Clear Two-bad Service!!!

Discussion in 'ClearOne Badminton Centre' started by kitebluesky, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STRING

STRING Regular Member

By the way frendies, what does it mean??? I mean the french sentence.... I hope its not durian!!!! he!he!

2. towbsss

towbsss Regular Member

Athlete
    Oooh, so someone actually figured me out? Well, my picture is in my profile so it couldn't have been THAT hard... but unlike the rest of y'all, I have no idea who you are. Perhaps I'm at a disadvantage, but that's alright. I just wanna get a few facts straight, and since some of you know who I am, I might get some more credibility. These are my own beliefs and I'm doing this on my OWN behalf, NOT ClearOne/Two's. You'll understand why later...

[kitebluesky], it's just unfortunate that this thing happened to you. Apparently, you're probably the first person who fell into this situation and I'm sure from this point on, the situation will never happen again.

BECAUSE I AM CLEARTWO STAFF *cough*wing-omega5-0*cough*, let me give you some insight on how the group lessons work. Group lessons last usually around 7-8 sessions and repeat the week after the 8th session. I find it strange that the receptionist didn't know when the start of the new session was because the registration book is at the front desk and you can count how many lessons are left until the next session begins. Even though there may not be registration yet, you can still check and have a good approximation when the next session will start (roughly every 2 months). So maybe it was a mistake on the first receptionist's behalf, but since ClearTwo is still an upcoming business, please bare with the odd mistake.

Please remember that ClearOne/Two is the first badminton center to open in the lower mainland, so it is obvious that it will encounter more problems than any of the other upcoming centers. Since ClearOne/Two was the first, it is in essence, the model of any of the upcoming centers. Business must be good if some others feel that they want to start their own business in the same field. So, with that said, perhaps the copycat badminton centers look more professional and well done, but that's exactly it. It's simply a copycat and for the sake of their business, I hope they don't make the same mistakes as ClearOne/Two. It's never easy being the first to start something, but with some originality and creativity (and also execution), things can happen. Of course competition is a must and rival badminton centers will open, no doubt about it. Haha, but copying ClearTwo from hours of operation, style of courts, even down to the lesson names (eg. Super Elite), well, whatever... As a consumer it's your choice.

Now, after that's been said... let me address some other people here...

[wing-omega5-0], lemme guess... you're from Cambie. Haha, do you know... a Cheryl? Maybe I'll PM you about that later. Anyway, maybe you think I'm a bad coach according to your friend, well, that's your call. Have you ever had any bad teachers? Maybe they weren't really that bad, they were just strict. Maybe they just do things in ways that you don't like. Hey, it happens. Maybe you don't like the way that I teach, maybe your "individual" didn't like the way I taught? Well, that's really just personal preference. For those who don't know, I do private lessons with any level, and I coach with Darryl in the Teens Advanced groups and the High Performance groups. If there was something horribly wrong about my coaching, don't you think Darryl himself would find out?

With regards to your "ranked players", did you know many of the TOP players in BC as well as Canada train at ClearTwo? No, maybe not your average highschool badminton/"B" tournament peoples, but the "A" level Jr. and Open circuit provincially and nationally? So with regards to that statement, I find it a little... fishy? I can tell you that the coaching staff at ClearTwo is very experienced and we have coaches catered toward every level of badminton. I will not compare, however, with Richmond Pro, because they too have an experienced staff (yes, my doubles partner is over there, but hey, we still play doubles). So I dunno who your ranked players are, because I probably should know them too, shouldn't I? And since I'm a ranked player, I guess it's a fair statement when I say that the ClearTwo coaching staff is EXCELLENT. But remember, I'm not saying we're better than someone else, that's your call.

And, judging by your points made in your discussion, you simply have some hate complex toward ClearOne drop-in. I don't want to waste my time trying to argue about things that seem to only have happened to you ONCE.

To all the other people...

Thanks for your support, especially those trying to keep things neutral. Both sides have been stated, and you can simply be the judge of it.

