Day 5 of Proton Malaysia Open 2010 (Semi Finals 23/1/2010)

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by jon_91, Jan 22, 2010.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    but there is hope for Chinese MD after CY/FHF.

20-12. all over now.

2. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Showboating, they call it. Act cool and still win it. All style and no ... errm, well they have some substance.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    and they take it.

Koo Kien Keat / Tan Boon Heong beat Chai Biao / Zhang Nan 21-19 / 16-21 / 21-15

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Arghh... don't get me started. They're not maximizing their talent with all this mucking around. Must be a MAS thing...:rolleyes:

5. DairyRon

DairyRon Regular Member

Student
    too bad that malaysia women double lost in rubber set >.<

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    The show goes on... tomorrows MD final will not be so exciting compare to today.

Looking forward to MS

7. szekt

szekt Regular Member

M'sia WD performance wasnt as good; The Chinese pair won the match deservedly

8. szekt

szekt Regular Member

Chai/Zhang were too inexperienced; they look so young; how old are they?

9. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Congratulations to Lee Chong Wei for disposing of Nguyen Tien Minh.
    However, I won't congratulate KKK for putting up that fancy match. :mad: when will they start playing professionally?

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Their beginning of year trend.:p:p
    Well, TBH did say he's still not at his best & that he's not satisfied with his performance. That's after they beat SUn/Tao & Clark/Robertson. ;)

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2010 Malaysian Open SS Semi-Finals: Thank you for posting progressing scores

Thank you all for posting progressing scores. It's good to know how the scores were developing as matches were played. :)

KKK/TBH haven't changed. Looks like they still prefer showmanship to serious Badminton. :(

12. oonyz

oonyz Regular Member

Reply !!!

Chai and Zhang look good especially as Mas has no reliable second men's doubles pair at the moment.Rexy need to act fast with Pang Cheh Chang to address this problem quickly.I don't know why Mas always have to send their best players to tournaments.They should give more opportunities to the youngsters because I think we have good potential in the men's doubles compartment with so many good backup pairs.They need more exposure.Even if it means losing in the early rounds of the tournament,Mas shouldn't be embarrassed about it because in the long run we gain.Besides,Koo and Tan can provide good sparring sessions for them to be prepared before going for overseas tournaments.Look at this whole tournament overall,no Lin dan,Simon Santoso,Sony Dwi Kuncoro for singles.For doubles,no Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan,no Mathias Boe/Carsten Morgensen,Lee Yong Dae/Jung Jae Sung(lost in early round due probably to injury(Lee Yong Dae) or saving themselves for Thomas Cup and All-England).This whole tournament other countries are sending their youngsters for exposure and grooming them.As for ourselves,we send our best players and provide this young players from other countries to learn and improve faster.Stupidity on BAM's part.:mad:..........If I were BAM or leading the coaching committee,first......we need to get a quality chinese coach as the coach for the men's singles department probably assisting Misbun Sidek.Send all this youngsters for more exposure(not including HH and Kuan Beng Hong)this two in my opinion are hopeless and useless,preferably better for them becoming independent players.(Sick and tired of seeing this 2 already)As for the 4 backup shuttlers,I see potential in Tan Chun Seang and Chong Wei Feng,the other 2 no comments for now.Doubles department looking good but they need to be more exposed.The singles badminton juniors such as Iskandar Zulkarnain,Zulfadli Zulkifli,Misbun Ramdan,Mohd Syawal needs to be groomed now.....Got more to comment but waiting feedback from bcers.:eek:

13. eaglehelang

The back up pairs did participate as Msia is hosting. ANd since Msia is host & cos of sponsor obligation, all BAM players must participate. Our doubles team did not go to Korea
    NSC will not agree with you on the losing in early rounds part. They want results & have told the coaches to send for GP Gold , GP 1st, then only SS, no point send for SS if keep losing.That is one reason why since mid 2009, the back up go for GP Gold, rarely they go SS.
    Doesnt mean the players dont get to go tourneys, just lower level ones.

For MS, BAM ( & NSC) is of the opinion now is not the time for exposure anymore but to show some results.

