Choong Tan Fook & Zhang Jiewen

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by xijiayu, May 7, 2006.

1. kkkfans

kkkfans Regular Member

Student
    when kedah open i have CTF sign.....
    but i aso got try get his birthday wif him......
    he dint gif me......
    but at room he was talking hp.....
    maybe is wif jie wen talking phone.....

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I admired CTF.. ZhangJiewen is very popular in China. I heard that many guys tried to woo her but not successful.. they lost to our CTF.

3. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

CTF is so lucky to have ZJW as his girl girl. Hope I can hear the wedding bells ring A.S.A.P.:D:D:D

4. supasweetnic

supasweetnic Regular Member

student
    she must be loyal to him la! he so loving.. and they better faster get married.. CTF is getting older! haha

5. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Wow...its lucky for CTF to have ZJW...lucky guy !!!
    But seriously LCW's gf is WMC??
    *shocked*

6. susanong

susanong Regular Member

yes ... why shock ? hahaha :D
    WMC too beautiful for LCW or LCW too handsome for WMC ? :p

7. supasweetnic

supasweetnic Regular Member

student
    i think WMC is to beautiful for LCW! hahaha..

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I think you posted the wrong post in a wrong thread.

9. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    HMM...LOL...
    Can la...couples thread...

10. steffi_annie

steffi_annie Regular Member

student

ya....I do agree.....
    Wong Mew Choo is so beautiful.....but Lee Chong Wei is so thin.....

11. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    Tan Fook and JieWen Getting Marry

Read the news this morning. I was surprised as there were no news or any hint that both of them are couple. Anyway Congratulation to Tan Fook and JieWen. Tan Fook sure knows where to find pretty lady :D

12. cyclone9

cyclone9 Regular Member

any pics of JieWen :D

13. chin yin

chin yin Regular Member

From The Star
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2008/1/15/sports/20006681&sec=sports

Tuesday January 15, 2008

Badminton: Tan Fook to wed Chinese doubles star after Olympics
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: It is probably one of the best-kept love affairs in the world of badminton.
    And yesterday, Malaysia's Choong Tan Fook revealed that he could end his badminton career after the Beijing Olympics in August to tie the knot with China's Olympic and world champion doubles shuttler Zhang Jiewen.
    After keeping the relationship under wraps, Tan Fook decided that it was the right time to come out in the open at the Malaysian Open, which begins from 9am today with the qualifying tournament at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil.
    After all, it was at the 2004 Malaysian Open in Pahang when their love bloomed. Then, Tan Fook went on to win the men's doubles title with Lee Wan Wah and Jiewen took the women's title with Yang Wei.
    [​IMG] Wedding bells: Zhang Jiewen and Choong Tan Fook (below, right) fell in love during the 2004 Malaysian Open.
    Tan Fook said that he was looking forward to making his third and final appearance in Beijing. Tan Fook-Wan Wah are now ranked fifth in the world and are in with a shot to qualify for the Beijing Games.
    “I hope that we will qualify ... it is going to be my last Olympics. I do not know what will happen after that as far as my career is concerned. Will the country still need me? I don't know. There may be some changes,” said Tan Fook.
    “But one thing is for sure, I am planning to get married to Jiewen. The Beijing Games will also be her last before she quits.”
    Tan Fook added that they had not allowed the relationship to distract them from their individual pursuits for excellence in the international tournaments for their respective countries over the last four years.
    “She is now in Malaysia for the Open but she is on her own. Just like me, her focus is on doing well here. For the last four years, we have kept this long distance relationship going through calls and online chats,” he said.
    [​IMG] Inspired by the Guangzhou-born Jiewen's string of impressive achievements, Tan Fook said that he would go all out to win a medal if he gets to compete in the Beijing Olympics. He was the semi-finalists and quarter-finalists in the last two outings in Sydney (2000) and Athens (2004).
    “I am quite happy with my performances over the last two years. This is an important year for me and it will be a great finale if I can win at least a bronze medal in Beijing,” said Tan Fook.
    When asked if there could be another double from the couple at this year's Malaysian Open, Tan Fook said: “Based on current performances, I will be happy with a quarter-final finish.”
    Barring any upsets, Tan Fook-Wan Wah will face team-mates Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong, the top seeds and defending champions, in the quarter-finals.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    wow, i like to see them start playing mix doubles together. I mean on the court:phehe

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wohoo!!...ctf is gonna marry zhang jie wen after the beijing olyimpics 08!!!

from the star online...

Badminton: Tan Fook to wed Chinese doubles star after Olympics
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: It is probably one of the best-kept love affairs in the world of badminton.
    And yesterday, Malaysia's Choong Tan Fook revealed that he could end his badminton career after the Beijing Olympics in August to tie the knot with China's Olympic and world champion doubles shuttler Zhang Jiewen.
    After keeping the relationship under wraps, Tan Fook decided that it was the right time to come out in the open at the Malaysian Open, which begins from 9am today with the qualifying tournament at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil.
    After all, it was at the 2004 Malaysian Open in Pahang when their love bloomed. Then, Tan Fook went on to win the men's doubles title with Lee Wan Wah and Jiewen took the women's title with Yang Wei.
    [​IMG] Wedding bells: Zhang Jiewen and Choong Tan Fook (below, right) fell in love during the 2004 Malaysian Open.
    Tan Fook said that he was looking forward to making his third and final appearance in Beijing. Tan Fook-Wan Wah are now ranked fifth in the world and are in with a shot to qualify for the Beijing Games.
    “I hope that we will qualify ... it is going to be my last Olympics. I do not know what will happen after that as far as my career is concerned. Will the country still need me? I don't know. There may be some changes,” said Tan Fook.
    “But one thing is for sure, I am planning to get married to Jiewen. The Beijing Games will also be her last before she quits.”
    Tan Fook added that they had not allowed the relationship to distract them from their individual pursuits for excellence in the international tournaments for their respective countries over the last four years.
    “She is now in Malaysia for the Open but she is on her own. Just like me, her focus is on doing well here. For the last four years, we have kept this long distance relationship going through calls and online chats,” he said.
    [​IMG] Inspired by the Guangzhou-born Jiewen's string of impressive achievements, Tan Fook said that he would go all out to win a medal if he gets to compete in the Beijing Olympics. He was the semi-finalists and quarter-finalists in the last two outings in Sydney (2000) and Athens (2004).
    “I am quite happy with my performances over the last two years. This is an important year for me and it will be a great finale if I can win at least a bronze medal in Beijing,” said Tan Fook.
    When asked if there could be another double from the couple at this year's Malaysian Open, Tan Fook said: “Based on current performances, I will be happy with a quarter-final finish.”
    Barring any upsets, Tan Fook-Wan Wah will face team-mates Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong, the top seeds and defending champions, in the quarter-finals.

16. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    wow congrat to them, then will zjw leave china team to go m'sia team not??? just like wat chen hong did...

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the hints and rumors and news, and even photos has been around for months if not year. you just weren't paying attention. ;)

but either way, congrats to them!!!

18. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    This awesome news!!

I did not that CTF was not married..I assume he did.

19. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    hahaha.... chen hong din left china.. he is still in china i think.. just tat he is not playin under china banner... :D

20. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    ABCD@work

If you wanna know who knew something we didn't, click here :p

For the larger picture (pun intended), click here ;)