day 4!

Discussion in 'Thomas/Uber Cups 2004' started by kwun, May 9, 2004.

1. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

hehehe.. they will be lynched if they lost :) in the old senayan stadium, it ws a notorious place known to be hell for players, both for foreign players and local... the fans cd never accept defeat, if their own players didnt play well, the boos will go to them instead of their opponents and be prepared for verbal abuse after the match, plus a few bottles or cans or.. :) duh...

2. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

CHINESE TAPEI BEAT GERMANY 4-1 !!!!!!!

CHINESE TAIPEI VS GERMANY 4-1
    Fist singles : Cheng Shao Chieh vs XU Huaiwen 4-11, 7-11
    Second singles: Huang Chia Chi vs Juliane Schenk 11-6, 11-1
    Third singles : Huang Chia Hsin vs Nicole Grether 2-11, 11-3, 11-7
    Second doubles: Chang Yun Ju/Yang Chia Chen vs Katrin Piotrowski/Juliane Schenk 11-15,15-9, 15-10
    Fist doubles : Chien YU Chin/Cheng Wen Hsing vs Carina Mete/Nicole Grether 15-6, 15-5

3. Nrlll9

Nrlll9 Regular Member

that was basically.. expected. i dont think cheng shao chieh is in good form recently though. in national rankings, chien yu chin and huang chia hsin are actually ranked higher than her in singles. i hope she gets her form back

4. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    China has won the battle, but not the war.

Just wonder what Indo's coaches think to night.
    They are sad because they lost, or they are happy because their strategy worked (they planned to lose). :rolleyes:
    Maybe Indo's coaches let China win and hope that China over confidence with this winning and under estimate Indo in the final (if Indo goes to final).
    We never know. ;)

This is not the end for Indo, the war is still long.
    Now we are waiting for Indo vs Malaysia after Indo passing NZL.

I still hoping that China against Indo in the final.

5. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    There is no reason for Indonesia to lose and every reason to win. I think they were truly trounced, but as you said the war is not over, and if Indonesia meets China again in the final, yesterday's outcome has no bearing at all on the final outcome.

In fact, Indonesia should be more fired up, and Malaysia is now the immediate target for redemption. Meanwhile, Malaysia can be consoled by the fact that Indonesia is not invincible at Istora Senayan after all. I expect a great battle tommorow.