Day 5 of Proton Malaysia Open 2010 (Semi Finals 23/1/2010)

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by jon_91, Jan 22, 2010.

1. oonyz

oonyz Regular Member

Reply !!!

I understand your opinion is being clouded by the recent performances of
    Tan Chun Seang and Chong Wei Feng,however we need to give them a chance and some time to develope.If BAM can give HH and Kuan Beng Hong so many chances(HH is 28 years now I think and KBH is mid 20s) then I think our backup shuttlers deserve to be given a chance at least until the 2012 Olympics,from there we can have a clearer picture how far they have come.
    I believe there are many talented badminton players,problem is we need a very good quality coach from China to guide the singles players as well as a talent spotter.

2. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I don't think so. Generally players who would become world class would have won senior titles by age 22 or younger.

If by 22 you are still a works in progress, the chances are not too bright.

3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

We need to be more ruthless and results oriented. What is happening to HH & KBH is wrong. We cannot be hoping against hope all the time. We need to put those lame horses to the gun and end the misery, not prolong it. TCS and CWF are just average. They aint gonna cut it. And to stay with them is to do another HH & KBH. We are just repeating the same mistakes.

Having a coach from China aint gonna cure our problem. You cant cure cancer with just Panadol.

4. datuklow

datuklow Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, even with that height!

5. datuklow

datuklow Regular Member

Student
    Yes,this pair is doing good. especially Xu chen

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

From what i saw and recall..

..only able to catch the WD match and MD match.

WD - I thought the CHN pair could've wrapped the game in straight games if not for the many unnecessary errors committed by them in the 1st game. 2nd and 3rd game, they really turned it up, esp. in the 2nd game. On the other hand, MAS pair seemed to turn so defensive after the 1st game.

MD - I also thought Ah Koo & Ah Tan should've closed shop in straight games if not for the many unforced errors committed. 1st game, just too much fooling around by Ah Koo (that 1 moment where he missed the shuttle really put a chuckle on my face). Unfortunately, CHN's pair was as inept as well, esp. toward the end of the 1st game when they had the lead. 2nd game, more errors doomed Ah Koo & Ah Tan and they never recovered. 3rd game, finally Ah Koo & Ah Tan played w/a bit more urgency. Personally, Ah Koo & Ah Tan were lucky they didn't have to play a much more experienced pair as they could've definitely lost the match.
    CHN pair is still young & i would say raw, but overall showed good promise.
    ..just out of curiousity. Who was the coach for Taufik when he won the 2004 OG? Who was the coach when Poul-Erik Høyer Larsen won the 1996 OG? Who was the coach when LYD & LHJ won the 2008 OG? Do you know how many national teams has Li Mao traveled and worked for and how many OG winner has he produced?
    A coach, as good as they come, has at most 30% influence to a player's success. It's the players and the level of training they get, at the end, which'll determine whether they'll end up in the elite, mid-tier or state/club status.

#246 ctjcad, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    About Ah Koo, if he had been more serious, they would have won more titles. To much show boating. There was another instance when he lifted the shuttle high to the back from around the "T", instead of retreating back to his square for defensive mode, he sort of knelt down and left TBH to defend the whole court. Really admire TBH's tolerance.

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Thays why i like to critic on them, especially KKK.........;)

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

That Ah Koo chap, I was told from buddies in the clubbing scene is a party boy. He enjoys the high life, flings and is also pretty arrogant in character. TBH, however is different. He is more down to earth, do not flash his "I m a badminton star status', very thrifty with his money and generally a decent chap.

In 5 years time, when they are past their prime, KKK will end up with nothing for not making hay while the sun shines. KKK need to take a leaf out of Foo Kok Keong example. FKK, after the TC fluke was made a instant millionaire and yet today he lost everything.

Actually, LCW despite his inability to perform on the big stage, is the most disciplined of the lot. He is very discipline when it comes to his lifestyle and money.

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I think he/she meant Chai/Zhang Nan. Guo/XU Chen are above 20 y.o. already. Chai Biao/ZN are better in my opinion & are currently groomed to take over from Fu/Chai

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A couple more things i forgot to mention..

- There were a couple or so really questionable line calls during the last WD & MD matches. One of which occurred during the early part of the MD match between KKK & TBH vs. CB & ZN.
    - Which led to the CHN pair doing their own version of gamesmanship. They also tried a delayed tactic just as KKK was about to serve which prompted another warning from the umpire. I sure heard boo-birds coming from the crowd.
    At the end of the match, though, both pairs showed good sportsmanship.

#251 ctjcad, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010