Djarum INDONESIA Open SS Premier 2013 : Day 7 - FINAL (16th June 2013)

Discussion in 'Thailand / Indonesia / Singapore Open 2013' started by CLELY, Jun 15, 2013.

1. badadum

badadum Regular Member

How bout comparing with basketball then? Still need full concentration for free throw yet that's probably the moment where the opposing fans are at their "craziest", and within direct line of sight of the players as opposed to badminton. :confused:

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I like the Stanley Cup games. Its very much like old-school badminton.

The puck is smaller than a shuttlecock, flies faster, but can cause some very serious damage, unlike a shuttlecock.

The game is fast-paced and requires extreme hand-eye coordination, reflexes and injection of speed along with agility.

The spectators watch and applaud politely. The people in a few bars and homes across America that do watch the game, do so on super-large screens and raise their mugs at a particularly good play. Then they go back to their crossword.

The players themselves are very conscious of their own space, and apologize immediately on the rare occasion they touch an opponent by mistake. If a particular play is disputed, everyone stops, watches the replay and accepts the referee's decision, and everyone shakes hands at the end of the game.

Just like in badminton.

Which is also why the Stanley Cup is a very unpopular game.

3. badadum

badadum Regular Member

My sarcasm meter must be broke, or there's another alternate universe Stanley cup that I'm not privy of..... :p

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    But you see where I'm going with this.... ;)

5. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    too many things goes above, talking about the tournament this and that

http://www.djarumbadminton.com/djarum-indonesia-open/news/detail/read/ahsan-ini-rejeki-calon-anak/

Ahsan Said the prize will be for his child. his wife is currently pregnant.
    I didn't see the match, but good game Ahsan, and hope the prize will serve your kid well :)