Control Racket Recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Frozonic, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Frozonic

Frozonic New Member

Hi, I am a casual player who plays once a week. I used to play quite often but i have stopped for quite some time. Now, my racket is 10 years old and I wanna change to a new racket.

I am an aggresive smasher but since I have loads of power, I think its better for me to have a control racket to be able to place my shots more accurately? I like to do the occasional drop shots too but i enjoy smashing the most but i have problems placing shots accurately.

Since I am a casual player, I would like for the racket to be durable and ideally, my budget is around $100-150? I have no clue as to what model is even good right now so would appreciate any help. I am fine with any brands. Thank you

2. Frozonic

Frozonic New Member

Actually, it doesn't have to be a control racket, i just thought a control one would suit what i want. Have not much clue though

3. Driger1

Driger1 Regular Member

Hi there,

For control I'll take a look at the Yonex Arcsaber series

Basically an even balanced racket within your budget range will do good.

You can try do some research within this forums to actually see what you're looking for.

I cant exactly tell you what wi

Sent from my SM-A325F using Tapatalk

Frozonic likes this.
  4. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

If to mainly plays doubles I would suggest Victor Auraspeed 100X. imo, the best combination of all speed,control and power. You might have to sacrifice some of the power in your smashes but its enough to put points on the board and pressure ur opponent for a net kill and mid court kill. The racket is super easy to play with backcourt clears are super effortless and drop shots are sharp when you timed it right. Drives are where this racket excels, fast drives and defense are super easy.

A cheaper option would be one of the Arcsabers like Driger1 suggests above.

Againzt and Frozonic like this.
  5. Againzt

Againzt Regular Member

6. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

No idea on $ prices, but you can look out for Yonex Arcsaber 11. You could also ask people you play with about their racquets and if they are any good (if they are nice they might let you borrow it for a game). There's also Duora range, Astrox / Voltrik and Nanoflare / Nanoray.

Out of Yonex, LiNing, Victor and other racquets i've only ever ended up using Yonex ones personally.

If you have the time, you could get a friend or coach to help you practice your accuracy. Put some kindof marker or box where you are trying to aim and simulate a situation where you would play the shot and see how accurate you can hit it.

A simple way for backhand lifts is to aim for the back line / back corner and have someone feed you 10 shuttles. Do your footwork, hit the shuttle and recover back to the start point. You'd get 1 point for each shuttle in the back of the court and 3 points for a shuttle in the corner box.