Copenhagen Masters 2006

Discussion in '2006 Tournaments' started by yannie, Nov 6, 2006.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Malaysians all out in Copenhagen
    30 Dec 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IT was the end of the road for the national shuttlers in the Copenhagen Masters badminton championships when Wong Choong Hann and doubles pair Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah went down tamely in their final preliminary matches on Thursday.

Choong Hann, needing a win to progress to the final, had no answer to six-time champion Peter Gade Christensen of Denmark, losing 21-6, 21-9.

Christensen played compatriot Kenneth Jonassen in the final late last night. Although Jonassen lost his last preliminary match 12-21, 21-18, 21-19 to Chen Yu of China, he secured the final berth on countback.

Tan Fook-Wan Wah, who struggled to beat former world champion Lars Paaske-Jonas Rasmussen in their first match, found the going tough against reigning world champions Fu Haifeng-Cai Yun of China and lost 21-12, 21-19.

Haifeng-Cai Yun played Indonesia’s Joko Riyadi-Hendra Gunawan in the final last night.

Attached Files:

• bad.jpg
      bad.jpg
      File size:
      40.6 KB
      Views:
  2. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Indonesian players at Kastrup airport... went back yesterday... CRY!!!

Copenhagen - Frankfurt
    Frankfurt - Singapore
    Singapore - Jakarta

From left to right:
    Simon Santoso, Joko Riyadi, Hendra Aprida Gunawan, Vita Marissa, Me, Jens and Flandy Limpele

Attached Files:

3. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    wow nice pic yannie! Looking good as usual hehe:D
    how did you guys communicated? english?:)

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for sharing the pic..

..yannie, tak!!..They all look very relaxed..Hey, i noticed you're holding a Tempo magazine(is that a souvenier for you??)..hehe;):)..
    Hehe, Hendra looks homesick & just wants to go back to Indo ASAP (in a quick glance, he looks a bit like Eng Hian)..hehe:rolleyes: :p :D ;)

#104 ctjcad, Dec 31, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  5. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Yup we used English. Actually Flandy, Vita and Simon's English are not bad. :) Sometimes we used Indonesian and Javanese.. They called me so many things.. Angry.. Right Tarek? Hahahahahaha!!! :p

Hahaha.. relaxed, they are so damn funny..
    The day before we all went to Hard Rock cafe and Rosie McGee's (Restaurant/Pub/Club) after the finals together with some English players, Xia Xuanze and Sara Runesten.. Hahahahaha, went totally crazy there.. I didn't sleep the whole night..
    They just paid 4000 Danish Kroners for luggage overweight!!! Faint..
    Yeah, Flandy gave me the Tempo magazine and it's in Indonesian. ;)
    Nope, I don't think Hendra looks like Eng Hian? Dunno if he was tired, but he didn't go to party with us the night before. :rolleyes:

#105 yannie, Dec 31, 2006
  6. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    heya yannie no pic of cai/fu with u? u didn't hang out with them? thats unusual! hehe;)

7. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Of course I did hang out with all Chinese players as well. The Chinese official took many many pics.. of all of us.
    Zhao Ting Ting is the sweetest Chinese lady's player ever. :D ;) :p

#107 yannie, Dec 31, 2006
  8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for sharing a bit more of your experience..

..Flandy *should* be able to converse well in English(as he spent a few yrs in England with Eng Hian)..;)
    ..sounds like you guys had a lot of fun...too much fun, i would imagine..hehe:rolleyes: :D ;) :cool:
    Btw, hmm, you understand/speak Indonesian & Javanese also, yannie??..You're not Indonesian all this time, are you??..hehehe:rolleyes: :p :D ;)

#108 ctjcad, Dec 31, 2006
  9. yannie

yannie Regular Member

No, I'm Chinese..!!!
    Flandy.. Yeah, that's right. Now Joko wants to learn English too.. HAHAHAHAHA.
    We had too much fun, so many great and weird things happened. Don't know why we fooled around this much..
    Dec 26: Had dinner with all Chinese, Malaysian and Indonesian players.. then played in Tivoli with Chinese players.
    Dec 27: Had dinner with all Indonesian players in an Indonesian restaurant called Lombok. Food was ok.
    Dec 28: Cafe with Indonesian players, then Blair, Flandy, Taufiq, Anne, Tarek and Yan went back to the cafe at the hotel until it closed. After that, Tarek and Yan were invited up to Simon and Flandy's room.. Fooled around until 4.30 am. Went to 7-11, bought some croissants. Then fooled around again..
    Dec 29: All finished, went to Zhao Ting Ting's room. Cai/Fu's room. Choong Hann's room. Afterwards, went have dinner at the hotel restaurant. After dinner, we went to Hard Rock cafe and Rosie McGee's. Everyone drank alcohol and danced a lot.
    Dec 30: All of us back to the hotel at 3 am. Yan and Joko talked until 7.30 am. FAINT! 8.30 am, Tarek, Tarek's sister and Yan left the hotel. Malaysian and Chinese players went to the airport in the morning.
    4 pm, Yan went to say bye to all Indonesian players. CRY!!!

