County Assessment - "Worried" :'(

Discussion in 'UK' started by Sephiroth, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Regular Member

PhD Student
    Omg... I arrived and there were 30 + peeps there...

Basically no one assessed us, It basically an introductory session. All in all, I have to come back for the next few weeks before Christmas and then they will make the final decision. These people will judge us as we go along.

Well, its a fair point with many people trying to get in so... i'll tell u guys my progress as each week progresses !

Worries over, Sephiroth (well until the final decision is made...)

2. fast3r

fast3r Regular Member

They won't have assessed you comprehensively but I'm almost sure that since there were people they didn't know, they will have watched you playing and they'll have a fair idea who they intend to keep in the team. btw this is almost exactly what i had to do for my county trial. Next week they will tell us if we have made it into the squad.

3. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Regular Member

PhD Student
    Really... ? well good luck to you but this session lasted only 2 hours and the warm up took like1 h 30 mins so a few good players only judged 8 people so far. And they only said something like "He has a weak forehand smash or something" it wasn't a definitive decision.

In truth i dont know if the judges saw EVERYONE play since "playing" only lasted about 30 mins.

Anyway, I'll keep posting how each of sessions go... Thats why we still have to play until Christmas befoe they make the decison :eek:

Bye, Sephiroth

4. fast3r

fast3r Regular Member

heh... 1.5hr warmup... sounds familiar...:eek: :eek: :eek:

did you have to do a 'cool down' as well?

actually i think the main objective of such a long warm up is simply to waste time. therefore they can keep players coming to sessions for longer to 'make a jugdement' but actually so they can make more money.

I wouldn't worry to much about the county training, since you are very unlikely to get much out of it. As I said its probably more important to enter the BE tournaments.

5. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Regular Member

PhD Student
    Lololol :) You damn right there... There was even a warm down and they are charging us like £50 to pay until Christmas.

I do worry, but I know i shouldn't... but I want to get training from county so when I do the BE tourneys, I feel more prepared and ready. I also want to have the "honour" of wearing the county T-Shirt.

Hmmm, I think I might benefit a "bit" from it since I play it with people of the same standard But I see what u mean. Besides its something to do during the week and I want to give it as much as I can before my GCSEs start to take over:eek:

Thank you, Sephiroth

6. fast3r

fast3r Regular Member

how did you compare to the others, were they better/worse/the same standard as you? you know in the end they'll probably keep everyone in the squad

7. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Regular Member

PhD Student
    Well there are some ****ing cockey ******** who should be in county but lag behind to annoy other peeps. In addition, there are some who are really bad, while most other are around the middle - good parts of the group. Remember the age group is for U -15s which means there are bout 30 + kids.

oh me, well... I'd say between "same standard - county standard". So, I should get in, If there are enough spaces... :confused: and the judges think i have potential

NOTE: i am 15 but one of the "judge" said how old were u on january 1st at 00.00 ? And i said 14 .. then he said k thats cool....:rolleyes: (phew)

Thank you, Sephiroth

#27 Sephiroth, Oct 25, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  8. fast3r

fast3r Regular Member

if you are 15 now you are U17 for this year, to be U15 you need to be 14 at midnight on December 31,2005/January 1, 2006. I think you will have to go to the u17 squad.

9. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Regular Member

PhD Student
    Ya i know i was 14 at that time, so i am a valid candidate.

Sephiroth

10. lanxlad

lanxlad Regular Member

Engineer
    Wow! I think you'll definitely get in the squad if you can travel back in time!! While your at it, do you have next weeks lottery numbers??

Only kidding, good luck! I'd suggest asking questions and looking keen too.. plus try to strike up a good partnership with someone you think has potential.

11. other

other Regular Member

Student
    keep us updated Sephiroth!!

12. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Regular Member

PhD Student
    Lol k "Other"...

I got approx 6 more weeks before they make a decision... I keep arriving 1hour and 30 mis late 'cause of ******n' traffic which means i get 30 mins play :(

I try my best when i am there and i am glad some of the judges there, are lenient to let us play even if we are late :)

We usually play doubles or 1/2 court singles (a mix with county and non-county) with 3 judges watching from the balcony. I haven't been commented on yet but i know my time will come soon... :eek:

Thank you, Sephiroth

13. Carl.S

Carl.S Regular Member

Scientist
    So how did it go ??

Have you found out yet??

14. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Regular Member

PhD Student
    Oh ya no problems. I got into the squad not the team though ^^; But its better than nothing, at least i get training

Sephiroth