Day 5 : semi-final 1 : Indonesia vs. Denmark

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2005' started by Melmel, May 13, 2005.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    bad luck for Denmark really. no one expected them to lose Tine Rasmussen in the group matches. as for Sorensen, i must give her credit for her fighting spirit throughout the match and never give in. but we can tell that she slowly lost her touch especially at the net where she net into the net in quite a few occasions, including the match point.

and Hari, i cannot tell if that was a deliberate tactic to wear out Sorensen or just happens that way, but it was true that she played much slower and much more poorly in the first game and a half. her consistency improved at the end of the match.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Game, set, match, Indo is in the Finals..Fransisca play wonderfully and finally shaked off the jitters..2nd and 3rd sets were much different game, as some of you noticed Fransisca varied her shots more and she basically controlled the net more as the game progress..IMO, that is the key, as in the 1st set, I saw almost none of it..
    Also, it seems like the last couple of match points were hard for her to finish off...Good experience for her..

I don't know if anyone noticed or not, but I thought Fransisca's weakness are her backhand and defense..She will need to work on those in the future..

IMO, the Indos are lucky as Tine Rasmussen wasn't able to play..If she played, most likely she'll win and force MD and WD ties..But this time, the Indos lucked out..I just wondered, why CSorensen need to do jumpsmashes so often, especially in the first set..After that, she doesn't have much game left..I thought by doing that, it tired her out, I guess she doesn't have much game plan/strategy for this match..

Now, there's only 1 showdown left between Korea and China to decide who'll play Indonesia..Who will come out on top??Who'll feel the pressure??..I'll say the "Looser" team will win the SF later today..:).

#122 ctjcad, May 14, 2005
    Last edited: May 14, 2005
  3. SteveStanley

SteveStanley Regular Member

Well, the good news is that probably we get to watch Taufik vs Lin Dan tomorrow, if China makes it to the final, which shouldn't be a problem.

Congrats, INA, they often do better in team tournament even though they are underdog.

4. badplayer2004

badplayer2004 Regular Member

actually..i think unlike most other teams..only the chinese never underestimated the indonesians

as in when it comes to a slugfest or crunch time..the indos will fight their hearts out....

if you notice...even if LYB announce his players can beat the indonesians...he dont even bother to mention other teams as threats...:rolleyes:

#124 badplayer2004, May 14, 2005
  5. *~Taufik~*

*~Taufik~* Regular Member

CONGRATS to the indos!!! well done man! but a pity we can't catch the MD....

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. i agree. what a pity. i was looking forward to the MD too. I am sure JR was already there ready to play, but unfortunately, it was not to be. JR did his best and won all his matches, just like last SC in 2003!

7. peace

peace Regular Member

Congratulations for Indonesia.....
    Now they are in the final and big possibility they will face China....

It was a surprise that INA won by 3-0 directly...IMO, Indonesia will win but not with 3-0....amazing !!!!!

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Gade interview

after the match, Gade admitted that he was not happy about the line calls during the match.

he says Taufik is back to his top form like in the Olympics. but he also says luck was also on Taufik side today (because of the line call)

Gade says if Lin Dan wants to beat Taufik, Lin must be in his 100% form and must work very hard.

when asked who will win, Gade didn't answer.

9. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

If China plays Indonesia tomorrow, I think the key will lie in XD (first match). If Indonesia loses this one, then China is pretty much assured victory unless a miracle happens in WS or WD for the Indonesians.
    Who's got the edge in XD, considering form etc.??

10. SteveStanley

SteveStanley Regular Member

INA can only win over CHN if they win XD, MS, and MD. INA pretty much don't have a chance on WS and WD.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes, i feel the XD will be key to Indonesia in tomorrow's final. I highly doubt their WS or WD will win a pt.(not like today where the Danes lost the WS tie), unless they got very lucky and a miracle happen..
    Whether it will be the first match or last, I think it could be the last one also, as to make the whole tournament dramatic..It should be fun to watch none the less..

12. badplayer2004

yes,miracle is needed by the indonesians tomorrow against the women,any SINGLE "bad luck" in the XD,MS,MD would be the indo's doom too:rolleyes:

no wonder the chinese wants to be sure their women's win is locked in

then just a SINGLE "luck" either in the XD,MS or MD to get the cup :p

as they certainly are toss ups IMO.....:cool:

luck is defined as opponents of about equal strength with only the breaks of the game deciding the outcome

#132 badplayer2004, May 14, 2005
  13. badplayer2004

perhaps the chinese coach fielding 2nd liner women against the koreans is their decision if they cant win over the koreans overall tonite they wont "deserve" win against the indo's tomorrow anyway:cool:

so the chinese gambit is either 3rd place or 1st place..or maybe they just dont want to risk losing to the indonesians especially in the homeground :cool:

#133 badplayer2004, May 14, 2005
  14. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    oh god, when me and my dad was watching the last game of fransisca and camilla, that fight for that last one point was nervewracking,:eek: , and i, for the firs time noticed that fransisca was super tiny
    neway, any1 notice that sony seems to be skinnier?

15. capiozz

capiozz Regular Member

cant watch it live. try all the websites found in this webpage but none working for me stating error:confused::crying:

16. yuval_ba

yuval_ba Regular Member

Eurosport cover

*** damn, just spend 15min writing a post and a timeout during Preview got it all lost :crying: ***

I was thinking if you happen to receive Eurosport channel.
    Today for the first time I watched badminton on TV :D
    Eurosport is covering the Sudirman Cup, and today I saw the DEN vs INA SF.
    They will also cover the Finals tomorrow, here is the schedual for any one who can receive the channel:
    http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s10000/tvschedule_lng0_spo10000_prs3_ven0.shtml

PS
    I must say I was disappointed by the Gade-Hidayat match.
    I like both players, but hoped for Gade to win. I also think, (I know I could be *wrong*) that the line calls were against him. first call looked on the line to me, and the winning shot by Taufik looked wide to me (it was deceiving because of the shuttle angel, feathers are in but base landing out), again, this is just from watching on TV, but if Gade was upset and he was closer than everyone else, it means there is place for doubt here.
    This makes you wonder how things could have looked is a cetain call was different.
    I think there is no room for such doubts, if today's technology can allow to rule such calls with much more certainty, WHY NOT USE IT ???
    I always praise badminton as being easy to judge (as compare to Squach for instanse) but it seems the line calls still leave room for bad calls and it should stop.

hope this is last time I write this post :D

Yuval

17. capiozz

capiozz Regular Member

no i dun have that channel. i was hoping to catch it online..

18. yuval_ba

yuval_ba Regular Member

did u try the coolstreaming ? (see sticky post on this forum)