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Too much fun..*sigh*..

i see, i see...hmm, i believe this is Flandy's 2nd or 3rd straight "tour of duty" in Copenhagen Masters(last yr he went with Alvent, and if i'm not mistaken he went the yr before with EngHian)..:rolleyes: ;) ..Were you there last yr also, yannie??..:)
    YEP, those experiences summed it up-ie. eating, playing around, then eating again, then fooling around, then drank & danced(btw, did you drink??what's the drinking age in DEN??)...hehe:p ;):D ..
    It's okay yannie, don't have to cry...like they often say, there's always next yr.;) .Maybe next yr more of their compatriots will consider coming to the CM, considering they'll share a lot of good times with our own hostess, yannie..hehe;):D;)
    Btw, any more pictures to share with us, young lady??..hehe;) :cool:

11. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Yeah, you are right. In 2004 Flandy played in CPH Masters with Eng Hian, in 2005 with Alvent, and in 2006 with Vita. Yup, I was there last year as well, but didn't hang out with them..
    Yup, we were totally crazy compared to last year's Masters hahahaha..
    No no, just kidding, I don't cry. But it was a bit sad, they turned around and waved until I couldn't see them anymore. :( Chinese and Indonesian players were like.. Are you coming to Malaysian Open??? But I said nope, maybe coming to WC in KL in August, still long time to go. :crying:
    Yeah, check my FS.

#111 yannie, Dec 31, 2006
  12. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

OMG ! YanYan don't bring back all those memories ... want to cry now ahahhahah
    Such a great, strange , weird week !!! so many things happened ..
    indonesian players so gendeng .. right yanyan ? :D :D
    Poor Simon .. we didn't let him sleep, and flandy .. so funny yanyan gendeng about 200 times per hour ! :D :D
    Rosie Mcgee's ... everybody was drunk O_O (at least not me ahahha)
    well .. great great great week ^^
    at least now we speak indonesian and javanese ! ahahhaha

13. Smoeller

Smoeller New Member

Flandy.. Yeah, that's right. Now Joko wants to learn English too.. HAHAHAHAHA.
    We had too much fun, so many great and weird things happened. Don't know why we fooled around this much..
    Dec 26: Had dinner with all Chinese, Malaysian and Indonesian players.. then played in Tivoli with Chinese players.
    Dec 27: Had dinner with all Indonesian players in an Indonesian restaurant called Lombok. Food was ok.
    Dec 28: Cafe with Indonesian players, then Blair, Flandy, Taufiq, Anne, Tarek and Yan went back to the cafe at the hotel until it closed. After that, Tarek and Yan were invited up to Simon and Flandy's room.. Fooled around until 4.30 am. Went to 7-11, bought some croissants. Then fooled around again..
    Dec 29: All finished, went to Zhao Ting Ting's room. Cai/Fu's room. Choong Hann's room. Afterwards, went have dinner at the hotel restaurant. After dinner, we went to Hard Rock cafe and Rosie McGee's. Everyone drank alcohol and danced a lot.
    Dec 30: All of us back to the hotel at 3 am. Yan and Joko talked until 7.30 am. FAINT! 8.30 am, Tarek, Tarek's sister and Yan left the hotel. Malaysian and Chinese players went to the airport in the morning.
    4 pm, Yan went to say bye to all Indonesian players. CRY!!![/quote]

Were at the CM too, thursday, but wasn't as fortunated as you to get the chance talking with all the players.. Is this something you do every year?
    By the way great photo:)
    Do you also talk to the players when you're not at the tournaments with them?

14. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Oh yeah? Did you see me, Tarek, Anne???
    Yeah Anne and Yan do it every year, for Denmark Open as well.. We're helpers, journalists and LOs.. All in one.
    Yeah, I also talk/chat with the players.. when they're not in Denmark.. :D Still keep in contact..

15. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

are they really that down-to-earth? it seems so easy to approach them. does flashing your 'credentials' make things easier?

16. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Oh my god, faint!!! I think most people won't understand how weird and funny Copenhagen Masters had been for us. I told Erin already, but she just.. "Oh, okay.."

Indonesian players are hopelessly gendeng.. Flandy called me "Yan Yan GenDENG" about 200 times per hour!!! Then you all repeated "Yan Yan Gendeng".. ANGRY!!! Sometimes they said Yan Yan Cantik too HAHAHAHAHAHA..

Tarek, when I was at the airport with them.. Flandy said.. "Yan Yan apa?".. I said "Just Yan Yan".. then he "NOOO, Yan Yan GENDENG!!!!!" Everyone laughed.. Then he asked.. "Joko what??? Joko BODOH".. HAHAHAHA..

Yeah, Simon.. we didn't let him sleep at all.. "sori sori" hahahahahahaha.. He was so funny..

And Flandy said Tarek looks like Malaysian - same face, but in fact he's from Marocco/France. OMG.. We even called TAUFIK HIDAYAT aka UCIL.. and heard his voice.. HAHAHAHAHAHA..

Yeah.. Anne said I was quite drunk that night.. Hahahahaha.. but how come me and Joko went crazy.. went to 7-11 to buy water and orange juice, then just talked until 7.30 am in the morning??? Not tired at all.

They tried to teach us so many words.. Then Robert Blair was like "I'm lost, why Indonesians have so many words for stupid, ugly, crazy" HAHAHAHAHA..

17. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Not really.. I know them from Denmark Open 2006 already, and last year's CPH Masters.
    At first, they weren't confident enough to speak in English.. hahaha.. but later was ok.. MUCH more talkative once I got to know them.. At the end, they kept yapping all the time. Sometimes used Camus *_*

18. Smoeller

Smoeller New Member

Yeah, think i saw you and Tark.. if you were down where all the players are? anne? not sure who she is(i'm pretty new in this forum)
    Actually i talked to someone from Indonesia shortly on my way home.. It was because I would have like to have Santoso's t-shirt.. It would be nice/cool to have the t-shirt of an upcomming stars..;) but i don't know his name.. he was with flandy?

Nice that you stay in touch with them:)

Okay, but how did you get that job, if you don't mind me asking?
    when are you going to your next tournament then?

19. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

thanks..... so, they are approachable, but it depends on whether one has the guts to start a conversation?

20. yannie

yannie Regular Member

we're LOs, so sure they will talk with us.