Day 4 - 3rd round

Discussion in 'World Championships 2003' started by kwun, Jul 30, 2003.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    quite an achievement for the Chinese, they most likely won't go too much further, but it is quite an improvement that they have 3 pair out of 8 in the WC quarter final.

2. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    LOL, touch wood, I did not mean died. Yes, Camilla dyed her hair. Was she not blonde by the way?

Apart from Xie Xin Fang, I don't like the other Chinese ladies players, there's not that much to differentiate between them...Go Camilla Go Xin Fang!

I also like the teletubby Mia Audina...but none of these compare to my favourite Gong Zhi Chao.

Candra and Sigit are just pure class...just turn it on when they need it, like a switch.

I am glad Bao Chun Lai has finally wiped that smile from that baby face..hopefully this will be the win that will elevate him into another class. A shame that another youngster Lin Dan had to meet Xia Xuan Ze already.

Zhang Ning looks like a chinese vampire (geung si)...mainly because of her cheekbones and overly unaturally thin body.

I guess only Korean medal is resting on Kim and Ra...but can't help having a bad feeling.

So, that is what they are shouting...erla bing bong eh? I thought it sounded like "goooo flamingo"

And what is it that the players are shouting, after winning a point? "wozaa"
    or are they doing commercials for Budweiser? wassaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

3. michaeldalian

michaeldalian Regular Member

PhD student
    Zhang Ning looks like a chinese vampire (geung si)...mainly because of her cheekbones and overly unaturally thin body.

pls be respectful on your comments.
    :D :D :D

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. the Koreans cheering. took me a little bit to actually figure out the sound. but it sounds something like that. i don't know what it means though.

either way, i believe Koreans has the best cheer along with Indonesians. the Chinese cheering is pretty bad. "Jia You" just doesn't have that ring to it.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Who can ever believe such result? Prior to WC, many ppl think the CHN MD will be all dead up to now, and more likely, 3 KOR pairs will meet up. Now, just 180' totally opposite.

If the youngsters can keep up this kinda of effort, CHN will be superior in TC and SC.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Just find out Chen Lin and Chen Qi q. are gf and bf... and they used to be XD partner.

Hmmm... it will be interesting if the match was really played...

7. sayakeren

sayakeren Regular Member

Public Relations
    Hahaha, you're so rite, Kwun! Many Indonesian, I believe, still remember how did we do the cheer for Susi Susanti everytime she went for a match. We always shouted in a choir: "Susiiii.......iii!!! Susi!" (It sounds similar to the Japanese' Sushi....). We also like to bring a plastic water bottle to the seats and bang it to our chair when an Indo player got a point. Of course with another identical rhyme. I still can't figure out how did we get into those rhymes that's still in our cheering strategy nowadays.

8. edwin

edwin Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Despite the strong performance shown by Cai/Fu and Zhen/Sang, can we really say China's Men's Doubles team is a lot stronger than before? Are Cai/Fu and Zhen/Sang a lot stonger than Zhang Jun/Zhang Wei, Chen Qiqiu/Liu Yong, or Chen Qiqui/ Yu Jinhao back in the late 1990's or year 2000?