Disappointed with China's Players attitude, Salute Denmark and England players!

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by cindie, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Whether he quell his ego is his own business and choice. Fans are fans, not god. We do not dictate what players should do and how they should behave. If we do not like it, we can just simply do not support him or don't watch his games. Sometimes, we should realize that we are just forum users interested in badminton looking at the players from the outside and not develop the illusion that we are running the player's lives. You are at most just another member of the public who does not support a particular player that you do not like and that particular player may not even know that you exist. So whatever strong remarks you would have made.... so? :rolleyes:

We are here to appreciate badminton, not act as players' parents. We do not dictate what they do and they would not dictate what we do.

2. kurama

kurama Regular Member

this thread has 5 pages just now,why now only has 4 pages?

3. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    \

the admin, kwun has deleted them, my last night posts were gone :D, i 've writen too many offtopics here :D

4. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

thank godness, ur opinion is fair enough....

About the Gao Ling thing, I dunno...Maybe the time I've met her she was on specially good mood

#64 hara^kazuko, Jun 20, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  5. kurama

kurama Regular Member

my post that i posted just now was gone as well.

6. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Indeed. We are set on killing posts that serve no purpose but to continue this flame war. Your posts fit that description all too well.

7. Abby飘

Abby飘 Regular Member

I think GaoLing is a friendly person. Smiles are always on her face. She never refuse anybody except when she have a bad mood .

8. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Just bear in mind that players DO NOT owe us their autographs or pictures.

9. sshuang90

sshuang90 Regular Member

I wonder if there're fans like me. I'm just not interested in autograph and photo with players. I'll be happy only if players putting on a great game. And I don't like my favorate players being bothered by insensitive selfish fans. Once a poster saying he/she hates a player and hopes the player to lose just because autograph request got refused really shocked me. Shouldn't fans have some sporting attitude as well?

10. ken711129

ken711129 Regular Member

Then we DO NOT owe them any cheer or clapping ! your say doesnt make sense, dont u see ?

MS Final: Lin Dan walked into the stadium, head down, cold face (or his normal grumpy face). Peter Gade walked in, head up, waved at the fans, smiled. Wat a difference !

11. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

I find this discussion a bit weird. If you read through all the other previous tournaments threads, even the previous MO (2005, 2004), no one actually voiced their dissatisfactions about the Chinese players being rude. I am pretty sure that LD and the rests of the Chinese players were in the last MO. Why all of a sudden such a big mood changed? :confused:
    Must be the weather. ;) :p

12. sshuang90

sshuang90 Regular Member

You cheer and clap for autographs or pictures?

13. wwcbro

wwcbro Regular Member

Being a star badminton player comes with some territories...Yes, these include signing autographs and posing for photographs. YES, they do owe the public to sign autographs and pose for photos. BUT, of course, there only so many autographs thay can sign and so many photos ops they can give. That is when they can politely decline and that is that.
    IF these star badminton players feel that for whatever reasons, they are in a foul mood and that give them a right to be rude and not sign autographs or pose for photos.....then don't be a star badminton player...be a normal person playing marbles.

14. crosstrainer

crosstrainer Regular Member

IT consultant
    hehehehe... playing marbles. i can only imagine :D

i recall lin dan here in manila last year. he hardly smiled when people took pictures with him, not like the europeans who were all smiles then.

15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

The Chinese badminton system currently teaches players to play badminton, not how to handle themselves in public. You will probably see in years to come, players who are more polished in their interpersonal skills. Badminton China will realise that impressions their players make outside the courts are important too and is a reflection of them. So instead of practicing 8 hours (or whatever) a day, they will only train for 7, with 1 hour reserved for PR skills. And it's a good thing

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

U must be connected to the China Badminton body to say this. Or are you saying this as a joke ?

17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Haha, neither:D . Those who know me know I am the furthest thing from Badminton China but I may be a bit of a prankster ;)

I just think China Badminton is playing catch up in the area of preparing their players to handle themselves better for the media. I am hopeful they will eventually wisen up and teach these skills to their players. You have to realise most of their players have known nothing but badminton since they were put into the system. Badminton is an international game and as it grows, China's players will be scrutinized more and more by the media. If they are not ready to respond professionally, I'm afraid the media can infer (dare I say, manipulate?) things that can be quite damaging to China's image.

These are just my thoughts and it seems like the next logical step for Badminton China, if it's not already in the works.

18. indra

indra Regular Member

Agree!!!!

ANyway, playing marbles was my favorite game during my childhood:D

19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Hahaha, you could have fooled me with your prank.

20. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Actually, they train less than 7 hours and only 5 and a half days. In fact, if I didn't remember wrongly, the actual tough training moments are only about 3 hours while the other times are for other related stuff like maybe therapy, warm-ups, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.