coaching in uk

Discussion in 'UK' started by woop., Aug 14, 2003.

1. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    Tomsk,

How are you? have you recovered fully? It was nice meeting you and hope to meet you sometime again.

2. Jonno

Jonno Regular Member

I don't really think you let her down, remember it was tight in the first end before we came out with our 'inspired' serving to win. In the second it was close also. Either way I enjoyed the course, even if I was a bit sore the next day! :eek:

3. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    Yes, it was good fun and great games.

I heared the next one is on 31st July and 1st August in High Wycombe. Anyone going to these workshops? I'm planning to go to High Wycombe and miss the glaxo one. Still not sure.

4. Tomsk

Tomsk Regular Member

Hi Sunny - I've recvered, it was only a bit of cramp.

Not sure if I'll be able to make the High Wycombe sessions. I'm definately going to the Wigan ones though.

My lunges aren't that good. Maybe it's just 'cos I'm short so I have to stretch further which makes them appear better than they are! ;)

5. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    Hiya Tomsk, when is the wigan one? how much does it cost? do you know if there are still spaces? team trials are coming up in my local league and i could do with some intensive work after spending all summer getting fitter..

I would greatly appreciate any information

Also - do you play for a club in the MDBL? i'm looking for a club to play for, but don't really know the standard and would like to come to a club with a big membership.

Cheers,

neil

6. Tomsk

Tomsk Regular Member

The Wigan courses will be at the Robin Park Sports centre, Sat 21st and Sun 22nd August. No prices or extra details yet but see www.libauk.com for latest updates.

I currently play in the South Manchester Badminton League - http://smbl.no-ip.org/

See my other thread here - http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8190

7. skates

skates Regular Member

Designer. Also working with Lee Jae Bok promoting
    Details of the LIBA Courses to be held in Wigan are now on the LIBAUk website

http://www.libauk.com/courses.htm

The fee is £80.00 for the two days and there is an application form available to
    download and return with a deposit.

There are also details of the Weekend course being held at the Cockburn Centre, Bogmoor Place, Glasgow, G51 4TQ Contact number 0141 445 3982.

Full details of the High Wycombe and Cambridge courses will be on the site shortly

#47 skates, Jul 18, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2004
  8. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    The Glasgow course will go ahead at the price of £45 per person per day.

After that I'm hoping there will be a contingent of LJB workshop players going to the Dutchy of Cornwall in September. :D

So Sunny, Skates, Batgirl, Jonno and Mr Starface get that training started...I think Matt might have the slight edge......only slight mind :D

#48 Dill, Jul 24, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2004
  9. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    I really need to get fit. Since the last workshop at littleport I haven't played or practised anything that lee teached us. I'm back to square one and need to start all over again next week in High Wycombe.

me(sunny), skates and matt have plans for Cornwall but don't know about Jonno and Batgirl. I haven't spoke with richard, another LJB student about Cornwall. He may be interested as well. It will be really nice to have BFers and LJB's students getting together in Cornwall.

How about you dill? have you got any plans for cornwall? go on mate give it a shot. It will be fun :)

10. Dill

Dill Regular Member

I plan to put on a hitting display of my own ;)

In other words I'll probably only get 2 games, I'll probably play singles on the Saturday and then play in the plate event so 2 games is about my limit. :(

I'm still trying to con **cough cough** persuade someone to play in the doubles so I can make a weekend of it.

11. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    Dill, I was planning to put on that hitting display. I will play singles on saturday and then play the plate event. A total of 2 games. If we get to play against each other in the singles then it will be more then 2 games for you mate 'cos I don't think I can't get past the first round in the main and plate event but I'm planning to give my best though. :)

12. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Highly unlikely Sunny, if you are not known then you are usually drawn against the seeded players :( There's more of a chance one of us would be getting drawn against the no 1.

There is little or no chance of being drawn against anyone who is of the same standard, thats the thing I hate about actual knock out competitions, they are very one sided until you are good enough to get to the latter stages.

I played my first and last as an 18 year old when I was drawn against Anthony Clark in the first round of one and was whitewashed 15-2, 15-2.

13. BatGirl

BatGirl Regular Member

Embedded software engineer
    Oh, I hadn't heard anything about the Duchy of Cornwall. It sounds very daunting to me though - I've never played on a circuit and my standard would be way too low!

I have been playing badminton feverishly since the Littleport workshops though, and trying hard to apply some of the things that LJB showed us, but I think it's going to be a long process! I need to improve my fitness as well, sunny!

I don't think I can make either High Wycombe weekends, sadly, due to prior commitments, but I'm trying to rearrange what I can, and still really hope to get to *something* before LJB returns to Korea! I'll be very envious of you all next weekend if I can't join you... [​IMG]

14. Albert

Albert Regular Member

Hello guys,

I have been quiet I know. Been busy. But still feverishly trying to improve my game play. I am thinking of going to the LIBA organised workshop on the 14th and 15th in glasgow. I believed Skates and Dill have some info on that? kindly advise. I am just thinking of attending one of the two days. Is that ok? And i am not sure my level is that good...will it benefit me?

:) questions questions.....

15. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Albert are you the same one that sent me an e-mail, Dundee?

I have sent you a mail about the updated pricing so let me know. Any info about the courses just read through this thread and the one on "my experience in LIBA" should be one or two below this one in the UK forum

#55 Dill, Jul 26, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2004
  16. Albert

Albert Regular Member

ahahahah..

I should have known. Silly me for not checking in the forum first. Should have known such events would not been possible without Bfers...

Imagine my surprise when the guy I have been emailling a lot on this (Steve) is actually Skates. And now Phil=Dill?!

Okok...Yes..I am the same ALbert from Dundee. I actually replied your email Dill. And sent a PM to you without realising you are the same person!

and yes...sign me up!! weeeeeeeeeee.....Is anyone else going? is anyone else going? (hops up and down) :p