Chinese Taipei semi-final result

Discussion in 'Hong Kong / Chinese Taipei / China Open 2003' started by double, Nov 8, 2003.

1. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Re: Re: Re: Go Mia!!!

It's not the end of the world. Instead, it's just a 4 star tounaments without any Chinese players. Let's see in the coming China open, hopefully, Mia could meet Hongyan again in the final if Mia is really good enough.

:eek: :( :D

2. Faisal

Faisal Regular Member

Student
    take it easy...

1) Ofcourse it's not the end of the world! Did I say that? Moreover I was just cheering for her because I thought maybe we will get to see some badminton here on TV.

2) Pi & Wang are also "Chinese"

3) Pi will have to play against Zhang Ning first before she meets Audina in the final...and I think that will not happen becasue Zhang is just too fit/hot/strong these days.

4) If Mia wins over Zhang, I will be really surprised!

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    congratulations to Mia and also Pi. that's a major tournament achievements for both of them!

4. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Re: take it easy...

Well, I meant the players from China. Only the Chinese players from China are extremly strong. Other Chinese oversees have to support themself on everything, so cannot concentrate on playing good badminton. Exactly like genius Pi Hongyan, European Champion Yao Jie, even former World Number One Wang Chen, ..., they need to not only earn their own living, make the ends meet, struggle for Visa and residency, and even servive the Chinese government's persecutions and harassments. Life is not easy for them, It is espeically respectful for them to sacrifice themselves for the badminton. I have to kowtow to them.

Actually, Mia herself is a Chinese too ethnically even though she looks not like a Chinese anymore. Her ancestors moved from China to Indonesia long time ago.

5. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Sorry to contradict you but Hongyan has just about nothing at all to think about except badminton, being at the national training centre at Paris.

The problem is more a question of having good partners to train with... :rolleyes: