Congratulations to China`s badminton team

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by george@chongwei, May 18, 2008.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

congratulations to china`s mens and women`s team..:):)for winning the thomas and uber cup respectively..:rolleyes:;):p
    after months and months and months of guessing who`s gonna win the thomas and uber cup, at last, we get to know the answers...;):rolleyes::D

#1 george@chongwei, May 18, 2008
    Last edited: May 18, 2008
  2. BMcentral

BMcentral Regular Member

we already know the answer long before the game, it's just that we hope miracle can happend and someone can sent CHN packing early.

3. indra

indra Regular Member

yes...big congratulations to China!!!

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    We really did not... Even though CHN is the favourites both MAS and KOR was no easy wins for CHN.. IF we only switch 28-26 to 26-28 in the first game between bao and LHY.. it may have been a different match altogether :)

/T

5. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Good job for China, I never expected Guo Zhendong and Xie Zhongbo to win but they did it.

I bet CY must be feeling bitter for not able to become the hero of the night. Poor CY. :p

6. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    TC cannot be won based on only either the outstanding MS or MD. China proved it again that a well balance MS and MD team is essential to win TC. Their MD deliver it says a lot about that.

7. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

I'd say China can win the TC based on their outstanding MS alone.
    Their MS and MD wasn't that balance anyway, based on world ranking, or past records.

Anyway a good final presented by team China.
    Bao suddenly shows that he shall not be left out as the contenders of the Beijing Gold medal. LD should really watch him out beside LCW and LHI.

#7 V3i HoN6, May 18, 2008
  8. BMcentral

BMcentral Regular Member

Nah...bao bao is the one that's having a bitter day

IF CY/FHF won their MD against, KOR, guess who will be the one that seal the fate of the KOR team?

9. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

We WON! :D But still, I have to admit that it was a hard fight. Each country fought hard and well. Congratulations!

10. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Hehehe congratulations China.... CY/FHF's loss was just a minor blip in the radar!
    Like I said, I never had any doubts at all!

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I honestly thought FHF/CY's loss was going to the turning point of the encounter. Bao stepped up big time and rescued the tie for CHN. As for Xie/Guo, especially Xie, they restored their faith in LYB selecting them after a poor showing in the SF.

As for the women, the NED scare will probably necessitate changes in the WS area with probably Wang Yihan getting more exposure. I'm afraid Jiang might get left behind in the shuffle.

CONGRATS CHN

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    For months, every other power houses' MDs are given free pts as even Fu/Cai are not that sharp these days. However, both in SF and Final, the CHN MD took the "sure point" from MAS & KOR, even after their own sure point LD lost in SF. Now, consider it's a good news for CHN, but rather a bad one for the rest.

The only warning is the CHN women team. Right now, they can still win fairly easily, but the "no way to lose" domination is slowly fading away. After OG, time to give more chances for young guns such as Wang Yihan, Wang Lin etc. However, with its rich history, I can see the new "4 golden flower" is in progress again. ;)

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Wang Yihan, yes. Wang Lin, no. Jiang is still better than Wang Lin. For some unfathomable reason, Wang Lin's badminton career has stalled.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it is good that LD had figured out how to beat PSH and erased any apprehension going into the OG. BCL also shown much gained experience and maturity since 2004 OG, and should also have the ability to take down PSH and LCW. LYB now should focus to expand cy/fhf game play dimension(as noted by jamesd20) and the second XD pair.

#14 cooler, May 18, 2008
  15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Nah.. Bao Just won becuase he got a new racket :p (just joking, But it was fun to see him use the arc-10)

/Twobeer

16. chgoh25

chgoh25 Regular Member

congratulations!!

17. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    congratulations China team. :) it was a hard fought game all around. i have to say China deserved the win. Kudos to other teams for putting up a good fight though. :)

18. Kuan Ye

Kuan Ye Regular Member

Yea...Congratz to China! It was a hard fought this time...but they did it...
    Win it in a sensational way...^^

19. victory

victory Regular Member

China badminton team shows they are still the best! Congratulation to them! I am extremely impressed with Bao's performance through out the matches.Some of his strokes are simply unbelievable. Also second MD has improved. Their win over korean second double is a big surprise to me. Even the commentator at ASTRO channel 816 bet on the korean at the beginning of the match.

Also, Congratulation to Korean and Malaysian for giving a good fight. Korean team is on the rise.Their team is still young and has a lot of upward potential. MAS team obviously need to bring up more young men single players. And they need to solve KKK/TBH problems. They are so talented but they have problems and they are struggling. We can't deny that.Positive side is Zakry and Tazari have been given the " baptism of fire" and they pass with flying colour!

Indonesian have good team, just too bad they did not perform good enough to lose out 0-3. They have young up coming players like Tomy, Simon and even Kurniawan.

OOh hoo I love badminton, Thomas cup and Uber cup! See you nest time!

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Congrats to China for bagging both the Uber & Thomas Cups.

And credit to LYB for running a tight ship.