Coaching in Toronto...

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by bigredlemon, Mar 14, 2003.

1. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    NO, BUT MY CLUBS BETTER THAN YOURS!!!

Uhmm ... why have a turf war? Badminton's so underexposed, right now, in North America, that the more clubs/groups/people, the better.

-dave

2. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    I don't think this is turning into a war, but rather a comparison between two clubs o_O.
    Well to me it's better to have these discussions so we know where to go...

3. BethuneGuy

BethuneGuy Regular Member

Student
    Not to promote or anytihng... But Mandarin has some kickass players ;)

(mainly the 11 year olds)

4. Jus_anothr_grl

Jus_anothr_grl Regular Member

student
    That's right! I'm definitely "feeling" BethuneGuy's post. ;) I think it's better to have strong U12's and U10's rather than strong U19's because the U19's are going to be gone in a year or two while the U12's and U10's have a long way to go.

5. dex

dex Regular Member

Student

It's better to have top-ranked players in each age category!

6. BethuneGuy

BethuneGuy Regular Member

Student
    Damn, I'm really feeling that. Not that the U 19 is bad, since we have players making it to the semis in the Nationals, runner-up in OFSSA, strong finishes in tournaments, etc etc. OK, I'll stop advertising.

7. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    I just got back from Lee's promotion thingie at market village. They set up this place in the middle of no where and sell stuff lol. My first time holding a Nanospeed 7000 *drools*

And man, Amortec 300 is $140... That's the exact same price I got my MP30 for...

8. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    just a note.... the idea: "since club a has x number of national champions, and club b doesn't, club a must be better" is absolutely absurd...

why do you think they are national champions? the answer, obviously, is that they worked very very hard.

So what does THEIR effort, have to do with you? While i will grant that perhaps in some places they train harder than others, that doesn't mean that you will improve along with them....and perhaps their style of coaching might not be one that suits you

you could have the most expensive, and most qualified coach in the world.. doesn't mean you will be champion of ANYTHING....

if the above logic was correct, then how come NO country in the world has ALL it's players on top??? i don't see 100 asian players in the top 100 of anything, nor do i see 100 european players in the top 100, nor any other country/continent.... by the logic presented above, surely ONE country should dominate the world right??

makes you wonder why :rolleyes:

regardless of potential or where you train, there must be desire....

my advice is to look around, find a place that you like, and train your little heart out.... :D

9. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    Here's my opinion on this....

If club a has more national players.... People might think that is a better club. Interms of better coaching and facilities. If you're spending hundreds of dollars for 3 months, you would want to find the best club so it doesn't waste your money right? In my opinion, that is why I think people look at a club's national players...
    ........:rolleyes:

10. Jus_anothr_grl

Jus_anothr_grl Regular Member

student

It doesn't matter how many national players there are in the club. It shouldn't matter about what people think of the club. What if a club is filled with national level players yet the club's notorious for cheating, mistreatment of the players, bribing other players from clubs to join them and many more immoral acts. Yet, the general public doesn't know about this and believe that the club is outstanding and is the best plainly because they have the most national players. Would u still go there just cause of the amount of national players?

And Nanashi's right. Just because a club has national players doesn't garuntee anything about you in general. If you don't work hard, there's nothing much that the club can do for you. And you said you went to Bayview S.S. I suggest you go around looking for a certain Gr. 12 male badminton national player and asking him about where he plays, how much he trains...etc.

11. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    I'm not saying I would base a club buy the amount of national players... I'm just saying some people think that way...

12. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    Jus_anothr_grl: Get mature! This is a commercial war! I hope you're not talking for Mandarin Club because they do bribe other players from other club by offering free membership, training to China and big $ prize for winners of their own tourney! And Nanashi's right, I have to agree with what he says....a player should train hard inorder to get results.....but without good coaching program, you're just a cow working on the field for your whole life! Waste of time!

13. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    Without good coaching, for sure you won't get anywhere. I agree with that.

But I think other clubs are cheap too lol.... They have ways to get members.
    Trust me there's bribes in other clubs too, I've been to one today :D.