Copenhagen Masters 2004

Discussion in 'Copenhagen Masters 2004' started by yvonneak, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhchuah

mhchuah Regular Member

Anyone know time different between Denmark and Malaysia ????

Anyone know time different between Denmark and Malaysia ????

2. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Final Live on Astro's Super Sports

Astro's SuperSports Ch80 is going to broadcast the Copenhagan Master Final in Dec 30th, 9:00pm.

3. A fan

A fan Regular Member

Engineer
  4. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Those who don't care for this tournament shouldn't care for this thread either.

As for selection of players, no one should question it. The size of audience and interest in the event vindicates the organisers.

I believe the players themselves do as best as they can. As professionals there is no letting up even in an invitational.

5. Morten

Morten Regular Member

I agree with the post above those who doesn't care for this tournament should keep their mouth shut.. and the US Open isn't known for having the best participants so CTJCAD it seems your havent figured out the level of play in this tournament.. Why doing it for the money. The money price in this tournament is extremely low, they do it because they love their sport and thats what makes them motivated... If the shuttlers were playing for money they should have chosen another sport, perhaps soccer or golf because if you havent noticed there isnt a lot of money in badminton. ;)

6. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

too bad Taufik lost to Choong...
    and it's straight set

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

"and the US Open isn't known for having the best participants so CTJCAD it seems your havent figured out the level of play in this tournament". True the US Open doesn't attract top-level players, thus there is not much competition, but I've seen Gade played there before against Rasmussen which recently played there. Add to that Tony Gunawan(i hope you know who he is) has been playing and winning there the last 4 yrs and Halim Haryanto played there this past U.S. Open. You don't have to tell me i have to watch the CMI to "figure out the level of play"..

"Why doing it for the money. The money price in this tournament is extremely low, they do it because they love their sport and thats what makes them motivated" I know it's low, it's almost like a 1* tournament money(aoround $50,000). If indeed "they love their sport and that's what makes the motivated", then I hope next year the Copenhagen Masters should not give any money for prizes, how's that??. Might as well not sponsor any Asian players to come either and let's see if it still can live up to its billing..

"If the shuttlers were playing for money they should have chosen another sport, perhaps soccer or golf because if you havent noticed there isnt a lot of money in badminton"..Hmm, i wish there is an English translation of the article which mentioned why Flandy/Eng Hian and probably Taufik is going, just to show there is more than what you might think..

Last, it's not that I care so much about this CMI that i keep on responding here, i'm just backing up my arguments in response to your arguments..Pardon if my posts might sound "offensive" to some of you guys in here..

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

"Those who don't care for this tournament shouldn't care for this thread either." This thread has scores and updates of matches, with this little argument snipped in here and there to add variety. Hope when this CMI is over this talk will end as well.. :)

"As for selection of players, no one should question it. The size of audience and interest in the event vindicates the organisers" Sure it vindicates the organizers, add to that some money as prizes behind it. I wonder what would happen if there was NO Money involved, no sponsorship for the players coming in, no compensation or anything...Do you know why they sponsor all the players, give them compensation money just for participating???..

"I believe the players themselves do as best as they can. As professionals there is no letting up even in an invitational.". Hmm, how do you prove this??I know it could be a mere coincidence, but Taufik losing in straight sets in less than 40 min. to WCH, playing only 6 minutes in the 1st set???...

9. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    None can prove or disprove that the players do or do not give 100%

Neither can we comment about the quality of the event.

In MS we have the current Olympic champion, the current world champion, the runner up in the last WC, the Only players to have taken Lin dan to three games or beaten him in the past year (aprt from Susilo/bao both of which are inconsistent)

In XD we have the top 3 pairs in the world!

MD has the no1 pair and AE champions.

I dont see the problem, I cant see why the discussion even suggested a poor field, and their is another thread for todays results.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.