Cocktail talks for Msia Open Super Series

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by jimbo, Dec 21, 2010.

1. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LOL TAK BOLEH... LOL

Rexy will lose his sleep tonite... MAS No.1 pair lost to CHN No.x pair (not sure about their ranking in CHN)

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Even after Koo slims down a bit and Tan vows to start the new year with a title, the end result is still TAK BOLEH.

Or....the MAS players had too much "cocktail talks" before their matches, so ended up TAK BOLEH.

#102 badMania, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  3. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

aiya... they wanna go Batu Caves to celebrate Thaipusam... boleh?

4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    MAS has 5 entries left going into 2nd round...prolly 2 left in QF, not sure to laugh:D or cry:crying:

#104 OneToughBirdie, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Quotes taken from the press, before the MAS SS began....u know lah...the cocktail talks :p
    Mohd Hafiz Hashim
    Hafiz is determined to clear his opening round match on Wednesday against Chen Long

It is an unkind draw but one that I am not too worried about. Chen Long lost to Peter Gade Christensen (of Denmark) in the recent Masters Finals. I have beaten him once at the India Open (2009),” he said.

Elite Back-Up Players:
    Ng Chin Chai, hoped the second stringers would come good.

“Chun Seang has not recovered from his injury (foot) and had to withdraw. But we have three others in the fray and this is a good chance for them to deliver some good results,” he said.

“My focus will be on Koo-Tan. I have looked into all their mistakes and weaknesses and, this year, I am determined to get it right with them,” said Rexy.

Born in the year of the rabbit, doubles shuttler Tan Boon Heong is ready to hop over all kind of obstacles this year to nail the most elusive but prized trophy – the world title.
    The lanky shuttler from Kedah said that they were ready to strut their stuff at the the Proton Malaysia Open, which will begin on Wednesday at the Putra Stadium.
    They are the defending champions and hopes are high on them to live up to their top seeding.

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

This is actually a good suggestion...a way to "punish" those underperforming players who lack stamina or fitness to last 3-sets. Make them walk the long and hard road to Batu Caves to see if they can still BOLEH or not in the process.

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Errr, they run up & down 200+ Batu Caves steps. That's part of the training, but I reckon those under Pang do it more often.

8. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    If you all watch carefully, it's not just more coarse training,

It's their tactical plans and their mental approach towards it.

During a rally in their last few encounters

when they are in control and being controlled, you can see the difference :D

As I said, eagle money on them off this year :eek:

Unless they change and it's going to be some big change :eek:

9. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Lets get Pang Cheh Chang back...I think he makes a difference... take the WC for example..
    What is Rexy doing..?

10. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    KOO&TAN has no plan... they just play! The win solely on their physical abilities without tactics..

11. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Malaysia always did badly in MO, last year I think they had 5 or 6 representatives in the second round but I think after today it's going to be the most humiliating MO ever for MAS.

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

But still :(... maybe they need to to Great wall of china to train la:D

13. george@chongwei

Is it because of the FULL participation from the chinese team?

14. george@chongwei

I have to agree to with your 2nd sentence:D

15. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Now Hafiz wants out of BAM... why BAM not letting him go? To raise the standard of the youngsters? That is a good joke, BAM...

Hafiz: I’m leaving

MOHD Hafiz Hashim wants out of the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) to become a professional player.

And he made this shocking revelation after going down 14-21, 16-21 to Chen Long of China in the first round of the Proton Malaysia Open at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil yesterday.

The 29-year-old said that his game had stagnated and it was time to turn professional in a bid to re-ignite his chances to qualify for the London Olympics next year.

Hafiz said that he spoke to the BAM secretary, Ng Chin Chai, before Christmas last year on his intention to leave but he was talked out of it.

Hafiz, who joined the BAM in 2008, has a contract to run with the association until 2012 and he fears being slapped a ban if he chooses to leave.

“I just want to go out in a good way. The BAM told me to stay on and that was a surprise to me. Why do they still want me when I am not producing results?” he said.

“This defeat by Chen Long showed that my game has stagnated and I am going nowhere. The public already have a wrong perception of me.

“What is the point to stay in the national team when I keep losing in the early rounds. Do they still want to keep me if I lose early in the South Korea Open next week and then at the All-England?

“They told me that they need me to raise the standard of the younger players. I appreciate that they are going to fund me for 14 tournaments this year but I think it’s best that they use this money to send out the juniors.

“I am sorry but I just cannot stay in the BAM any more. I want to be free and not tied down. I have no explanation with the way I feel right now.”

Hafiz added that he had not made plans on the club he would join.

“No, I am not going back to Nusa Mahsuri. I may join KLRC or another club. I am open to opportunities, locally or abroad. What is more important is that I need a change of environment,” he said.

“I hope that the BAM will give me their blessings. I hope they will allow me to go out and play and try to qualify for the Olympics as an independent player.”

16. george@chongwei

Hey, so tonight wong mew choo boleh or not?:D

17. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

We have had enough of "cocktail" talks from the BAM... in fact, I'm kind of sick of all these "inspirations" coz obviously they are going nowhere. Hafiz has to go... for sure... boleh?

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I salute HH for his decision to leave based on the his reasons. He will gain a lot of respect.

19. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Title-holders Koo-Tan go down to new pair from China

Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong declared that they need to make a complete change in their game after being dumped in the first round of the Malaysia Open at Putra Stadium yesterday.

The duo failed in their bid to defend the title after losing 21-16, 18-21, 16-21 to China’s new pair of Hong Wei-Shen Ye in 56 minutes.

It was certainly a miserable start for Kien Keat-Boon Heong, who were determined to get off on a winning note to strengthen their position as one of the world’s best doubles players.

Two weeks ago, they had failed to reach the semi-finals of the Super Series Masters Finals in Taipei.

Kien Keat said that their game had become too predictable.

“Our opponents seem to read our game very well. They know our weaknesses and prevent us from capitalising on our strong points
    ,” said a dejected Kien Keat.

”The Chinese were excellent in their attack and they forced us to play defensively. It broke our game apart.

“We should change our game totally – from our service to smashes. We need to improvise our tactical game if we want to maintain our standards as world class players.

Kien Keat added that they can forget about winning titles if they do not make the changes.

This is really an eye opener. Boon Heong and I will have to discuss with our coach and physical trainer to look into this.”

Boon Heong echoed Kien Keat’s sentiments.

I agree with Kien Keat. We have to change our playing styles. There is no way out of this if we want to become the world number one again or if we want to win the world title.”

20. george@chongwei

Mas Chan Kwong Beng against Lee of korea;)

[video=youtube;UQ7Sk7NRQrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ7Sk7NRQrA&feature=player_embedded[/video]