[Comparison] Meteor x80 | Brave Sword 10 | Brave Sword 11

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ioxyg3n520, Mar 5, 2012.

1. ioxyg3n520

ioxyg3n520 Regular Member

Hi. For those of you who have previously used the Meteor x80, Brave Sword 10 and Brave Sword 11, which one of these rackets do you believe is better and why? Also, which one is harder to maneuver and produces more power? (3U)

THank you!!!

2. meteor

meteor Regular Member

I have mx80 and bs10 (broken). Both are great rackets. BS10 has faster swing (blade frame section) and MX80 more power but still, a fast swing (octogonal frame section). I also have vt80 and find mx80 at least as powerful.

3. meteor

meteor Regular Member

and by the way, there are bs10 and mx80 threads - very informative, worth a look :)

4. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

depends what u like

i prefer mx80

5. ioxyg3n520

Hmm thanks! Can anyone do a comparison between the 3U BS11 and the 3U MX80? Would very much appreciate it!

6. ioxyg3n520

Sorry I meant the 3U BS10 and the 3U MX80.

7. slice99

slice99 Regular Member

I currently use BS10 as my main racquet and had a chance to try a MX80 few days ago. Both very stiff, but mx80 is more headheavy so i thought it was pretty hard to play with it. Maybe just some timing issues... or maybe the fact that it is very demanding to use the full power of the racquet without hurting your shoulder :p BS10 is an amazing fast racquet so im gonna stick with it :)

8. ioxyg3n520

Hi. So I have decided to buy a MX80. But one thing is, I like how people say that the 3U MX80 only has a BP of about 290-294 which is perfect for me. However, I wanted a lighter racket so I was deciding to get a 4U MX80, but would a 4U increase the BP to like 297-305 or something? I really hope not, because I find my 4U VT80 very demanding. (my 4U VT80 with strings/supergrap weighs 91-92grams.)

9. hadokenuh

hadokenuh Regular Member

I've tried a 4U MX80 and felt it was pretty light. Definitely fell lighter than a VT80 4U. I also tried a 3U MX80, although the weight was good, it was too stiff for me.

I currently play with a 3U BS12 and really like it. It's a bit lack of power from backcourt smashing though. Other than that, everything else is great. I am looking to get a BS LYD as an upgrade.

10. Krunc

Krunc Regular Member

In terms of skill I'm between a beginner and intermediate using a Voltric 5, I like to smash and am generally offensive oriented. I can't decide between these 2 rackets as an upgrade because:
    1. I don't know if I'm skilled enough to handle the MX80's stiffness. FYI I've been able to get decent smashes with my VT5 strung with BG80 at 24lbs tension
    2. I think a more balanced racket like a Bravesword 10 will help other aspects of my game such as control and accuracy. Also because it's lighter, it should be more forgiving.

One of these days I hope to buy a VT 80 when I feel I'm ready for it.

11. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    As a user of the BS10 for nearly 3 years and MX80 for more than 1 1/2 year, I can share my impressions.

About me: I mostly plax MD and XD. I'm comfortable to be the backcourt player. I'm stronger at the back, but can work as frontplayer for sure. Rarely I play MS.

First Impressions

My MX80's and BS10's are at the exactly same weight with same setup. So there is no difference.
    Both rackets feel stiff, but the Mx80 feels a bit stiffer. I would state the MX80 as slightly to moderate headheavy and the BS as even to a tiny bit headheavy. By dry swinging the BS10 can be swing a bit faster.

During games

Both rackets are powerful. IMO the MX80 is a bit more powerful. I can generated strong smashs, but I'm use to stiff rackets. If you are not used to such stiffness, maybe the BS11 is the better option. In terms of control both rackets are equally. For me there is no noticeable difference.
    For me it's easier to generate wrist smashs with the BS10. Drop shots are easy and clears where effortless.
    At the net both performs well but BS is at better pace and deseptive shots. Forehand and Backhand netkill is easy.
    Defense wise both rackets are fast. I wouldn't mention the MX80 as a slow racket, but IMO the BS10 is for me a better defender.
    Drives are quite powerful and easy to perform, here the BS10 shine a tiny bit more due quickness.

Conclusion

Both rackets are fast and powerful, but not easy to use if you haven't a strong wirst and fast swing. So this is necessary to get out all of them.
    Usually I use the BS10 for fast games and if my opponents are really heavy smasher or I play with a better backcourtplayer, this one is my choice. The MX 80 is my go-to for most games. Whatever. MD, XD and the rarely MS which I play. I would recommend the BS10 for controlled player with offense tendencies. The MX80 is for me racket which might suit players which are very offense orientated but don't want to suffer at defense and drive rallys.
    Why is the MX80 is currently my go-to? I'm addicted to smashing and like head heavy rackets, so this is my first choice. The tiny downside of quickness and defense is for me acceptable.

12. ariffd93

ariffd93 Regular Member

student
    Such a nice review bro, thanks

13. qwertycat

qwertycat Regular Member

I'm thinking of getting either a meteor mx80n or bravesword LYD. Could anyone give a comparison speed, power, defence, attack etc.

14. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

If the MX80N is anything like the MX80 then you should probably stick with the BSLYD. Their head heaviness is about the same, but MX80 is stiffer and just slightly less aerodynamic. My BSLYD also felt like it had a slightly smaller head size compared to the MX80, not sure if this is a general finding among BS vs MX rackets. The control and power potential is technically higher with the MX80, but even to this day MX80 is probably considered to be the stiffest racket there is. During a lot of shots, I actually had more 'feel' from the MX80 during smashes (I don't really feel it at the net) which some people like (I personally don't like this). The stiffness of the MX80 is also supposed to allow better control, but maybe it's just because I'm not that good so I couldn't tell the difference. Overall, I think I played better with the BSLYD, I think it has that perfect combo of being head heavy, and super fast frame, without being too stiff.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on the BS10 and also a similar racket like BSLHI.