[Diary] My Arranged Marriage With The Adidas Wucht P8 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by speCulatius, Nov 9, 2019.

1. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Badminton is coming to a halt once more in Germany, at least for one month, but I assume it to be until next year. That's a great time for an update, because nothing will change any time soon.

I started to wonder why I always turned to the P8 over the P4 in competitions, while I didn't mind playing with the P4 casually. It was not the feedback. While the P8 does feel better, I can still feel what's happening on the strings with the P4 and that's enough.
    I guess it's the flex. Every now and then, when I'm really focused, I was wishing for a little bit more stiffness even in the P8, so the tiny bit of more flexibility of the P4 might be the reason. When thinking back to my my throughout test of the Babolat X-Feel Blast (a few years back), I did love it when focused, while it was punishing when not hitting perfectly clean, due to the T-Joint-Hinge. And that is a really stiff racket, probably the stiffest I've ever tried. Unfortunately, I cannot compare them directly, certainly not for the next two months, and I still don't know if Babolat ever fixed that issue with the twisting T. They did change the design of the racket every other year and the Satelite rackets show that they can make very stable rackets, but I just don't know.

That being said, other than the pink P8, I don't feel the urge to get a new racket at all!

Dave1011 and s_mair like this.