LASTLY, so maybe I am ClearTwo staff. But here's the catch, I wasn't ALWAYS a staff member at ClearOne/Two. It's kind of a long story and I've type a bazillion words already, so let's just get to the point. I've known Darryl a long time, even before ClearOne opened. Let's say he was my coach. It's been a long time now, and he still IS my coach. He has shown dedication and support more than any other coach I know. That is why I'm still here... that is why I'm posting on this forum. I'm sure you all agree that Darryl is a good coach, so, understand that this is his business, and as his student (and now staff member), I choose to support his cause. So maybe I'm supporting him because I'm a staff member. Hmmm, but maybe I'm supporting him because he's been supporting me this long. Like it or not, it's his business and anything that affects his business will affect him directly. So yes, maybe he's my employer, but know this: Darryl is also my coach, and most of all he is a very good friend. Since I see this as a potential threat to his business, I felt I would offer my opinion because it's a little more fair when both sides of the argument are shown.

Now why don't we talk about something else, cuz there's really nothing left to say?

Peace,
    Toby

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Toby,

I find the adult class hours too short. One hour per week just doesn't cut it. The HK standard is 2 to 3 hours in one night once to twice a week. Just my opinion.

Pete

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Well C1/C2 would probably have meetings to discuss about what issues to be address and improved on to take the appropriate action(s).

#44 Matt, Jul 14, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  5. ViningWolff

ViningWolff Regular Member

Process Engineer
    I think the biggest problem Darryl faces is trying to run two centres by himself. He was ragged enough with only C1. I thought he was sorta nutz to open C2, but hey, I applaud him as I share the same passion for the sport he does. (Scary to think I first played him in U14 over 20 years ago)

Are mistakes going to be made? Certainly, you can't please everyone, but that is why it is good to see a number of places come about for people to have a choice in your area.

As for good coach/bad coach, it comes down to what you want in a coach. A "good" coach to one person can be a "bad" coach to another, it really depends on your personality and what you expect of your coach.

Hey, Toby, I wouldn't view this as so much a "threat" to the business. It is aconcern that hopefully you can take to Darryl and brain-storm a suitable system. (Something simple like a log sheet in excel works)

Cheers

Vining

6. wing-omega5-0

wing-omega5-0 Regular Member

Student(uni)
    i dont have alot of time rite now so i'll try to type fast and get down to the point. unfortunately, i cant give out the name of the individual that talked badly of c1s coaching because i didnt receive that comment directly. it came from a friend of a friend of mine, who just happens to be ranked. again, i havent experienced it head on, judging only by wut i've heard. i dont know the entire story as to why he thinks that way, but i'll be sure to find out and give u a reply if u want. the only other thing that i see isnt great about the coaching is the naming of another certain individual. i can give u HIS name via PM and why i disagree, but i cant go into detail on the forum.

as to the drop-in, it happens alot. i've never received a friendly face from one of the staff members, and almost never hear the voice of the other at first. dont get me wrong, there are some friendly staff over there, i just never see em since the only business i rly do there is drop-in.

as to how i figured u out, well i see ur screen name alot from other ppl i know. and yes, i go to cambie, yes i know cheryl, then again who doesnt XD. u can ask her who i am if u want.

7. batmanbegins

batmanbegins Regular Member

c2 closing down

Someone who works at clear 1 told me that the badminton center is closing down soon. They have problem with airconditioning that caused leakage on the roof and ceiling. the problem was not taken care of....not good service.

8. wing-omega5-0

wing-omega5-0 Regular Member

Student(uni)
    its a possibility, i saw them desperately fixing something on the roof and ceiling directly over court 3 a few months ago.

9. Softhands

Softhands Regular Member

before is leaky condo, now leaky court.....lol

10. Softhands

Softhands Regular Member

are the car-jackings and robberies news at C2 true???

11. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yes, it is however it is safer than C1. C2 being safer with the Billiards nearby making it more lit up at night.

There have been a few incidences where people were car-jacked or rob either at knife or gun point.

The problem is where C1 is located because unsuspecting people can hide in the trees and bushes where the train tracks are.

Best advise is to leave after 9pm or when it gets considerably dark.

#51 Matt, Jul 14, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  12. Softhands

Softhands Regular Member

all the badminton complexes are warehouse, and their parkings are at the back lane. I dont know how they will address this problem.

13. Softhands

Softhands Regular Member

either they have to build fences and add some lighting...

14. confuzzledfreak

confuzzledfreak Regular Member

Student
    lol
    c2 leaks too ><

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    too many multiple registrations. thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.