Chinese Taipei Open 2007: RE-DRAW

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by huangkwokhau, Sep 16, 2007.

1. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    then

Don't PAW on LCW :D.. if you do.. you will expect lcw to win :p :p

2. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Couple of interesting matches for the young guns

MD
    1. Rian/Yoke vs Lee JJ/Hwang JM - Hopes for an upsets here from the INA pair as the Korean doesn't shows any impressive results in the JO.

2. Chan PS/Chang HP vs Boe/Mogensen - It would be an achievement for this juniors to go beyond this round by beating the veteran pairs which did beat MAS seniors CTF/LWW in MO07 early in this year..

3. Bona/Ahsan vs Khoo CK / Mohd Razif - Expecting a tight match here.. I still fink INA pair gota brighter chance to advance..

MS

1. Lim Kenn vs Chen Hong - Will be a whitewash for this MJs.. But it should be a valuable learning experience for him against the might China Player!:)

2. Chan Kwon Beng vs Chan Yan Kit - Judge from the current form. This Hongkies will be a player to watch in Taipei.. Hopes with some tips from Misbun will to prevent CKB get a bashing here.;)

3. Tago Kenichi vs Peter Gade - An upsets most likely to be seen here as PG might be tiring after the QF clash in JO with LD.:rolleyes:

4. TCS vs PSH - A chances for MJs to create an upsets here.:eek: PSH not in his fine form at JO.. Beating two Euro Players and went down tamely to TH.. :eek:

5. Arif vs Lee CH - Yet another MAS vs Korea Affair :mad: Lee beats CKB in JO.. Should have no problem to overcome the most talented player for MAS here...:cool:

6. Andrea Tedjono vs Lee HI- Lee is desperate to make amends here after another poor outing in SS Japan. :mad:

7. Lim Fang Yang vs Kennevic A. - A good draw for this promising Mjs..:D Should grab the chance and advance into 2nd round

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

here are the re draw.......

Attached Files:

• ms1.xls
      File size:
      36 KB
      Views:
    • ws1.xls
      File size:
      23.5 KB
      Views:
    • md1.xls
      File size:
      23 KB
      Views:
    • wd1.xls
      File size:
      23 KB
      Views:
    • mx1.xls
      File size:
      23 KB
      Views:
  4. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Sony is in LCW's half draw, TH is on CH's top draw................

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

LCW will have a tough route to the final although no chinese player involve in tis tournament except CHEN HONG

#25 george@chongwei, Sep 17, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  6. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

hmmm, sound interesting...but too bad, no livescores i guess:(

Haoge...can help???

Ask tournament software to 'livescoring':D:D:D

A delicious fishy pau for u in return:p

7. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader

Each time i PAW him ending up in the bottom 5.. :crying::crying:No more PAW for LCW ... at least in This Chinese Taipei open.. :eek:

8. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

Btw, a very stupid question....errrrrrr, how to play PAW????

9. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Please refer to Pick A Winner(PAW) thread by Sandy.. He always wrote a very clear instruction on the first page on how to PAW..
    Just Pick a winner from all the matches listed there..
    For Example Player A over Player B
    The Scoring point for each match is in the blanket of the whole list.. (U usually see a lower rank player got more points over a higher ranks players)
    The more matches ur prediction get it right, the more chances for you to get higher place in Ranking .

Its a fun games...
    ENJOY PAWING ! :D:D

10. kkkfans

kkkfans Regular Member

Student
    can i knw about the md,wd,md??

11. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I am working on it...for sure I called Chinese Taipei association, they promised to send us result by end of the night...adnd I am working withj some members to send em SMS..stay tune!!

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Quite a bad draw for my fav MD pair Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan (1) :mad:
    R32: vs Albertus Susanto Njoto/Yohan Hadikusumo Wiratama -- always a tricky tie against these senior HKG-based pair.

R16: (possibly) vs Tan Bin Shen/Ong Soon Hock -- also, always tough playing a MAS pair.

QF: (possibly) vs Shuichi Sakamoto/Shintaro Ikeda (5) -- although Fang Chieh-Min/Lee Sheng-Mu or Simon Mollyhus/Anders Kristensen can upset the WC bronze-medallist.

SF: (possibly) vs Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Ji Man (3) or Hendra A. Gunawan/Joko Riyadi (8) -- with Lee/Hwang having Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki in the first tie and possibly Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen in the second round. AG/Joko meanwhile have slightly easier routes to QF against a Jap backup pair Keishi Kawaguchi/Naoki Kawame in the first round and possibly the local pair Tsai Chia-Hsin/Hu Chung-Hsien. In all likelihood, I expect AG/Joko to be AT LEAST in the QF.

F: (possibly) vs Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae (2) or Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto (4). Luluk/Alvent also have two tough openers: against Chew Choon Eng/Hong Chien Hun and possibly Sudket Prapakamol/Phattapol Ngensrisuk. They should face the MAS pair Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif/Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari (6) in the QF (if they advance). Meanwhile, Jung/Lee face a qualifier in the first tie and possibly the unpredictable SIN pair Hendri Kurniawan Saputra/Hendra Wijaya in the second round. Their QF opponent should be Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen (7). Paaske/Rasmussen should meet the winner between Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan and Khoo Chung Chiat/Mohd Razif Abdul Latif in the second round. I hope Bona/Ahsan can progress to the second round.

13. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

I should have proceeded to Taipei to keep you updated. Unfortunately, I have to go back to Manila for important task. Maybe someone from BC Taipei can do what we did in the Philippine open. We are all clueless with what's going on there.:confused::confused::confused:

14. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    YEP...I called their organizer and they confirmed that there is no LIve score...I even has hard time to open their website...they promised to send me resulst every day...trust me..I will find a way......:D:D

Coming to Macau?? I will be there

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As for the top-seed in XD, Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir (1), the route is smooth till QF.
    R32: vs Wong Man Ching/Hui Wai Ho -- a breeze

R16: (possibly) vs Tan Wee Kiong/Woon Khe Wei -- tricky, but should be manageable for the World Champion.

QF: (possibly) vs Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Yu Mi (5) -- the KOR pair should also breeze through and this will represent Nova/Butet's first tough tie.

SF: (possibly) vs Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl (3) or Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita (7) -- Laybourn/Rytter-Juhl has a good tournament last week, and they too are likely to progress to the QF where Devin/Lita should await them. Devin/Lita have the Asuncion siblings and either the JAP pair Tadashi Ohtsuka/Satoko Suetsuna or Hendra Wijaya/Jiang Yanmei. Target for them remains to be QF, and it will be a bonus if they can progress to the SF.

F: (possibly) vs Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa (2) or Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thoungthongkam (3) or Han Sang Hoon/Lee Hyo Jung (5). Flandy/Vita have a tough opener against Lee Yong Dae/Ha Jung Eun and if they can win, they should face the home pair Tsai Chia-Hsin/Cheng Wen-Hsing in the second round (a rematch of the Japan Open). Their expected opponent should be Hendri Kurniawan Saputra/Li Yujia (8). The SIN pair opens up against Lingga Lie/Nitya Krishinda and should face Jonas Rasmussen/Lena Frier-Kristensen next. If Flandy/Vita can negotiate the early rounds, their opponents in the SF will be a tough one.

Sudket/Saralee will face Tantowi Ahmad/Yulianti in the first round and either Fang Chieh-Min/Cheng Wen-Hsing or Lim Khim Wah/Ng Hui Lin in the second round. Han/Lee face a qualifier in the first tie and either Yohan Hadikusumo Wiratama/Chau Hoi Wah or Keita Masuda/Miyuki Meada next. The expected QF match between Sudket/Saralee and Han/Lee should be a cracking one!

Nevertheless, with no CHN participation, I expect NO LESS THAN A TITLE here!

16. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Beware of Koreans.....they are rising back to Badminton world..which it is good for competition....

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As for Vita Marissa/Lilyana Natsir, because they are not seeded, things are slightly tougher for them to win their second title.
    R32 vs Fong Chew Yen/Mooi Hing Yau -- a negotiable first opener

R16 vs Jiang Yanmei/Li Yujia (4) -- straight away, they will encounter an arch-rival, the SIN pair Jiang/Li. Expect a tough contest and it looks like Vita/Butet have a good chance if they perform like that against Gao/Huang last week (except for the final few pts of course:cool:)

QF vs (possibly) Satoko Suetsuna/Miyuki Maeda (8) -- the JAP pair should be awaiting them there, although they might face Lita Nurlita/Nitya Krishinda in the second round. Lita/Nitya have a first tie against the home pair of Chou Chia-Chi/Ku Pei-Ting. It will be A BONUS if Lita/Nitya can progress to the QF :cool: In any case, if Vita/Butet can beat Jiang/Li, they should have no problem progressing to the SF

SF: vs (possibly) Kumiko Ogura/Reiko Shiota (2) or Lee Kyung Won/Lee Hyo Jung (5). The cute JAP pair should have no problem with their first two matches and Lee/Lee should be awaiting them in the QF. The Djarum pair Meiliana Jauhari/Shendy Puspa Irawati is also in this quarter, with their first opponent being fellow club pair from KLRC, Lim Pek Siah/Haw Chiou Hwee. If Meiliana/Shendy win, they have a tough tie against Lee/Lee next.

F: vs (possibly) Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing (1) or Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui (3). The local pair should have no problem entering the QF where Aki Akao/Tomomi Matsuda (7) should await them. However, Akao/Matsuda open up against Ha Jung Eun/Hwang Yu Mi. The INA junior pair of Yulianti/Richi Puspita Dili has a reasonable draw, facing fellow MAS junior Ng Hui Lin/Goh Liu Ying. I expect Yulianti/Richi to progress to the second round.

The MAS pair faces a tricky tie against possibly Lena Frier-Kristensen/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl for a place in the QF, where Rani Mundiasti/Endang Nursugianti (8) are expecting them. Rani/Endang open their campaign against a HKG pair and should face Nicole Grether/Juliane Schenk next. Again, a QF placing is expected of Rani/Endang here.

So, it will be a tough route for Vita/Butet....I just wish them good luck :D

18. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    They are the World Champion and their opponents should be the one who feel unlucky to face them, not the other way around. That's how true champion should be? Furthermore, Kido/Setiawan should be 1 level higher that their opponents listed above except the Korean pair in SF, at least on paper, we are not talking about facing Fu/Cai, KKK/TBH or Choong/Lee. I think you worry too much :D

19. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Revised Taipen Open RE-Draw

I got the new list of draw after meeting with players' managers...

Attached Files:

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    True, we cannot expect LCW to win back-to-back... but if LCW looses to Ari Yuli Wahyu [INA] in the 1st round, I expect many MAS fans and Mr. Yap K. H. will grill him... :p