Datuk LCW: Time to perform on the big stage

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2010' started by Pemuda, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Braveheart K.Tago

When many forumers lamented about lack of new blood in badminton today, here comes K.Tago.

In the PAW thread, no one gave him a chance. Everybody was talking about LD oc BCL vs LCW final and here he comes. All credits should go to this japanese youngster.

I did not watch his previous matches but againts CJ & BCL, he played with courage, threw himself all over the place and succeeded when it mattered most.

Good mental toughness and positive attitudes brought wonders to him.

How many new players have the guts to fight back, point to point with his more established counterparts eventhough he was trailing 1 game and most importantly did not succumb to pressure at the very crucial stage?

Not anyone from Malaysia at least. Other newcomers definitely can learn a thing or two from the japanese and koreans.

Hope we have a great final today and may the best man wins.

#361 Aspire, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Spot on Apire, u said it all.........hope it help to open our MAS back up or junior's eyes....also their poor supporters eyes :D:D

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Some junior players take time to shine....Look at Hayom as well...look at Chen Long...
    In MS's field...it is getting tough...
    In DEN, in few year we will see the name like Victor Axelsena dn Emil Holst
    in INA< hopefully we wills ee Rijanto Subagja and Vito
    In KOR< we may see the rising of Shon Wan Ho,Young Wong Ha
    in India< we may see Gurusaidut( not sure if I spell it right)

We have seen many potential young players like Ji Hoon Hong.( Ex-Junior Champ).guess what? he is going nowhere...

I just hope that South American, Daniel Paiola ( Brazil)has chance to shine in future....
    as well as Andres Lopez from Mexico

I am just wondering where other china players, hopefully they will show more this year..
    Gao Huan, Liu Gizheng, Qiu Yanbo,Lu Yi ( rumours that he has not got along well with LD),Yi Lu,Zhang Hong,Wang Zheng Ming ( another junior from china)..

#363 huangkwokhau, Mar 13, 2010
  4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes Hau-ge.....but seems like u can think of anyone from MAS....??? right :D ?

5. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I did talk to Hendrawan a bit..he thinks Wei Feng has the potential but need a year to groom him.
    I will be in Malaysia for few days for Junior Championship..
    PM me your number..we can talk about it..

6. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I was trying to figure out this metaphor. Now I get it :)

Well, the job's not done till it's done. The best chance ever for LCW to grab a major.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Preparing the upcoming "Thank You" speech from Datuk LCW..

..yes, as we await the official coronation of Datuk LCW as the AE 100th Anniversary MS champion..here it goes:

"Thank you all, I am so happy to finally get this AE title. It's been a long, hard road filled with sweat and tears to finally get this.
    But first and foremost, i would like to give thanks to the almighty God.
    Second, i would like to give thanks to my family, papa, mama and all my family members for all their support.
    Third, i would like to give thanks to my loyal coach, Misbun Sidek, who's guided me and stayed with me throughout so many years. And besides him, to Morten Frost and Li Mao.
    Next, i would like to give thanks to my long time, ex-girlfriend Wong Mew Choo who's stood and supported me throughout many yrs. I would love to celebrate this win with you, if you don't mind..(wink)
    Next, i would like to give thanks to my first ever and long time coach, Mr. Teng Sung Huat and his son elvinteh who gave me a chance to show what my true talent is.
    Next, i would like to give thanks to another long time friend and coach, Mr. Lim (hmm, i wonder if he's part of badmintoncentral??)
    Next, i would like to give thanks to the rest of the BAM officials and coaching staff for providing all the support throughout all these years.
    Next, i would like to give thanks to all my teammates and sparring partners who'd sacrificed their time and body to spar with me.
    Next, i would like to give thanks to my many M'sian supporters, in M'sia as well as all over the world, who have stayed wide awake at night to watch and endured my matches.
    Next, i would like to give thanks to Kenichi Tago for providing me an opportunity to finally win this AE (wink to Tago).
    Next, i would like to give a big thanks to the CBA and coach Li Yongbo for their generous gift in not taking this AE as seriously. Thank you LD, BCL and CJ.
    Next, i would like to thank the INA team, for Sony, Taufik, Simon for giving me a chance to finally win this.
    Next, i would like to thank Peter Gade, for allowing me to play you in the Semis.
    And last but not least, i want to give a big shout out to the badmintoncentral community for keeping up with me through all these yrs. Yes, i know i've disappointed a lot of you, but i know there are die-hard, special fans in BC.
    And yes, of course i won't forget this gentleman. I know he might not be in BC, but i know he's reading and watching this somewhere. Yes, I want to give a special "Thank You" to Pemuda (wink). Yes, i know he's been so harsh on me and been banned again from BC because of his conduct, but i hope with this win, he won't be coming down hard on me.
    I forgive you brotha, Can you give some loooove??..

Thank you all and here's a Malaysia Boleeeeehhhhhh!!!"

#367 ctjcad, Mar 13, 2010
  8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Funny, Chris.....hope he will able to read this after the final tonight....! :D

9. SE1992

SE1992 Regular Member

How true.
    We've seen great ones choke at the final stage. Plus not to undersestimate Kenichi, credit should be given to him for getting so far. One more scalp is not impossible.
    Still I think LCW should be able to nail this one.....mud and all.

I have finally got GDTV to work for me, 10 hours after the last Semi match. I'm going to keep the streaming runnning until today's matches start....... fingers crossed, I'll watch some good final games.

10. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

IF LCW wins :p

I really hope he does...
    there's still the big 'if'.

11. SE1992

SE1992 Regular Member

BTW, anyone in HK going to watch this together?

12. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    How can you forget XBall who bet Loh on LCW everything and lost (even though he doesn't pay his debt;)) and Georgie Boy who kicked the name his parents gave him and adopted CW;)

13. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Why do YOU people ALWAYS have to mention this in award ceremonies :p

Seriously, kwun has mentioned that he does not want to involve talks of religion in his forum.

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Get it right. I will pay but Loh has not claimed.

15. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    yes i would also say tago is strong in his fitness, at least better fitness than the 3 china players.

his game plan is simple relying a lot on his forehand attack and for lcw i think it should not be a problem...its just like playing ld using his right hand (ld)...

first set i think in favor of lcw as tago settle down slow and second set lcw much be cautious otherwise there could be a rubber set.:D

16. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Haha, have you seen his interviews in English?

He'd be more like:
    "Maybe, I thank my parents, maybe uh... thank my coach Misbun very much...."

17. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Hahaha!!! Hi Loh, whatda ya say to XBall??:D

18. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    lol, you really make me laugh - congratulating lcw and using your unique style is speechless for me....:D

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Typical noise maker, and hindsight is 20/20.
    I ask you, where were you expounding on Tago before this All England event, before round 1, before round 2, before QF?? You come in now after SF and start singing praise on Tago. :rolleyes: Before u go lash out on PAWers for not pawing Tago, i see you didn't PAW at all.

Not only BF forumers lamented about lack of new blood in badminton today, so did peter gade, so did taufik, so did many nameless badminton fans. We lamented no new blood from badminton powerhouse (except china). Japan isn't a powerhouse yet. I don't view Tago as new blood to carry the torch from his senior players, Tago is the FIRST serious MS blood from Japan. This is same for Boonsak, first blood from Thailand. Talking big after the fact is easy. It doesn't take much IQ for that.

FYI, i did PAW Tago to win once and did not PAW against him on other match

#379 cooler, Mar 13, 2010
  20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Maybe he likes the word maybe. I'm not sure, maybe...