ClearOne Thansksgiving Junior B 2006 - Open & 40+

Discussion in 'ClearOne Badminton Centre' started by badelbow, Aug 19, 2006.

1. badelbow

badelbow Regular Member

October 7 - 8 - 9 - Saturday - Sunday - Monday
    U10 - U12 - U14 - U16 - U19 - Open & 40+
    Rally Point scoring system in effect.:eek:
    Entry form atteched.
    Deadline: September 20, 2006 Wednesday!!
    See you all there!!

Attached Files:

2. wing-omega5-0

wing-omega5-0 Regular Member

Student(uni)
    ooo..turkey tournament once again. maybe i'll actually get to play this year and not get injured ><"

3. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    hum im actuallyt considering this all i have to do is find a way to get there and well a place to stay, oh well ill see.

4. Ticite

Ticite Regular Member

What is BBC Associate Member Fee/Full Member Fee?

5. wing-omega5-0

Student(uni)
    to play in a badminton BC sanctioned tournament(where you can qualify for rankings and such), you need to be at least an associate member. i'm not sure what the full membership is because i never actually got around to purchasing it :D. all i know is that u get a nifty little nametag ><.

long story short, u needa be an associate member to play tournaments that r run by badmintonBC

6. badelbow

badelbow Regular Member

This annual membership fee starts every September and ends in August. This fee will provide insurance coverage for you during any BBC sanctioned tournament.
    Associate membership [$10] allows you to play all the Junior B tournaments and one A tournament during the membership year (This is according to 2005-2006 season). Any changes in the 2006-2007 season? I'm not sure.
    Full membership [$30] allows you as junior - to play in any BBC tournaments; Junior Elite and National Tournaments. As adult, it will allows you to play in BBC open tournaments, Senior Elite, Provincial and Canadian Master tournament.
    Memberships also "helps" the association to apply for government fundings to promote the sport. More funding will be given if the sports assoication has increased its memberships. With more government funding, the association will provide more programs like summer camps, traing camps etc.
    Funding is also needed to train TeamBC players to represent the province to compete in inter Provincial tournaments and Canada Winter Games.

7. wing-omega5-0

Student(uni)
    i was just told that if u play on ur skool team, ur automatically registered as an associate member but i'm not sure about this. could someone confirm it for me?

8. badelbow

badelbow Regular Member

This was proposed during last years' HS Provincial in Cranbrook. You can email to info@badminton.com to confirm.

9. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    I remember from the surrey's, that applies only if the student is representing the school, and that the school is participating in the event. If the school is not involved (ie. not a schedule event with the school athletic department), the student cannot represent the school.

however, if there was a school badminton club (ie - not the school team, but maybe an evening badminton club that uses the school and name) that has been paying dues to badminton bc and is recognized by badminton bc, the student may be covered under the club name.

#9 badrad, Aug 23, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  10. Ticite

Ticite Regular Member

If you're a member of VRC, are you a associate member?

11. badelbow

badelbow Regular Member

yes, but you must be a current member of VRC

12. badelbow

badelbow Regular Member

We added another sponsor - see revised Entry Form

We welcome THE FALLS as one of the major sponsor to the tournament.
    We have also added some more infomation onto the revised entry form.
    A general note to all Ranked Junior A players or any Junior players:- There are no restrictions for you all to play in Open Catagories :) :) :)

Attached Files:

13. K-MusclePower

K-MusclePower Regular Member

what does Junior B mean. i know junior means under 19 but what about the B does it mean intermediate and advance???

14. wing-omega5-0

Student(uni)
    the "B" is referring to the level of the tournament.

15. K-MusclePower

K-MusclePower Regular Member

so which level would that be under according to cleartwos ranking?? high performance or advance??

16. wing-omega5-0

Student(uni)
    um... a "B" level tournament could possibly have all kinds of players ranging from low level advance all the way to super elite(open category). the u19 category could be filled up with high perfs

17. xXHilikusXx

xXHilikusXx Regular Member

so let me get this straight if i went t cranbrooks i am a full memb and if i am amember at vrc i am a full memb too? ^^ yay i ahve double membs XD LET My RANK GO UP TWICE AS FAST

lol jk actually i just wanted to confirm cause i have no idea

18. wing-omega5-0

Student(uni)
    um....i think those would both give u associate memberships because only an associate membership was required for a provincial B tourny; i think the level of play of high school provincials would be the same if not a decimal point smaller then the provincial B. so i guess for that season u had a double associate membership XD.

but new associate memberships have to be purchased for this tournament. i'm not entirely sure how long the full membership lasts.

btw.."A" tournament is usually referring to those high level provincial and national level players. "B" would be anyone thats not there XD

19. xXHilikusXx

xXHilikusXx Regular Member

lol so technically saying void the school one and i still have my vrc one and i dont have to pay? rofl i dont like paying 30 dollars though it isnt mine lol ^^

emmm ill just ask one of the coaches at vrc lol if u dont know XD

20. badelbow

badelbow Regular Member

2006-2007 Membership Year: September 1 2006 - August 31 2007

Copied from BBC Website:
    Full Fee ($30)
    Designed for the badminton enthusiast, competitive player, certified coach or official who wishes to participate in Badminton BC programs and show their continuing support of the Association. Full membership is an eligibility requirement for participation in the BC Winter Games or Zone Team Championships, and all Provincial and National Championships. In addition, players must hold full membership status to be included in the junior, open and masters rankings. Badminton BC Full membership is also required for participation in all Badminton BC player, coach and official development camps and clinics. Under full membership, members receive the following benefits:​

• Coverage through Badminton BC's accident and liability insurance program;​
    • Full Membership Card;​
    • An open line of communication with the Badminton BC office;​
    • All editions of the Badminton BC Newsletter, Courtlines;​
    • If over 16 years of age, voting privileges at the Badminton BC Annual General Meeting;​
    • Access to Badminton BC's Resource Library and discounted prices on promotional clothing;​
    • Eligibility to access the services and discounts.​
    • Eligibility to enter open tournaments without having to pay a non-full member fee​
    Associate Fee ($10)

Designed for those individuals wanting to stay involved with the world of Badminton BC through its' information flow. With Badminton BC, The Associate Member receives the following benefits:
    • Coverage through Badminton BC's accident and liability insurance program;
    • An open line of communication with the Badminton BC office;
    • One Edition of the Badminton BC Newsletter, Courtlines;
    • If over 16 years of age, voting privileges at the Badminton BC Annual General Meeting;
    • Access to Badminton BC's Resource Library and discounted prices on promotional merchandise;
    • Eligibility to access the services and discounts
    • Eligibility to enter one open tournament (at your host club) without paying the non-full member fee

As for level of "A" and "B" tournaments, all you need is to paly in both a & B tiurnaments to find out. thge first A tournament will be the VRC Rememberance Day tournament. According to last years' rule: An associate membership is allowed to take part in one A tournament. (Full membership is required for all A tournaments).
    This year (2006-2007) BBC restricted most of the top (3 to 5)"A" players to play only in the "open" only. This will encourage more B (or recreational) players to play in the tournament.
    Last years' HS Provincial in Cranbrook - The top 3 teams - Hamber / VC-LFA / Burnett - have a mixture of A & B players in their team. Some of them are top in the province. Go to BBC website and click ranking to find out who is ranked and who is not.
    See you all in the tournament.......Deadline for C1 JR B is Sep 20