DAIHATSU Indonesia Masters 2018 (23 - 28 Jan)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by pcll99, Jan 21, 2018.

1. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    the foot fault in game 1 was clearly not a foot fault. yes, his toes were on top of the line, but they were not touching the line. his shoe is curled upward at the toe, like a typical human being. nor did he roll it forward to touch the line while serving.

bwf shoud use some of that hsbc sponsor money to revamp the entire umpire certification system. no serious professional sport uses volunteers.

stanleyfm likes this.
  2. basuki

basuki New Member

many service judge wannabes in this forum

audience's opinions do not matter

-----

lin dan's and chen long's results are more humiliating than liliyana natsir's

ask them to retire first

3. basuki

basuki New Member

it's the same height as everyone else

why do you not mention kevin's serve?

4. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    thoughts on the final 5 matches, and the state of the sport in general...

ws: well, i don't think anyone picked saina to pull off an upset. the saddest part about sports is not being able to see everyone at their peak at the same time, although i'm pretty sure peak tty beats peak saina 95% of the time. (has tty even peaked yet? ha!) it's just a different game now from when saina started and tty is at the top of the current class... especially(!!) in the fitness department. put aside her obvious racket/in-game/footwork skills for a moment. have you ever seen her look the slightest bit tired after a long rally or match? i certainly haven't. lately if she loses a match, she loses it. she has yet to be outplayed since late 2016. look back @ last weeks malaysia 500 final. did ratchanok actually outplay her? nope. was tty tired? nope. ratchanok made a lot fewer errors which means she deserved to win.

pvs is at a career turning point/danger zone: better stop losing to those you should beat, a lot more times than not. especially with the talent/tools she possesses. time is on her side, but it runs out fast if you're not paying attention.

ms: didn't have a reason to watch the final. but, good for ginting & indonesian ms! i'll pay more attention to ginting when he starts to show more consistency. otherwise, to me, it's just lightning in a bottle. re. chen long... i'll say it again: i seriously think he's done dominating. his peak run is over. there's no reason to believe, as some of his fans do, he can repeat the type of peak run lin dan & lee chong wei put together. axelsen & srikanth are the 2 players in the heart of their peak runs right now. for better and worse chen long is a machine, and all machines win a lot until they get figured out and or become obsolete.

xd: it's all about zheng siwei. he's got a perfect & smart partner as well in hyq. he's too fast & powerful for everyone else right now... and just wait until his game matures. yikes! he's zhang nan with power, ha ha!

wd: takamatsu has reawakened! overall it looks like they're having fun again. they're still the most skillful, quickest, fittest and smartest pair out there. no surprise if they win the most 500/750/1000/major titles this year. not in a dominating fashion, but very threatening.

the indonesian pair was sucking wind, if you know what i mean. (out of shape compared to takamatsu)
    is it just me or does anyone else think polii's serve is a total head fake? that's a serious gap in the rules. to the receiver it never looks like the server is ready. is it the receivers job to be ready for everything? the server is free to do whatever?

md: kevin/marcus still the best but li/liu have improved their defense and actually look quicker, too. all md can hear the footsteps of ranki/shetty, heh heh.

Michael V likes this.
  5. Master

Master Regular Member

I do agree about TA/LN wasn't able to deliver their best achievement due to the limited mobility of LN. But IMO, asking them or LN alone to retire isn't a right choice. She is still deserving to keep playing with any effort she could do.

The same condition at the time she was injured at 2016 Hongkong SS but still she could manage to win the 2017 World Championships without won any SS prior the WC (except Indonesia Open).

It's just a matter of choosing and maintaining an exactly right peak time before the target event.

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It's not. Other players serve legally, or close to it. I didn't watch any of Kevin's serves in that perspective, so I have no idea how high he serves, but Gideon has been doing that **** for years and it's annoying to watch, must be hell to play against. Used to be a similar story with Yoo Yeon Seong and Mohammad Ahsan...
    His arms are literally parallel to the ground when he serves. How any judge can not fault that is beyond me.

7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Saying gideon serve is high is just excuse.

LiLiu serve is higher than gideon because they are taller. In retrospect, it doesnt change anything. and in truth its not even at 115cm.

and come on this is Mens Double. Its not Mix or Womens Double.

8. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Sorry but you make no sense. Firstly, a person's serve being higher because they're taller has nothing to do with the chest high serve Gideon was doing. It's an inherent advantage to the taller player, but it doesn't mean other players can break the rules and serve at the same height. Secondly, the 115cm rule hasn't started yet.

Cheung and j4ckie like this.
  9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The 115cm rule is not in effect - you still need to serve at the waist. And it's important exactly _because_ it is MD where there's the most pressure on the serve, unlike WD.
    How is complaining about bad service judging an excuse? I'm not saying it's in any way directly linked to the match result. I'm frustrated that some players get away with blatantly illegal serves, nothing more.

skhai91 and Michael V like this.
  10. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

he is trolling you know
    he loves trolling around anything about Minions

11. skhai91

skhai91 Regular Member

Engineer
    It's not about finding excuses to complain about, but this is about fairness of the sport. Getting away with one or two illegal serves in a game may not be such a big deal, but pulling this **** off and getting away for every serve he made throughout the whole Finals match? Their fans can try to sugarcoat it however they want to convince themselves otherwise, but it doesn't change the fact that they're just shamelessly cheating their way through the match.

Griff88 likes this.
  12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I am only stating the fact. In retrospect, it doesnt change anything. The way they won in China, HK and Dubai ( final)is too comfortable to say the serve has any effect on the titles they won. 11 titles fully deserved. and what high? bet you guys are also serving high and all those players too when they are playing. But you decide just to see him serve and saying its high lol.

Find a way to beat them rather than complaining about something you dont have decisions on.

play with more speed, speed speed..

13. basuki

basuki New Member

blatantly illegal? break the rules? shamelessly cheating? hahaha

who judge their serves? you? no. it is the service judges

they say they are legal. who cares about your opinions?

14. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Lol

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

and I only comment on Finals day.

I guess the hate is overwhelming lol.

Guys like conrad, kamurasonoda, liucheng, fuhaifeng is serving high all the time too.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

No one else is serving with their arms parallel to the ground (and FHF had one of the most conservative serves on the tour). I complained just the same when YYS did that ****, it's just ridiculous. Service judges are in the somewhat tough situation that most of these guys are so used to serving unbelievably high that they can't even serve legally anymore and would need to get faulted over and over again. I'd rather do that than have these ridiculous serves in the game, but I guess Bwf is continuing with the eyes closed approach until the shitty 115cm rule is in force.

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

They are blatantly illegal, as is apparent to anyone who possesses more than 2 brain cells and is able to read the rules. Unless Gideon is some sort of mutated misshapen creature with their lowest rib at the collarbone, in which case the serves would be fine.

Michael V, samkool and skhai91 like this.
  18. westcoast_sing

westcoast_sing Regular Member

Do you remember previous drama she made?
    Which year, which tournament?
    Wondering how bwf "grade" the umpire?

19. westcoast_sing

westcoast_sing Regular Member

If her head (and eyes) is exactly in the exact location of the shuttlecock, do you think she didn't see it?
    You can check the slow motion from youtube.

nokh88 likes this.
  20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Nope, you are being selective. It has already been mentioned other players do very high serves and it is the serve that is the problem, not the character of the player and it is not a personal issue.

Please try not to be so selective and narrow in what you read because when you make statements like the quote, it is doesn't reflect well on the rest of what you write. Unless of course, you actually meant the "the hate against foul serving is overwhelming" - in that case, I apologise :)

#540 Cheung, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018