Denmark Open 2008 Final (26/10/2008)

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008' started by nunu27, Oct 25, 2008.

1. lin_xingfang

lin_xingfang Regular Member

College Student
    Here a new CHN fan here :D

yupp in CHina...table tennis is the country sport...
    like Badminton in Indonesia

no wonder..Hu Jin Tao watched the final of Women & Men Team Table Tennis in OG...

besides Table Tennis...Basketball is most popular sport in China because we have Yao Ming :) He's a China's pride

2. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Actually it will be interesting to find out the number of registered members of this forum base on nationality. I hope Kwun can compile this data and show in percentage form. I don't think there are that many Chinese registered members here mainly due to language barrier and my guess is 40% of the registered memeber are Malaysians? Just my perception!

3. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    malaysia women double won...

4. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    It ended up in deuce because MAS girls stepped off the gas at 14-10 and made countless errors to let INA girls go 18-14 up. Also the drift going over the INA side didn't help MAS girls, a lot of clears went away.

For INA girls, I think Rani should stay at the baseline and Jo maintain her presence at the net. Rani makes a lot of errors at the net area.

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Fatigue? They have a 3 day rest from Mon-Wed, when most other pairs will start playing on Wed. I expect them to progress to at least SF. They might lose to Koo/Tan or Rian/Yoke. However, if they do beat Koo/Tan again, the chance of another title next Sunday will be quite big.

#325 badMania, Oct 26, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  6. acmilan

acmilan Regular Member

hmm, soccer is the most popular sport in Indonesia. Badminton is the second I think. The third is cock fighting. Hehe, just kidding for the last one.

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Good pts as always from you ;) What's your take on the MD Final? How's Kido/Hendra's performance? Please post your thoughts since I haven't watched the match yet.

8. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Full results (finals)

Joachim Fischer Nielsen / Christinna Pedersen [​IMG] - [​IMG] Thomas Laybourn / Kamilla Rytter Juhl [3] : 21-14 21-17

Lin Wang [​IMG] - [​IMG] Mi Zhou [4] : 21-18 21-10

Peter Hoeg Gade [7] [​IMG] - [​IMG] Joachim Persson : 21-18 17-21 21-14

Markis Kido / Hendra Setiawan [1] [​IMG] - [​IMG] Haifeng Fu / Ye Shen : 21-18 21-19

Eei Hui Chin / Pei Tty Wong [4] [​IMG] - [​IMG] Rani Mundiasti / Jo Novita : 23-21 21-12

9. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I prefer 28 out of 28 correct PAWS ...... :p

10. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Haiya, talking abt PAW, I'm just 3 pts away from the podium. :( I should've PAWed Wang Lin instead of Peter Gade. :p Anyway, I'm happy with the way I finished.

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

hiyaa, tsk tsk, after all these years those 2 still nervous. Against a stronger pair, they'll be in trouble. Anyway, glad they finally won a title, hope it'll encourage them so they wouldnt think they're over the hill/reached their limit in improving (like what some say).

Now off to watch RTM1 .....:D:D this Wang Lin is a fighter ......

12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    MD final was intense, it was the first time in a long time where either pair could have won. Fortunately Indonesia had much better defense and tricks. Hendra was in form from the start :D but Markis was a bit out on his flat drives and defensive clears (but his net anticipation is very good). That's partially why the scores were so close, but true champs always know how to get out of trouble ......:) The key was at 14-17 down in 1st game, INA picked up 6 straight pts for gamepoint.

But CHN is catching up in the flat fast drives and change of pace game, playing more along the tune of how Malaysia and Indonesia plays. But their defence is still weak.

One thing I am not quite happy with the Denmark Open is the total number of receiver and service faults, they are more than the normal average. Not that I am complaining about the possibly stricter officiating, just that in the PPR system, each fault is a free point.

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Thanks for the review of the match, greatly appreciated as always :D Team CHN just changes its MD coach from Chen Xingdong (still in charge of XD with He Xiangyang) to Zhang Jun (who started coaching in WD). That's why there's a change in the style perhaps?

The fact that Fu Haifeng/Shen Ye managed to beat the in-form Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen, Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki and Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen in succession, while Cai Yun/Xu Chen also beating Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong and even managed to steal one set off Kido/Hendra are good signs for the CHN coach. We shall see whether this will continue next week.

I guess the service faults stuffs are common in Europe. Heard about the complaints from most Asian coaches too abt the stricter system in European tourneys.

#333 badMania, Oct 26, 2008
  14. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Nay, you got it wrong, they are not nervous. If they were, they would have lost the 1st game already. This is more like lapses in concentration, compounded by difficulty caused by the drift. In fact in 1st game, INA and MAS took turns in having issues with concentration.

Gade had similar problems in his MS match.

It is very difficult to achieve a perfect game in PPR system, more so when our top WD pair does not have comparable sparring partners, unlike most other top countries.

So as far as I am concerned, Wong/Chin have done well to set up a new bar for other MAS WD pairs to follow, same as WMC's win last year at China Open. 3 finals and 1 title in the last 4 months is pretty good by our not so high standards. :)

15. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

Just came back from a bowling session and glad to know that MAS WD had won thrir 1st Super Series title...well done girls...

16. lin_xingfang

lin_xingfang Regular Member

College Student
    indeed...badminton is the country sport for Indonesia...
    and soccer is the most popular in INA eventhough in soccer...they dont do it well compared to another giant soccer in Asia such as JPN,KOR,or CHN (just a fact):) for Basketball..in Asia,CHN is obviously no.1 ..u can see that in NBA Live 09 video game :D

For Badminton in CHN..maybe it is a minority sport
    u can see by looking at how Hu Jin Tao (President of China) watched Zhang Yining in FInal Table Tennis and Yao Ming in basketball match vs USA instead of Lin Dan or Zhang Ning in the last OG.....or how CCTV 2 has cancelled Lin Dan vs Lee Chong Wei's match in OG because Table Tennis Final and Guo Jingjing's last performance has been held at the same time

u can see by that..thats why theres a less CHN fan in this community

he he enough for the off topic kay?

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Congrats to the new SS winners..

..i notice there are quite a few first time SS winners (DEN's Fischer Nielsen & Pedersen seem to be on a roll)..congrats to all!:cool:
    Off topic:Actually, my hunch says the stats now show there are more Indonesian-based members in BC; at least those registered from Indonesia. Used to be from M'sia, though. Although the U.S. now ranks 2nd in users.
    Yes, there aren't many users from China.
    It's a bit hard to find out datas about members' nationalities because (i don't think one is required to state one's nationality/citizenship when registering in BC), say for example, M'sian or Indonesian citizens might be living in U.S. or Europe etc..
    However, traffic-wise, my hunch also says M'sia still dominates in users visiting this site. Followed by Indonesia.

#337 ctjcad, Oct 26, 2008
  18. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Agreed.... Sigh.... Table Tennis gets so much attention even though its for me zzzzzzzzzzz :(

19. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Slim chance in other discipline? MS or XD? I guess XD also has good prospect too.

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    no kidding;) Even table tennis association knows it, coz they like to copy badminton dress code, to brighten up their players;)