[Detailed Review] Victor Auraspeed 100X after 1 month

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Zoap San, May 4, 2022.

1. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

Actually I'm thinking of 3u because my power is lacking, currently I'm using a 4u 88d pro, but I feel like I'm haven't been utilizing the racket very well but I'm very interested with 100x.

In mens double I usually play the front and only plays the back on mixed doubles. So do you think 4u would be enough?

fufu27 likes this.
  2. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

You must have a lot of faith in your mens doubles partner if you never get any of the rear court shots ^^

3. Shamwow

Shamwow Regular Member

If you're struggling to generate power with the 4u 88dpro then it's unlikely you'd do better with a 3u 100x, as it is stiffer and has less head weight.

4. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

So it would be better to use the 4u variant of 100x? Im also interested to try jnice black panther. So 4u variant would be better for me you think?

fufu27 likes this.
  5. what07

what07 Regular Member

I agree that if your having problems with an 4U 88D pro in generating power then maybe it isn't the racket. 88D pro is so easy for me to get use to and plenty fast whether im front court or rear.

The thing I disagree is the 100x is slightly flexier to me but even tho its suppose to be even balance maybe this would translate to a stiffer feeling.

I just picked my 100x today and only 4U were available but they varied quite a bit. All of them have the power ring and the lightest was 82g and the heaviest one was 86g. I ended up getting the 86g as it felt pretty even balance. Some of the others felt slightly headheavy unstrung. I'm pretty sure a 3U variant would be more towards even balance.

6. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

that depends on how he plays lol. He said usually play mid-front court so he prob will occasionally play rear and move to mid court and there's nothing wrong with that.

7. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

If you want more all round racket go with Jnice Black Panther 4U, compared to 100X you will lose some speed but not enough to hamper your front court play. But you will get easier and bigger smash. But 100X is more stable.

8. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

My 100X feels medium flexible while swinging. Stiffness should be similar to 88D pro but the feeling is "smoother" with 100X. 4U version balance point should be around 298-300 mm unstrung which is on the heavier side

9. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

yes, I prefer my partner to be at the back because im more comfortable playing front in mens double.
    for the racket I think the power for the 88d pro is there I think it just doesn't suit me well thats why I said I haven't utilized its power too much, and wanted to try 100x or black panther.

so @Zoap San , you think it would be better for me to try the 4u variant for stability and speed right since the power is there already? I just think my technique is not very suitable to 88dpro to deliver the power potential of the racket

10. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

both racket are good at front court but 100X offer a bit more speed and Black panther offer more power. You can't go wrong with both so pick the one that suit your playstyle best. 4U is my go to weight for front and mid court play style so yea.

11. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

do you have any online badminton store from thai that can send worldwide? wanna check they're prices

12. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

or you know any shop in bangkok that has both product? I think a friend of mine is in bangkok and would try to ask to buy for me haha

13. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

14. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

No he is not thai, but I asked him to buy for me before he comes back here. So I'm trying to look for a store around bangkok where he can buy 100x and blackpanther.

Other option would be me buying and have it shipped here in my country

#34 Rych05, May 26, 2022
    Last edited: May 26, 2022
  15. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

So........
    I own 2 Auraspeed 100X this is what happened after 3 months

1st on broke 2 hour after the first stringing. Havent hit anything yet RIP.

2nd one broke after 2 month use. Never crash racket with anyone since I have been very very careful not to damage the racket since it's expensive lol. The racket broke from the side (9 o'clock).

Both strung with Li-Ning No.1 Boost strung at 27lbs.

100X is still the best racket I have ever own by far. But after broke 2 racket, I questioned the frame durability. I'm not a pro so I mishits some shots but it shouldn't break this easily. My play style has becoming more aggressive since I have the timing of 100X down. I will now give 9/10 in smash rating. Now that both of my 100X racket in the claim procedure, I'm now in the market for any racket that is similar to 100X which I cannot find. Maybe Hypersonic and BS12 is the closest?

Hope other people won't have the same problem as me

Schultzier likes this.
  16. Joran

Joran Regular Member

Hi Zoap,

That really sucks, but im curious.

How did the rackets break then? did they just break from stringing high tension or did you collaps with your teammate?

I was just about to get 3x 100x for next season, lets hope this isn't a realy issue :(

17. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I strung 26-27 lbs which is still below the "limit" and still never crash racket with my partner yet since I'm super careful not to break another one. From what I know, some of the batch have a low frame durability. I went to Victor shop to send in the broken racket and saw 5-6 100Xs in the "claim bin" most of them break the same way my racket broke (started at 9 o'clock of the frame). and the shopkeeper said a lot of the customers complained about how the frame easily breaks this batch. Dunno if this is true but we'll see.

18. what07

what07 Regular Member

I didn't realize this until I had them all out but Hypersonic head is quite a decent chunk smaller then my 90F. I think it maybe smaller then the 100x as well and the frame profile is a bit thicker. Also the grooves on the 9/3 oclock positions are much longer then on the 100x so not sure if its gonna be different then 100x in terms of repulsion or shuttle hold.

19. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

Can you tell head of hypersonic compact like nf800 or zf2? or is it just a bit smaller? I am a big fan of compact head. I would like to try if that is the case

what07 likes this.
  20. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I happen to have 100ZZ and just bought Hypersonic today. HS frame is noticeably wider than 100ZZ.

Sainttoo and what07 like this.