Clear Two-bad Service!!!

Discussion in 'ClearOne Badminton Centre' started by kitebluesky, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitebluesky

kitebluesky Regular Member

On June 5, 2006, I went to Clear Two Badminton Centre to sign-up for badminton class. The female Chinese receptionist took down my name and telephone number. She told me that I was already signed up. However, she did not know when the schedule of the class. She would just give me a call. I would only pay once I receive her call.

It has been a month, and I have not received a call from Clear-Two. I called the badminton centre and inquired the start date of the class. Iris, the receptionist, said that the class has already started on June 29. She could not find my name on the list. After conversing on the telephone for 30 minutes, she said that I was on the list. She instructed me to come in to attend the second session on July 6 from 7pm-8pm. And I should pay $99 for all sessions, including the first one I missed, even if it was their fault.

On July 6, I came to the receptionist, named Viola. Without asking for my name, she suddenly handed out someone else's credit card slip for me to sign. I put her the attention that the slip has someone else's name on it. Realizing that it was not mine, she said that they could not take me in the class because I was not on the list. But I told them that Iris, who made the mistake, told me to come. Viola still would not help me, but told me to talk to the manager. The manager will give me a call within a few days.

On July 8, the manager, Michelle, called. Without asking for my side of the story, her first statement was, "We won't take you in the class because you were not on the sign-up list." I told her the whole story. She realized that there were some parts of the story that were not told to her by her staffs.

Michelle said that her staff called me before, but I did not pick up the phone. I replied that I had a voice mail and caller ID. I did not receive any voice mail from them, nor their telephone number showed up on my caller ID. She said that I should have kept calling everyday to ask for the schedule of the class. She was RIDICULOUS! I did not believe the words coming out from a manager's mouth. She sounded so defensive and angry. It was as if she wanted to have a fight. Still, she said that they won't take me in, despite their several mistakes.

Is this the way a company solve its problems, despite its faults? The manager did not train her staffs well. Otherwise, this problem would not arise.

What would you feel on my behalf? Is there any other way where I can bring out my concern to seek for help? I hope you empathize me.

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    I'm sorry to hear of your ordeal. It's a frustrating experience to go through. Sometime all energy and effort is put into running a business that it is easy to lose focus on customer service at the front desk. It takes skill that is overlooked to keep a place running.

Hope everything turns out well for you.

-dave

3. wing-omega5-0

wing-omega5-0 Regular Member

Student(uni)
    ah....another reason for me to dislike c2...(i never liked it in the first place =D)

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Give RichmondPro Badminton Centre a call. Opening Sunday, you know :D :D

5. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    I'm surprised but if I were you, I would take it directly to Darryl. He's normally there and I'm sure he would have resolved it for you.

The proper thing to do was to have started you on the class while the whole situation is being sorted out after all there is no point in sorting it out if by the time, it was resolved, it would have been too late for you to attend the class.

6. wing-omega5-0

Student(uni)
    darryl? i caught him at aberdeen after the morning drop-in session at clearone.... "-__-

7. devilcat

devilcat Regular Member

Do you think it'll matter if this case had been taken to Darryl directly? Michelle is Darryl's wife and she's being assigned to be the manager, if C1 accepted the fact it's their fault, it means that the managment of Darryl's club is poor and Michelle is not fit to be the manager and thus her staffs' attitude is so bad. Unfortunately, most of the private club can make up their own rules. The best way is to go to another club for lessons..........

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I'm not surprised about this news about clear-two.

The was some kind of settlement against them because someone was injured there and the company did not proper business license to run the place - this lead to the victim's family to sue them. I've heard that this incident is trying to be kept quiet but just so you know it happened.

Plus C2 is not safe play at night, there have been quiet a few robberies and car-jackings.

#8 Matt, Jul 9, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  9. towbsss

towbsss Regular Member

Athlete
    Hi, sup y'all.

I'm sorry that this had to happen, but please understand that Darryl and Michelle tried to contact you. From what I know, one of the receptionists gives a call to everyone, but I hope you do not expect her to try and give you a call everyday until you pick up. A good example is registering for a course. Do you expect the professor or teaching assistant to call you to remind you to register? As with many things, registration comes on a first come first serve basis, and unfortunately, you tried to register before registration commenced. I know that this is a rare situation, but as we all know, it does happen.

There are also many receptionists who work at ClearTwo, some may have worked there for a while, and there are some newer ones. I believe there's a policy that ClearTwo isn't responsible for calling people back because it's hard to keep track everyone. However, they're available for questions, so if you weren't sure about registration, you could probably have called in and asked questions no problem.

Believe me, I know how you feel cuz I've ordered stuff from stores where they tell me they'll call back, but they never do. Sometime I may have just missed their call, sometimes they forget to call, but that doesn't stop me from calling back. Cuz you know, sometimes I decide that I don't want it anymore and since I didn't pay, I really have no obligation. But whatever the case, it's always safe to call back, right? The sooner the better too.

As with ClearTwo getting sued... man, I don't know what you're talking about... if you got stories to tell, keep them to your friends. Why are you such a hater? If your car happened to get broken into or stolen from your house, are you gonna move? Have cars been broken into at the VRC? The shopping mall? Your school?

I dunno, I just don't understand man, why you gotta spray all this hate? May I remind you, you're on the internet and behind a keyboard. Why don't you play some more badminton instead? It's just so easy to criticize something that you had no idea how hard it was to build, ya know? All it takes are a couple of rumors and comments...

Why can't we all just look on the bright side? :D

Peace. One love, don't hate.

-T

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    You know where C2 is located - unsafe security at night. I know some of the victims personally. What about the licence?

Well if you have the money to pay me per hour (to what I make at my IT job) + the gas money to come down, then I'll play more badminton.

#10 Matt, Jul 10, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  11. devilcat

devilcat Regular Member

Matt, can you please tell us exactly what happened about the person injured and the improper business license? I feel that as a consumer, we all have the right to know. thx!

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    DevilCat,
    It's was rumor going around through some who played there, but I did not look into it if it did happen.

13. devilcat

devilcat Regular Member

Thx Matt! Keep us inform!

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Regarding to the rumor, I think it's pretty serious to a business. I suggest don't spread the rumor, until the final result (the true fact) is announced in the public. Otherwise, what about the rumor is wrong? Or, the story being "twisted" from mouth to mouth, etc?

I think we as posters need to take the responsibility, especially if that related to a legit business' reputation. :cool:

15. ViningWolff

ViningWolff Regular Member

Process Engineer
    I'll probably have lunch with Darryl when I'm in Vancouver. I'll see what he has to say.

16. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Call me up when you guys have lunch :D. I might want to join in ;). Joking . . . But food is always a good idea.

17. kitebluesky

Clear 2-BAD SERVICE!!!

Again, Clear-2's phone number did not appear on my caller-ID. I have a voice mail. If ever they did call, WHY DIDN'T THEY LEAVE A VOICE MESSAGE? Should Clear-2 train this female Chinese receptionist that she should leave a voice mail in case there was no answer or there was a voice mail prompt? So, that proves that NO ONE from Clear-2 called me. To let you know again, it was this receptionist, who said that SHE WOULD CALL ME IN THE FIRST PLACE. If she did not mention about calling me, I would have called Clear-2 each day. (good customer service, ha?:D ) I hope you get my point.I believe Clear-2 did not train her not to tell customers that she would phone them. Nevertheless, I did my job to call in July because she said that the class would start sometime in July.

For your information, the receptionist did not inform me anything about registration date. Why did she sign me up before the registration started, if early registration was not allowed??????? She should have known better that I do because she is working for Clear-2? I believe Clear-2 did not train her about signing up on or before registration date.

This receptionist was the FIRST one, who made the mistake, and caused all the troubles. Succeeding problems arose and were caused by more staffs. Staffs represent Clear-2. It has to be Clear-2's (everyone including staffs, coach, management) responsibility, not only those staffs, who made the mistakes, to fix the problems TO GIVE GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE, rather than turning customers away. I just want to let you know that turning away a customer is not a good customer service, as portrayed by Mrs. Michelle Yung, even if the numerous mistakes were done by her THREE STAFFS. We can see that the staffs were not trained well by Mr. Darryl and Mrs. Michelle Yung. Both of them should hold accountable for the mistakes done by their staffs and for not traning them well. PLEASE do not blame the faults, done by her staffs, onto the customer. Aside from the FIRST MISTAKE done by this anonymous receptionist, whose name would not want to be revealed by Mrs. Michelle Yung, there are several succeeding mistakes done by her other staffs, namely Iris and Viola. How do you account for the other mistakes? Please do not try to divert the mistake to your customers to make Clear-2 and its staffs look nice. Please do not try to cover up their bad service. Their bad service can also be supported by the numerous comments expressed in this forum. You may ask them individually about their bad experiences with Clear-2. To tell you frankly, there are so many bad comments about Clear-1 and Clear-2. You just have to accept and face these facts, and improve your service, rather than denying them. No one would tell if they had not experienced bad service. Clear-2 has to improve its customer service, so that the rumors will be gone. Please do not try to argue, especially with customers as what was exemplified by the Clear-2 manager, Michelle Yung, to make yourself win. This will not help to clean up the bad name about Clear-2. Prove it in action with EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE than in defensive words. This will not help to make people believe in you.

18. wing-omega5-0

Student(uni)
    towbsss...sry but its expected from clear-1s staff to defend their business.

19. kitebluesky

Clear-2 Poor Management!!!

The receptionist said that she would let Michelle and Darryl Yung know about the problems. Unfortunately, it was Michelle Yung, the wife, who handled the case in a poor way......POOR MANAGEMENT!!!

20. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    Hello Kitebluesky, I probably shouldn't post this as I don't even live in Canada but I can't help thinking that what happened to you wasn't that bad. You wanted to register for a course but because of the incompetence of the staff there you were prevented from being able to do that. These things happen and you're right to be upset over it. Obviously the incompetence of a member of staff does reflect badly on the managers. However, the end result was just that you were unable to get on the course that you wanted to get on, but you can just sign up for the next one.

I think before we start saying that the company as a whole has poor management we should know if there have been other similar experiences or whether you were just unlucky.

I'm not trying to belittle your experience, just saying that we ought to keep some perspective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.