Congragulation Nguyen Tien Minh

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by hungle, Jan 21, 2010.

1. dood1234

dood1234 Regular Member

I just finished watching the game and it seems like Bao wasn't feeling well. Throughout the first half of game #1, Bao did not smash much, just a lot of drops and clears. As the game went on he smashed a little more but only using half-smashes. In the second set, we can clearly see Bao's advantages over NTM when he started smashing a more and harder and also more importantly, he was injecting the pace more and controlling the game to his tempo. NTM could not cope with it which explains why he only got 12 from Bao. Third game, NTM was fired up and went all out. I guess Bao couldn't continue this pace and did not want to continue and risk a major injury so he retired at the half-point interval.

During the whole game, Bao was very efficient with his footwork, rarely moving more than 1 or 2 steps while NTM ran all over the place. Bao has better net game and better angles when he decided to attack. If it wasn't for his stamina and determination, NTM wouldn't get more than 12 points in the first set.

Minh needs to develop better net game; his drops needs to be closer and he has to take the shot earlier. Often, he catches the bird low and sometimes late. And he has to do more re-drops/net-drops, and stand his ground to pounce on the re-drops from his opponent instead of backing up. Lastly, he shouldn't attack on every shot and learn to set himself up more and wait for a better chance to inject the pace like Lin Dan. He did too many over the head-smashes that was too flat and didn't really do any damage.

Anyhow, NTM needs to improve in these areas before he can be a consistent threat to top-tier players. Only then we can start thinking about become top 5 and winning Super Series or dream about winning All England or World Championships.

One thing that he has that is very crucial is that he never gives up. And for that I really like him and support him as he gives Vietnamese fans something to hope for!

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

ntm's road in mas open ended just now in the ends of lcw.

lcw was too hot for ntm to handle:p
    anyway, a semi final is quite a good achievement already for nguyen;)

btw, today his coach was not there to guide him in his match.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i am disapointed with ntm performance:crying:
    he should win a set from lcw:(

4. hadokenuh

hadokenuh Regular Member

I like your analysis very much!

Yeah, he should've won the 1st set if the line judges hadn't been too favored LCW. But I am not starting any forum flame :) NTM lost to WR#1 so there is nothing too sad about it. It've been nice if he won though.

Looks like LCW is going to take the title this year. Congrats!

He was never with his coach the entire tournament. The lady is more like his mentor ... *sigh*

#44 hadokenuh, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  5. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Is that true? Did the line judges show extremely obvious favouritism that might cost NTM the first set? :( If so, I am disappointed with the line judges too. Good work for NTM for bringing LCW to 20-22 though, hope to see him strike big and win an SS title one day.
    LCW has not won yet, Boonsak might be the final banana skin...:p

6. wickeddrop

wickeddrop Regular Member

Although i havent seen the game...i really hope the linesmen didnt favor LCW, he already has the home court advantage and judging by the score, im pretty sure NTM gave him all that he could handle. NTM is on the cusp of winning his first SS title...hopefully it will be this year.