Coming Back To Badminton - Racket Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Regan, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Regan

Regan New Member

Hello all,

I have been absent from the badminton community for a few years. I’ve been playing consistently again three or more times a week and will be trying some league play soon.

Anyhow, I am looking for some Yonex racket recommendations. I am in my late 20’s and have been playing badminton now for over 20 years. I’d say I am an advanced player. Any and all advice would be much appreciated.

My rackets are old now so I need a few new ones. In the past I have played the Muscle Power, ArmorTec, and Nano speed. They all seem relatively balanced. I am thinking of switching to something slightly head heavy that allows for a devastating smash.

A bit about my play style. I regularly play singles. I am a strong player with a heavy smash. I have no problem generating power on any of my shots and am actually finding it hard to keep the shuttle in currently. I either hit the back line or put it out. I can easily clear the shuttle from back court to back court with my forehand or backhand and still put the shuttle out. My favourite shots to hit are smashes down the lines, back hand drop shots or very tight cross court net shots. The smash is definitely my best shot however. I’m currently looking at the Astro series.

I would appreciate any advice on strings or rackets. Thank you to everyone in advance. Cheers :)