Difference between Yonex BG 80 and BG 80 Power?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Sgt_Strider, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Decimator

Decimator Regular Member

@ucantseeme can you recommend any alternative which has a feel like BG 80 and is easy on plastics?

2. namcho

namcho New Member

Top corner --> mishit.

And since you are playing with plastic shuttles, I don't think BG 80 at 26 lbs is a good idea. I would say go with a more durable string, at lower tension if you want to save money.

3. Hans van Egteren

Hans van Egteren Regular Member

I play with BG-80 at 24lb and plastics. Havent had a snapped string yet after a half year playing. I really like this string.

4. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Yeah man definitely. Anything above 13lbs on plastic is stupid. How could someone even think of 26? 26 is insanely high. *Sweating profusely*

On a more serious note, no need for drastic changes. You keep hitting the top corner and everything but that hand woven steel wire will snap. Do one thing, instead of being the bull on court, show patience with each shot. Be like really patient with your hits. That one point doesn't matter. And heck, keep paying attention to your shots and your game will improve as well. Double benefit!

80 is actually not bad at all with durability. Go 65Ti if you really want to but 80 stays playable for so long that the tradeoff is hardly worth it.

- Regular Plastic Fella

5. Kingsley90

Kingsley90 Regular Member

Hi, anyone can give me an opinion on the durability between BG80 and BG66 UM?
    I used to play with BG66UM once and currently using the BG80. I really like BG80 alot ! It has high repulsion, good in control, quite a lot of colour to choose from, solid feel, nice sound. Just wondering will it lost it freshness very fast and break faster than BG66UM?

Any reply will be appreciated

6. Clayton_

Clayton_ New Member

The bg80 definitely lasts much longer than the bg66um that's for sure. In exchange I feel that the bg66um excels in its Repulsion power with medium feeling. In my opinion bg80 is much more worth it in the long run unless you do have lots of cash to spend on the strings, bg80 could last around a month? While 66um dries out after a week or two

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk