choosing new racket from VT80 to TK-BXR

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by speedyJT, Aug 2, 2019.

1. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Hi guys,

it's a long time ago since my last login here but I still know this is the best badminton community in the world wide web :)

I need to buy a new racket.
    Currently I am playing with a Yonex Voltric 80. I had two of them, but one is broken and as this "old model" is getting harder and harder to get, here I am searching and looking for a new one.

Even my playing style is not that aggressive, I am quite happy with my VT80 regarding stiffness and power.
    But in fast doubles I often notice that the head heaviness is sometimes too much.
    As I am playing more singles than doubles this should not have the main focus.

Therefore I am looking for a racket which is also stiff but maybe slightly not that head heavy as the VT 80.

I am not very familar with the new yonex racket models and as I am playing since ever with yonex rackets, I would also consider a racket from Victor.

I discorvered the Victor Thruster K BXR which looks in specifications regarding stiffness and head heavyness good to me. But I also heard that it could take some time to get used to it.
    Do some of you guys are playing with a Victor Thruster K BXR?
    Is it compareable with VT80 in any way?
    Are there other rackets from Yonex/Victor you would recommend for me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

#1 speedyJT, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  2. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

VT80 etune without the parts. Less head heavy than the VT80.