves of the slightest pretext or excuse to fault him out of ill-will and spite.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Too bad I couldn't get to see the Wang Yihan - Yip Pui Yin match for lack of any working livestream earlier.

But I do recall YipPY being once quoted to have said about two years or so ago that she is striving to become a top 10 player within two years. Maybe her time has finally come, provided she's overcome her inconsistency problem, for I believe she does posses the skills and right attitude except for being too self-critical.

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    [MENTION=104918]Anatta[/MENTION] I agree with what others have mentioned; maybe you didn't just catch on to Loh's comment... :)

As for May's predicament, I believe she had some trouble coming in to the Sudirman Cup, and was then forced to make herself available for the final matches -which would have put more stress on her already weak condition. So I guess she was just "an accident waiting to happen". She really needs to rest -maybe even a little more than necessary, as that will allow her to come back more refreshed as well.

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I cannot agree enough with this!! LCS has been doing for the INA WS what her contemporary and one-time compatriot TXH did for the CHN MS. I hope she can eventually achieve the same results as well. I'm sure she will, if the "bosses" just continue to let her do her thing and give her unconditional support.

5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I am hoping LCS can help Ardriyanti Firdasari. She is not progressing, she is throwing her potential and she is lacking the toughness and fire I see in Linda and Aprilla.

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Well, the thing is, Firda isn't getting any younger, either. And she's got her own catalogue of injuries as well. It would be a little unrealistic to think she can climb the podium regularly, IMO. The smart thing to do would be to focus more energy on the younger players (18-21 years) and develop them...

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    What I like about this edition of the IO is that the schedule allows the girls some respite. Those who won their first main rounds, get an extra day to rest and recover -and not just from the hardships of the match, but also the noise and heat! :D

8. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT

I don't think its of any use fighting off the "petty,hypocritical,prejudiced,narrow-minded critics" taking pot-shots at your favorite player as both Lin Dan and Chinese Badminton, as a whole, have been a contentious issue because of the way they conduct themselves. You really can't help it as a die hard fan.

I used to hate how in badminton the players are spoon fed during matches and how the tournament draws are orchestrated by the teams exploiting the loopholes. Some call it tactics and some call it unfair. Its up to the individual how and what conclusions to draw from it. The reason I used to hate it is I follow tennis and I was used to the professional way of conducting a sport which is what I expected from badminton as well. And there are many like me here in BC. I think, its a bit unfair to compare Badminton with Tennis. Badminton has its own identity.

Now, I got used to the way badminton is conducted.

But I am unhappy with BWF for its double standards and I am also unhappy with Lin Dan the way he handled his career post-London games, that's my opinion. Here comes the grey areas as to who I should hate on, the CBA or LD. People will always hate on CBA and its players for reasons everyone knows. I hate CBA but not the players, 'coz I feel that Chinese players have been turned in to pawns, by the propagandists, in return for resources and a chance to play. Lin Dan, as an individual, has every right to choose what he wants to do for he has achieved everything there is to be achieved. And this stems his loss of motivation resulting in last minute withdrawals. For this same reason, CBA and BWF gives LD a lot of leeway and also because is a Star of Badminton.

In short, people will talk, infer and conclude in various ways. Don't let this affect you. :)

9. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT

Totally agreed! This edition is being well organised. Kudos! To the organizers.

10. chandler_k04

chandler_k04 Regular Member

hope every match can last at least 60 minutes...so i can go to istora later..after office hour....

11. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    and the world no. 1s are out!

12. Anatta

Anatta Regular Member

[MENTION=63277]rahuldarga[/MENTION], @Justin L , and @cobalt of Consolation Department,

Thank you for all your kind and wise words. Sorry for unnecessarily keeping you in Day 2 a bit too long. You all look like good guys and deemed fit the Dept. very well. :p

Thanks again! :)

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Hey! We're not consoling anyone! :p May is a total favourite and a very loved player around here, and we just want the best for her in her looooooooooooonnnng career! :D