#213 eaglehelang, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  14. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Actually, cannot even send to SS. Because cannot even make the qualifiers. Just be in reserve only.

15. eaglehelang

That's another reason but quite a number qualify but are not sent also ;). I'm giving the reason why NSC wants GP Gold 1st, then SS, not like last time , Rexy will send all that qualify for SS

And if result is lose in qualifying, for MS is punishment is cannot go next tournament. Cannot go tourney, cannot improve ranking.

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It's best for newer inexperienced players to participate in lower tournaments first

Yes, it's better to send back-up players to Grand Prix and/or Grand Prix Gold tournaments (for exposure) first, as pointed out by eaglehelang. Most National Associations do it.

We all know that if players cannot perform well at these GP tournaments, they would probably fail to make it into the main Super Series draw.

It's best for newer inexperienced players to participate in lower tournaments first, even starting from the International Series and/or International Challenge events.

17. oonyz

oonyz Regular Member

Reply !!!

Denmark got Jan O Jorgensen(already challenging the top players),China got Chen Long and DuPeng Yu(not to mention Chen Jin who is only 24 years this year),Indonesia got Simon Santoso and Sony who are still in mid 20s(Simon is younger I presume),Malaysia(Lee Chong Wei all the time),none of our backup or juniors can match Simon,Chen Long,Du,Jan O.BAM WAKE UP,hire a good chinese singles coach that will stay for the long term and allow the coach to have freedom to select,direct and delegate not interfere with selections and coaching.Look how upset Rexy was when the BAM hired Tan Kim Her without informing him.It came out in paper.If BAM not careful we might even lose Rexy who I think is doing a good job based on the doubles department coming out with so many doubles pairs with potential.Singles department is not doing too well.I believe if Li Mao and Morten Frost had stayed along with Misbun Sidek and Hendrawan.We would have good set-up in place.Rashid Sidek can be chief coach,but ultimately the coaches doing the practical sessions such as Li Mao and Misbun would make a huge difference.Look at out juniors, they ended second to China in the world team and individual championships thanks to Sun Chenhua.China has the best coaches.Our malaysian coaches should learn more from them.:eek:......
    Badminton not just about having skills,playing for country and being the best at home country.It is about being humble,working hard,real hard,being committed in training and taking traaining seriously and always trying to improve and be the best.The only coaches I see really putting players and grinding them down to the extent of vomitting are the chinese coaches.Lin Dan main coach is Tang XianHu,that's why he benefits so much,people might say Park Sung Hwan is coached by Li Mao now but how come no progress.Well it takes time,Lee Chong Wei was not born a pro.I remember an article saying when Lee Chong Wei first started out under Morten Frost,he suffered defeats under chinese players.He realized that unless he learned the training methods and playing tactics and strategies,techniques and footwork of china players he will always be the best in the world but still end up being second best to chinese players.After that, he went under the guidance of Li Mao.After few years by 2005-2006, his level of play increased tremendously thanks to Li Mao.I am sure Korea will benefit a lot overall under Li Mao(that means ms,ws)both as well,Park Sung Hwan needs time as well.If he does not make the grade,I am sure another younger player training now would make the grade.:eek:

18. eddietheng

eddietheng Regular Member

I agreed with you oonyz.

19. malaysiangirl

malaysiangirl Regular Member

Malaysian coach Misbun who is coaching chong wei are really good and our malaysia do have good local coaches but it is up to the players how dedicated they are to get their mission accomplished on international arena and be on top.I was dissapointed with malaysia mens doubles today who was trying to show their fancy shots against their opponents and I can see Rexy facial expression that he was not that satisfied when they lost the second game so easily.Thank god they buck up and won the third game.Women malaysian doubles was totally dissapointing today.

with best wishes,
    malaysiangirl

20. eaglehelang

Oonyz, we can continue the discussion on coaches, etc, in Prof Players threads.
    Under Msia.

On a side note, on China coaches, in 2009, bf Hendrawan came, BAM did want to ask Sun CH to go to back up MS, in the end SUn didnt. Either SUn dont want then BAM signed Hendrawan or they signed Hendrawan & let SUn stay in BJSS