Djarum INDONESIA Open SS Premier 2013 : Day 7 - FINAL (16th June 2013)

Discussion in 'Thailand / Indonesia / Singapore Open 2013' started by CLELY, Jun 15, 2013.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Also, the Koreans need a service judge with some actual balls. Not one of Ahsan's serves was even remotely legal. If he serves any higher, his opponents won't see his face behind his racket....no wonder he had some runs on his serve, I'd be more successful with mine as well if I served in a downward direction.
    Rest of the game, kudos to the INA pair. That was quite brilliant, exposing every weakness or opening on the Korean side and making next to no easy mistakes. Let's see if they can regularly produce this kind of form, if they can we're in for a couple exciting tournaments. Also gonna be interesting to see whether Ahsan's nerves hold up on the big occasion, the AE was a bad omen in that regard.

2. julianng

julianng Regular Member

wah laooo... ahsan/setiawan beat cai/fu and lee yong dae.... :eek:

totally unexpected....

wonder is this beginning of another kido/setiawan pair.... or just a one-tournament-shocker....

3. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    I defenitly aggree with you.
    Another aspect is that the INA pair was fired up from the beginning. Everything worked from the first point on. With this crowd (completly crazy, I love it, but if every tournament was like this it would be way too much imo) and this start you just cannot lose. LYD really struggled in the beginning. Both Koreans are pretty deep in defense and HS showed why he is gold and silver olympic champion (so cool at the net). In the second set after the towel break it was very even and i wonder what would ve happened if the INA pair had made 2-3 errors... Ahsan showed that he struggles with nerves (simular to KO), see AE or the SF against the Russians.
    All in all it was a perfect match by Ahsan/Setiawan. If they play this way (partly longer rallies than in other tournies) i like to watch them and they will move up in the ranking to top 5 or 3!
    Still the Koreans achieved a lot (more): they are already no.1 and since they are together only finals, winners and semifinalists.
    I hope they can add a bit of this fast moving forward as a pair (not only LYD) like Liu/Zihan or Ahsan/Setiawan. Then they surely will win the big things.

4. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    Couldn't agree more. Was watching thinking exactly the same.

5. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

Yep, me too.

They were all like this:
    MA - Serving 1.jpg

MA - Serving 2.jpg

He actually throws the shuttle upwards, so he makes contact slightly higher than what's shown in the stills.

6. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Congratulations to the winners!
    MA/HS and BYX/CS played unbelievably to beat their fancied opponents KSH/LYD (S2) and WXL/YY (S1) to clinch the MD and WD titles respectively.
    JS (S4) always plays her heart out in her matches and her match against LXR (S1) was a cracker.
    JFN/CP (S4) were no easy meat and it took ZY/ZYL (S3) over an hour to subdue them to win the XD title.

7. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

the height of service in the above pics is pretty normal for international standard, right?

8. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    Badminton Rule: The whole shuttle shall be below the server's waist at the instant of being hit by the server's racket. The waist shall be considered to be an imaginary line round the body, level with the lowest part of the server's bottom rib.

Thank God I had a look at the rule and got it there or else seeing current players serve I was cursing the University judges who warned me on my service and caused me the University championship 10 years back..... :)
    One warning and it becomes quite difficult for the player to come back...

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Not the first one - he's holding it somewhere around his solar plexus. That's high even by the muddy international standard. His arms are almost parallel to the ground!

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Yes, if the players have had ribs surgically removed or perhaps congenitally absent. ;)

That could actually be a a topic for a research study. All we need is some Xrays.

"Prospective cohort study of the lowest rib in international doubles players"

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    BWF should install X-ray machines at the court side!!! :D

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    One regular disturbing sight is that a number of players serve with the racket not pointing downwards but parallel or higher than the wrist when hitting the shuttle! And they got off Scott free!

The service judges seem to be afraid to call a service fault.

13. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    surely china can't dominates all sector in ina open especially with the crowd like that. but the domination by china WS is more than enough to give big slap to host ina :p. more big slap will coming soon, especially in WD :p

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah,just like the 5-1 against thailand
    welldone

15. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    can u give more explanation about this ?

16. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    title #10 by creating all china semifinal in WD. amazing :p. if all china sf happen in china open, then it is normal. but this time, they do it in their archrival home ground, indonesia open. the only one country to do it :p

#476 Fortune, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  17. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Even the most die hard rival fans have to give a thumbs up on for the atmosphere and crowd in Istora. You just won't get it anywhere else. And speaking of dissapointment, why is it a diasspointment for INA WS when no one expecting INA WS to reach QF(which Bella did)? It's more dissapointment for china's team when 2 of their top WS lost in the first round. :p

The WD result is to be expected considering the result for the past few years, but it sure didn't stop the Korean ladies to took 2 points from the WD a few years back to win the Uber cup. So anything is possible. :p

Like I said, everything has their moment in glory. INA fields a powerful MS contingent for most of the 90s, as well as superb MD pairings in the late 90s and 2000s. china's WS and WD are riding the very same thing right now.

18. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    The theory has been proven yet again. Regular attention w***e troll only appear after things cooled down. They don't have the balls to wreak havoc during the tournament itself :p

19. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    Just ignore them :p

20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yep.. This troller has the habit of appearing in the forum when a tournament finishes and making unnecessary ridiculous comments on the host country with his/her country's achievements . It happened even when Indian Open 2013 has finished.. He appeared from nowhere just to make some obscene comments on host country... Just ignore them or else inform to moderators.That's what i did.....:)